Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2022, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Damned. 1969.

This was a very long film, or too long to focus on at times, 2 and half hours, at times it can be slow but at the same time it can be interesting. Set around 1933-1934, follows a wealthy family who seem to have profited from the rise of the Nazi regime and exploite every one around them. There are a few scenes of nudity that can contain themes of incest and some times can be uncomfortable to watch. There is some characters in the film based on real life Germans and how they can be with the persecution of the Jews that is mentioned a few times during the film, the acting, direction and cinematography is amazing to behold.

FWYRYrCRL3TyEpXnnB990Bw5eFEOCJ_large.jpg
Old 13th January 2022, 12:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Damned. 1969.

This was a very long film, or too long to focus on at times, 2 and half hours, at times it can be slow but at the same time it can be interesting. Set around 1933-1934, follows a wealthy family who seem to have profited from the rise of the Nazi regime and exploite every one around them. There are a few scenes of nudity that can contain themes of incest and some times can be uncomfortable to watch. There is some characters in the film based on real life Germans and how they can be with the persecution of the Jews that is mentioned a few times during the film, the acting, direction and cinematography is amazing to behold.

Attachment 238600
🤔 mmm, Depends I don’t 2 and half hrs isn’t long tbh .
Watched pulp fiction other day and when it finished I couldn’t believe how time flew, felt like I had just watched a normal hr and half film,

Like das boot, I watched the full 5hr in one sitting only stopping for things like loo or making a brew, and that seriously didn’t feel like 5hrs I couldn’t believe I actual sat there and watched it all for so long without even looking at my mobile .
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 13th January 2022, 01:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
🤔 mmm, Depends I don’t 2 and half hrs isn’t long tbh .
Watched pulp fiction other day and when it finished I couldn’t believe how time flew, felt like I had just watched a normal hr and half film,

Like das boot, I watched the full 5hr in one sitting only stopping for things like loo or making a brew, and that seriously didn’t feel like 5hrs I couldn’t believe I actual sat there and watched it all for so long without even looking at my mobile .
Das Boot is a classic feature and one you can get emerged in very quickly from start to finish. I was the same when I watched Chernobyl 5 hours passed very quickly.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Das Boot is a classic feature and one you can get emerged in very quickly from start to finish. I was the same when I watched Chernobyl 5 hours passed very quickly.
I agree about Chernobyl, I put it on one Sunday with the intention of watching an episode and before I knew it I'd watched them all and it was 11pm lol. Gripping stuff.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th January 2022, 09:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dead Are Alive! (1972, Amando Crispino)

Police are baffled when fresher bodies start turning up at an archeological dig.
The suspects are plentiful.
It must be giallo time then ...

Featuring Samatha Eggar, Alex Cord and John Marley, this was a lot of fun. Loyalties and alibis are tested severely, and the copper isn't as comical as in some in this genre.
Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th January 2022, 01:11 PM
Cult Addict

The Terminator

Still a great arnie flick

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Old 13th January 2022, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Dead Are Alive! (1972, Amando Crispino)

Police are baffled when fresher bodies start turning up at an archeological dig.
The suspects are plentiful.
It must be giallo time then ...

Featuring Samatha Eggar, Alex Cord and John Marley, this was a lot of fun. Loyalties and alibis are tested severely, and the copper isn't as comical as in some in this genre.
Recommended.
I really need to dig out the Code Red dvd and watch this again because i was severely underwhelmed.

As someone might say Rewatch!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th January 2022, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict

Tremors

Kevin bacon versus worm monsters. An easy way to make yourself feel better while choked with flu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Old 13th January 2022, 04:54 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
�� mmm, Depends I don’t 2 and half hrs isn’t long tbh .

I done that with 1900, around the same length time.

On topic:

Scream 1-4

I love Scream 1 & 2, the others are just watchable, but easy forgotten - tomorrow it's time for Scream 5. No high hopes, so it's already a bonus
Old 13th January 2022, 05:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
I done that with 1900, around the same length time.

On topic:

Scream 1-4

I love Scream 1 & 2, the others are just watchable, but easy forgotten - tomorrow it's time for Scream 5. No high hopes, so it's already a bonus
It’s 7.8 on IMDb
Vast majority on letterboxd have give it good reviews
And most reviews I’ve read have been on the good side.

Like this? Share it using the links below!