trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th June 2021, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Oh, well then I might re-watch it with Joe Bob in that case
Sometimes he's quite interesting especially when he has guest but still a lot of angry old man rants which I suppose I appreciate more and more as get older!

Mind it's best too a vpn if you have one as a lot of episodes are missing on the uk.

As I've mentioned before both the evil speak and hellraiser 2 episodes are great and well worth a watch.
Old 20th June 2021, 08:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Sometimes he's quite interesting especially when he has guest but still a lot of angry old man rants which I suppose I appreciate more and more as get older!

Mind it's best too a vpn if you have one as a lot of episodes are missing on the uk.

As I've mentioned before both the evil speak and hellraiser 2 episodes are great and well worth a watch.
I do, It's always on (although usually to a UK server) but I can certainly change it to a US server and watch some other stuff, Shudder is owned by one of the big American studios so they can license a lot more films over there. That being said, I've not subscribed for about a year and they've completed refreshed the UK catalogue so I'll watch as many as I can for the next couple of months and then lapse the membership again

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th June 2021, 09:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

A young woman investigates the disappearance of her friend whom is believed to of been killed by Bigfoot , she tricks her way into giving a ride to the last person to see her friend.

As the film goes on we soon learn that the woman whom last saw her friend appears to be far more dangerous than Bigfoot. A little slow and not really a Bigfoot movie I the usual sense. We have more lesbian love scenes than anything else.

Excellent, a deranged film director is making a film about zombies, when actual zombies start attacking but the director wants to keep shooting no matter what or does he?

As a lot of reviews say keep watching after 37 minutes , when you watch to will understand why. Well worth a watch.

Easily one of the best of not the best werewolf films since American werewolf . It's the story of two outsider sisters , in which one of the sisters is biting by a werewolf and becomes a sexed up vamp who begins to grow her and a tail and a taste for blood, her sister sets out too try and save her. Excellent.

Now watching.
Regarding One Cut Of The Dead, have you seen the sort of Sequel, it's over 50 minutes but it's really good?
Old 20th June 2021, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Eye of the Needle (1981)

Based on the novel by Ken Follett, Eye of the Needle is a genuinely gripping war time set thriller starring Donald Sutherland as a German spy desperately attempting to get out of Britain and back to Germany with plans of the upcoming Normandy invasion.

At times this veers dangerously close to slasher film territory especially during the last half hour as Kate Nelligan becomes the 'final girl' hunted across a remote Scottish island by Sutherland. At other times it feels like a classy British thriller from the late forties although that illusion is frequently exposed by sex and gory murders.

Both Sutherland and Nelligan are believable and ably supported by Christopher Cazenove, although Ian Bannen (Tracking Sutherland) is sadly underused, whilst director Richard Marquand maintains suspense throughout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eotn.jpg (45.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 20th June 2021, 10:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

2 Fast 2 Furious

Paul Walker is now a Street Racer and in order to clear his record, he has to team up with Tyrese to help The Police take down a Money Launderer. Ludacris and Eva Mendes co-star. This is my favorite film of the franchise, it's such a fun film, I remember watching Hulk (Eric Bana) and I was more entertained by the opening 5 minutes of this one than Hulk. The car chases/races are thrilling and Miami was a great setting.

Warlock

Julian Sands is the Warlock who is able to escape Execution in 1891 and travel to modern day America where he is hunted by Richard E. Grant. This is still enjoyable as it was back in the day, I did think that this film might of been outdated but it isn't.

Fast And Furious 7

Jason Statham is out for revenge so Vin Diesel's group is out to stop him. At this stage, the franchise is what it is, once you get pass the absurdness (Surely if a Helicopter is shooting up L.A, you'd think The Military would be on it pronto) it's enjoyable. Again the chases are good and I did like the parachuting car scene.

Tango And Cash

Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell are rival Cops when they are framed by Criminal, Jack Palance. Very good Action Film, mind you that Prison had some dodgy electric wires during the escape. Realized that my 15 rated was cut, might have to get the Blu-Ray.

Space Jam

Classic Film which sees the Looney Tunes have to play a game of Basketball in order not to become Prisoners on a distant planet. Michael Jordan assists them. Still enjoy this Film and the Basketball players who had their talent stolen still the show.

Rollercoaster

Timothy Bottoms is bombing Rollercoasters and it's up to George Segal to stop him. Saw the recommendations from this thread and I enjoyed this Film. It was thrilling and Bottoms plays a really convincing bad guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2f2f.jpg (9.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg w.jpg (14.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg faf7.jpg (9.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tac.jpg (11.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sj.jpg (12.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg r.jpg (14.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 20th June 2021, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Regarding One Cut Of The Dead, have you seen the sort of Sequel, it's over 50 minutes but it's really good?
No didn't know their was one.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 20th June 2021, 10:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
No didn't know their was one.
Yeah, there recently was a new Blu-Ray released and it had the original and sequel on it.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st June 2021, 05:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 233751
KING KONG (1976) 3hr 15 min TV Version
Apparently there is an Easter Egg hidden somewhere on the Shout Factory release...

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st June 2021, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A enjoyable Russia body horror. A team is sent to secret underground facility which contact has been lost with. It's soon apparent something dreadful has happened, a type of fungal infection has infected and changed people making them bloodthirsty killers, but worse things are deeper in the base. Great practical effects.

A mixture of The Thing, alien and 70s Doctor Who, it could of done with a bit more editing and slightly shortened run time, but still worth watching.

Now watching

Was going to watch one of these afterwards but havet decide which.

Like this? Share it using the links below!