Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Jaguar Lives! (1979, Ernest Pintoff)

Sub Bond caper.
The Jaguar (Joe Lewis) has his work cut out, what with the supporting cast acting rings around him .
Globetrotting shenanigans ensue as he endeavours to discover the identity of a shady svengali type. Dould the answer be closer to home than he thinks?
Fun with this one, if only for Donald Pleasence's turn
It's been a long time since I saw this, though if memory serves, it's one I thought was dumb but fun. From memory, the Arrow Video DVD is unusual because it doesn't have an anamorphic picture.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th July 2021, 11:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yep, had to adjust the aspect with this one, as it looked a tad "stretched" to begin with.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th July 2021, 12:59 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Disaster Artist

Story based on the making of The Room, which is considered to be one of the worst Movies of all time. It it's fascinating and whilst Tommy Wissau was seen to be an awkward and infuriating person, he did put up and created something and like the Producer/Director of Birdemic, I'm not sure if they deserve to be ridiculed.

Has The Room ever been shown in Cinemas and/or had any kind of Video/DVD release, I never recall ever seeing it around nor been on a TV Channel, which I find kind of strange considering it's reputation.
I know that the Prince Charles Cinema in London often has it on, I don't think it has had a 'wide' release. I just checked DVD Compare too, and it seems it's only had a self released blu-ray which is odd, I would have though someone would have released it, I wonder if he doesn't want to give the rights away.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Room, The (Blu-ray) (2003)
nicholasrope likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th July 2021, 02:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Girl On The Third Floor.2019.

Don is renovating a house he and his pregnant wife have bought, the house holds many secrets and as he begins to work he finds out more about the house and what can be behind the walls.

I watched this film last year and wasn't really too sure what to really make of it and after a second glance it's more psychological crime thriller mixed with some supernatural element. Phil (CM Punk) Brooks plays the lead actor who seems drawn to the occurrences of the house's past and the people knowing about the house and it's secrets. Even looking at the outside of the house it does have that Gothic look to it that would want you to run far and run fast from it. Worth a watch and best going into this with a open mind and no distractions.

47f878_3346bcbed4604ff48310fabe4c9a7d2d_mv2.jpg
Old 28th July 2021, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

(JamieF-DE)__Humanoid(3).jpg lum.jpg
THE HUMANOID (1979)

Low budget Italian cash in on Star Wars. When this movie was released, me and my brother went to the cinema and had a choice between this movie or Battlestar Galactica. We chose this one. It has remained a nostalgic favorite of mine ever since and I have collected some memorabilia on the way.
Old 28th July 2021, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Day Of Judgement. 1981,

In a small town in the 1920s, the inhabitants who feel unhappy with everything, a lone stranger comes riding in and begins to kill them who sin against the lord.

I remember seeing this in the late 80s possibly 87-88 maybe and all I remember it was being a bit slow, Jump many years later...still a bit slow and guaranteed no one will get a oscar for their performance, even the end was a bit messed up, people getting killed and then bang their alive again, it was like everyone had the same nightmare vision on what would happen, maybe the Blu-ray release will have a sharper picture quality rather than the naff youtube upload, it it one I would watch again.

65982_1_large.jpg
Old 28th July 2021, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A hugely enjoyable monster movie that pays homage too the monster flicks of the 50s . Two handymen are about too leave there no end town and jobs, when the small town and it's handful of inhabitants come under siege from armoured work like creatures called grabiods that's have snakes for months.

A great mixture of comedy and monster movie with two likable leads. Michael Gross as the survivalist nut as too be my favourite character .

Now watching.

Old 28th July 2021, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Savage Streets. 1984.

Brenda is a troubled teen who thinks she is the big girl on campus, when a group of thugs rape her deaf sister and kill her best friend she decides to take the law into her own hands.

This seems to have it all from the 80s, bad disco dancing, Not so great trash talking from Linda Blair, and half of the cast, Linnea Quigley going topless but that's due to the rape scene, heck even Linda shows off her puppies while lying in a bath contemplating revenge. Yet this was actually still decent film, PMS goes to hell and back big time, never upset a girl who is protective of her sister.

p47308_p_v10_aa.jpg
Old 28th July 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Bloodstained Shadow (1978)

Another really dull giallo from Antonio Bido, after rewatching Watch Me When I Kill the other week.

This one is nicely shot in a very bleak looking Venice but so little happens i have really nothing to say in it's favour and can't really recall anything memorable about it whatsoever.
Old 28th July 2021, 10:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Bloodstained Shadow (1978)

Another really dull giallo from Antonio Bido, after rewatching Watch Me When I Kill the other week.

This one is nicely shot in a very bleak looking Venice but so little happens i have really nothing to say in it's favour and can't really recall anything memorable about it whatsoever.
This one has never really appealed to me and have thought of watching it but after your comments maybe best I bypass this one

Like this? Share it using the links below!