LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2021, 09:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Doll Of Satan. 1969.

Eilzabeth has just inherited a castle from her Late Uncle, she is persuaded to sell it and decides to hang on to it but strange things begin to happen.

This was a blind watch for me and had no idea what I was going into, typical giallo, eccentric Uncle, distant relative and a house in the middle of nowhere...what can go wrong? Thing I have learned is if you are offered a creepy place don't stay the night, run fast run far. I don't get the jist of this one except someone doing a bit of chemistry in the basement and a criminal on the loose, will say this Erna Schurer was a beautiful lady, and Roland Carey is able to get help from a German Shepherd dog. Re-watch will be due again.

Attachment 236277
I ordered this a couple of hours ago.

Why couldn't you have just said it was ****ing brilliant?
Old 15th September 2021, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I ordered this a couple of hours ago.

Why couldn't you have just said it was ****ing brilliant?
and being hunted down by you with a lighted torch and pitchfork for saying it no thank you
Old 15th September 2021, 09:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
and being hunted down by you with a lighted torch and pitchfork for saying it no thank you
In all fairness i read what others had said about it beforehand. I know it's no classic but i think i'll still enjoy it.

Besides it's something i haven't seen before. I get a bit fed up buying things i already own so this is pretty cool.
Old 15th September 2021, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
In all fairness i read what others had said about it beforehand. I know it's no classic but i think i'll still enjoy it.

Besides it's something i haven't seen before. I get a bit fed up buying things i already own so this is pretty cool.
To be honest it's not that bad, I'm sure we all have seen worst giallo movies, was thinking earlier (yes it's dangerous for me to think, I know) has anyone released The Red Monks? That is a film I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th September 2021, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
To be honest it's not that bad, I'm sure we all have seen worst giallo movies, was thinking earlier (yes it's dangerous for me to think, I know) has anyone released The Red Monks? That is a film I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.
I have that on dvd from a cheapo UK company called Shriek Films and it looks pretty good upscaled.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 15th September 2021, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I have that on dvd from a cheapo UK company called Shriek Films and it looks pretty good upscaled.
I had the Hardgore release from Poundland but seemed to be edited badly
Old 15th September 2021, 10:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Way Of The Dragon. 1972.

Tang Lung arrives in Rome from Bong Kong to help a friend out who's resraunt business is being targeted by ruthless gangsters.

Bruce Lee stars in his only writing and directorial feature film with one of the great fight scenes with Chuck Norris for a final showdown, it does show his comedic side with a small boy and a ice cream cone. There are some scenes that seem funny which are not really meant to be intentional but the fight scenes are well choreographed.

s-l300.jpg
Old 16th September 2021, 12:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Boss. 1971

Cheng who is a city person arrives at a small village to work with his cousins in a ice factory, when members of his family start to disappear, Cheng begins to suspect the manager has something to do with it.

The film that catapulted Bruce lee from tv stardom to international star with his style of Kung-Fu and acting that made him the legend he is still remembered by. Everyone needs their breaking starring store but I have always felt this wasn't a good movie, the fight scenes are awesome to watch but the pace of the film does seem to drag on at times, the film did get criticised I think for the amount of blood that was shown in a few kills, the birth of the dragon began here.

bigboss.jpg
Old 16th September 2021, 08:28 AM
Cult Veteran

I've never seen a Bruce Lee film, which seems crazy to me considering how much I love Jackie Chan (the new Bruce Lee). I was going to import that Criterion box set when it was reduced but never got around to it, perhaps I will in the next 50% sale.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th September 2021, 04:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The Banishing. 2020.

A young reverend and his wife and daughter move into a house with a supernatural past.

This was meant to be about the most haunted house in England in 1930s, it's more like the most non suspenseful film about a haunted house, the suspense is built up then it's like the enemy in The Neverending Story...Nothing. I have no idea how Sean Harris got persuaded to be in this film, he should have ran fast and ran far, even I feel embarrassed about watching it.

Attachment 232600
Ouch! I was looking at this in Asda the other day and was tempted to buy it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!