Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
'The Body Snatcher', via Shout Factory bluray.
Loved this, Karloff is so good in it. Looks and sounds great - the scene where the 'singing girl' walks down the alley, into the rain, while Karloff's horse/buggy comes up behind her, is fantastic. And of course, Karloff's shadow on the wall, when he enters the room with his grave digging gear over his shoulder...great stuff.
The dog scene genuinely shocked me and there's a classic Lewton jump scare that also got me!
One of my top five horror films. Delighted you loved it, Linbro.

I didn't actually know it had been released on blu. I shall be watching it on Christmas Eve in HD now i know that's for sure.
Linbro likes this.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
One of my top five horror films. Delighted you loved it, Linbro.

I didn't actually know it had been released on blu. I shall be watching it on Christmas Eve in HD now i know that's for sure.
Pretty sure it's Region A locked, can check for you if you like.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Pretty sure it's Region A locked, can check for you if you like.
Thanks, it's okay as i'm all region for blu.
Linbro likes this.
Old 24th June 2021, 04:58 PM
Active Cultist

479b92b7318bff50833ddcff5405dafe.jpg

Spiral (2021)

Spiral it's your drinking game movie for 2021 - every time Chris Rock tries to put a serious face you should have a shot - probably you will be drunk after 30 minutes and you can enjoy the rest of the movie.

Jokes aside - it's bad, I like the saw franchise, it went downhill after the 3rd, but 8 movies it's impossible to keep the quality - but this one is just dull, the traps are boring, the gore is too clean, the story we saw it before like 300 times.

Avoid, at all costs, unless you want to get drunk.
Old 24th June 2021, 10:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Fast & Furious 9

The gang minus Hobbs and Shaw are back this time, they have to stop Dom's brother from stealing a weapon. It's definitely in the category of if you like the previous movies, you'd probably like this one. If not, then it's more than likely best to forego this one.

Breakdance 2: Electric Boogaloo

The original trio are back and this time they are trying to save a youth center from being demolished. Again they didn't over-complicate things with the script (which they didn't need too) and they did more elaborate routines (however I hate it when they include unnecessary background characters in the songs/dances) not bad but the 1st one is better.

Also a pet peeve of mine is when they rename a film on the cover (Breakdance) but the original title (Breakin') is in the credits.

Warlock: The Armageddon

Julian Sands is reborn and it's up to some modern Druids to stop him. After watching the 1st few minutes, I thought it was a film that was given the Warlock name but it appears to be a legit sequel. THIS FILM IS AWFUL, it's probably one of the worst films, I've seen in a while. It looks like a TV movie with worse effects than the original. Julian Sands does make a convincing Warlock though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faf9.jpg (13.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg b2eb.jpg (15.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg wta.jpg (14.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 24th June 2021, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Weird, I was going to watch Breakdance 2 tonight, but I watched that 'unearthed' Romero film on Shudder, The Amusement Park, wish I watched the Cannon film instead
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th June 2021, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Fast & Furious 9

The gang minus Hobbs and Shaw are back this time, they have to stop Dom's brother from stealing a weapon. It's definitely in the category of if you like the previous movies, you'd probably like this one. If not, then it's more than likely best to forego this one.
I was so disappointed by Hobbs and Shaw that i really have no interest in seeing anymore Fast and Furious movies.

I despised it. Took it to Cex the day after watching it and they gave me £8 of my £10 spent back.
Old 24th June 2021, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Weird, I was going to watch Breakdance 2 tonight, but I watched that 'unearthed' Romero film on Shudder, The Amusement Park, wish I watched the Cannon film instead
Did you find The Amusement Park disturbing or was that just me?
Old 24th June 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was so disappointed by Hobbs and Shaw that i really have no interest in seeing anymore Fast and Furious movies.

I despised it. Took it to Cex the day after watching it and they gave me £8 of my £10 spent back.
That's what happens when someone's ego gets way to big and does a spin off without any help from Vin Diesel and the end product sucks
Old 24th June 2021, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
That's what happens when someone's ego gets way to big and does a spin off without any help from Vin Diesel and the end product sucks
I was really looking forward to seeing it. I love most Dwayne Johnson action flicks and all Jason Statham ones. How could they **** it up so badly?
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!