Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2022, 02:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Full Moon. They've been putting out a fair amount of old European stuff recently. BD is OK, soft-ish in places but with grain and looks 'film like' enough. Basically it looks like a faithful rendering of a cheapshit production from the eighties.
Thanks. Where did you get it from? Did you splurge in the Halloween Full Moon sale?
Old 15th January 2022, 02:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks. Where did you get it from? Did you splurge in the Halloween Full Moon sale?
WOW HD. As you'll probably know, they're pricier these days with the VAT auto add-on, but they're still alright considering it's 'free' postage.

No, the only one I really wanted from FM was 'Mansion of the Doomed', but unfortunately their postage definitely wasn't free and I couldn't justify adding an extra thirty or so quid on just for one disk.
Old 15th January 2022, 02:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
WOW HD. As you'll probably know, they're pricier these days with the VAT auto add-on, but they're still alright considering it's 'free' postage.

No, the only one I really wanted from FM was 'Mansion of the Doomed', but unfortunately their postage definitely wasn't free and I couldn't justify adding an extra thirty or so quid on just for one disk.
Wow! No. I can appreciate that.

I haven't bought from WowHD for ages.

Id never heard of Mania Killer so was delighted to read your review. I still have a great thirst for new (old) movies like this.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 15th January 2022, 02:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wow! No. I can appreciate that.

I haven't bought from WowHD for ages.

Id never heard of Mania Killer so was delighted to read your review. I still have a great thirst for new (old) movies like this.
Yeah, I still buy most of my region As from WOW unless I'm getting from source at VS or Severin etc. Or I did; I've just moved into an apartment that's a bit outside my budget, so splashing out will be a stretch in the months ahead.

Thanks for the support. Obviously I too am always on the lookout for old, forgotten trash, so it's nice to be able to share.
Old 15th January 2022, 03:43 PM
Active Cultist

Well this was better than I expected, much more violent and gory, I found who the killer was after 15 minutes, but still and good movie. worth a watch.
Old 15th January 2022, 06:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

Well this was better than I expected, much more violent and gory, I found who the killer was after 15 minutes, but still and good movie. worth a watch.
Image doesn't show for whatever reason so i have no idea what film you are talking about.
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 15th January 2022, 08:12 PM
Active Cultist

LOL

Scream 5
Old 15th January 2022, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Ice Road (2021)

Liam Neeson heads a team of truck drivers on a dangerous mission over frozen lakes and winter roads to deliver a crucial component to save workers trapped in a collapsed diamond mine.

For the first hour this is basically Neeson does Ice Road Truckers before the film veers off into action film territory with hints of a poverty row Mad Max Fury Road thrown in.

This isn't a bad thing, The Ice Road is a fun and largely entertaining film with some great location filming in the wilds of Winnipeg. Occasionally budget limitations show, especially when the mine explodes, but on the whole the SFX out on the ice look pretty impressive and create some tense set pieces.

In some respects the film is cliched as pretty much anything that could happen out on the ice does happen but it added to the enjoyment level for me, also one or two unexpected plot twists were quite welcome.

Usually i'd finish a review for a film like this saying they don't make films like this anymore when it's obvious they do even if it's for Netflix rather than cinemas. So with this and Those Who Wish Me Dead that i saw over Christmas it's nice to see something approaching the 90's style action thriller making a bit of a re-emergence.

The Ice Road is hardly essential viewing but i'm happy to add this good looking Blu-ray to my collection.
Old 16th January 2022, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Moon Of The Wolf. 1972.

Made for television movie set in the Louisianan Bayou, local Sheriff thinks a spate of murders is down to a werewolf, David Janssen plays the local Sheriff who looks into the myth of the werewolves that may be real and with some help from Bradford Dillman and Barbara Rush. the first part is set up well with some good suspense but towards the end it seems to fizzle out badly with the low budget wolf make-up, did help to pass the time away.

51IkyYym75L._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 16th January 2022, 06:01 PM
Cult Addict

I watched all 3 Austin Powers a few days ago.
Would it be made nowadays? No. I would've loved to have seen Danny devito as mini me based on that one bit in goldmember.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!