Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2022, 03:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’m glad you enjoyed it, I really quite liked it as well when I watched it and I’m looking forward to a rewatch.

Having watched all 5 in succession, is the 3rd instalment still the low point? I watched the original 3 late last year on iTunes and because I couldn’t be bothered to look for Scream 4 in my boxes I skipped it and went straight to 5 lol… it’s been years since I watched that one.
It's difficult to rank them i think.

I did until yesterday think Scream the original was comfortably the best, although that could be because i saw it at the cinema and that opening ten minutes was like nothing i'd ever seen before. It does tend to go downhill a bit after that.

I used to think the second film was the low point but really enjoyed that on Tuesday. Courtney with her red streaks Mmmm! The third film i've always enjoyed but i didn't think that stood up as well when you watch them consecutively.

Scream 4 was largely very good too, however i think this new one as a whole film with the storyline, superior acting and genuinely at times touching script made me think it was probably the best.

Really i guess only time will tell. That first film is 25 years old and still incredibly entertaining, will Scream (2022) have that longevity? Who knows?

None of them are awful by any means.
Old 7th May 2022, 03:28 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I did until yesterday think Scream the original was comfortably the best, although that could be because i saw it at the cinema and that opening ten minutes was like nothing i'd ever seen before. It does tend to go downhill a bit after that.

I used to think the second film was the low point but really enjoyed that on Tuesday. Courtney with her red streaks Mmmm! The third film i've always enjoyed but i didn't think that stood up as well when you watch them consecutively.

Scream 4 was largely very good too, however i think this new one as a whole film with the storyline, superior acting and genuinely at times touching script made me think it was probably the best.

Really i guess only time will tell. That first film is 25 years old and still incredibly entertaining, will Scream (2022) have that longevity? Who knows?

I mean the 3rd has Parker Posey so that’s a plus point! I think it’s the ‘reveal’ that lets it down, it’s more convoluted than a late period giallo haha.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th May 2022, 03:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I mean the 3rd has Parker Posey so that’s a plus point! I think it’s the ‘reveal’ that lets it down, it’s more convoluted than a late period giallo haha.
I look forward to Scream 6 next year.

Gotta' admit i didn't think the latest would really stand up with a new directorial team but it really does.

The 'drinks for Wes' was quite a nice touch during the film.
Old 7th May 2022, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Friday the 13th the final chapter.

I used to think this was the better of the movies before Jason turned zombie , but this time just found it a little dull with some boring kills but it is worth watching just for this.

Insidious

After a family's young son falls into coma strange things beging too happen , it soon becomes apparent that some supernatural and evil is responsible, better than I remember with some good acting and scares even if in relies to much on loud noises and jump scares.

Insidious part 2.

Taking place straight after the first , the family's problem have not gone away with the wife believing that her husband is now possessed by the evil spirit with the old lady dead who can help them . Enjoyable and a little darker in tone .

Tried watching Robert (the doll) but had too switch off after ten minutes , some of the worst acting and direction I've seen.

So watching insidious part 3.

Followed by.

Old 7th May 2022, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Tried watching Robert (the doll) but had too switch off after ten minutes , some of the worst acting and direction I've seen.
Not a film you would recommend then i did contemplate on watching it until I saw who the director was and remembered he directed The Haunting At The Rectory and The Amityville Asylum and even they were enough for me, noticed the director is planning a Horror Express remake
trebor8273 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 7th May 2022, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Not a film you would recommend then i did contemplate on watching it until I saw who the director was and remembered he directed The Haunting At The Rectory and The Amityville Asylum and even they were enough for me, noticed the director is planning a Horror Express remake
No need too remake horror express especially by some one who appears to have zero talent how the hell he got the money to make another four!

Did he just walk around the streets picking people at random do work in the film.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 7th May 2022, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
No need too remake horror express especially by some one who appears to have zero talent how the hell he got the money to make another four!
It's a true classic movie that still entertains.

We got Paranormal Activity, Asylum gave us Paranormal Entity and then we got this from the director.

trebor8273 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 8th May 2022, 06:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Sunday. 1960.

A vengeful witch and her lover return from the grave and seeks revenge on the descendants who killed them.

Although Mario Bava had co-directed a lot and was initially uncredited this was his first main feature film and what a great start to career in giving us classic memorable films. Barbara Steele plays the witch who's grave is disturbed along with her servant Arturo Dominici who want revenge and to possess the bodies of the descendants.

Right from the start to finish this has a dark Gothic atmosphere, great cinematography, and great set designs you wouldn't expect nothing else from a Bava movie, Steele and Bava never had a great time making this film yet she is able to pull it off with her great acting skills. This was a film I never appreciated but over time and more watches it is a firm favourite.

MV5BNDgxNjI0MzM1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU2MDkwMzE@._V1_.jpg
Old 8th May 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Season of the Witch (1973)

I've really grown to love Season of the Witch and class it higher among Romero's output than most would.

For all it's witches in modern suburbia aspect it's as much a psychological study into sexually frustrated, alcoholic housewives as it is horror. In fact probably more so.

Seeing it on Arrow's Blu-ray for the first time last night was a beautiful experience. I didn't think it would look this good.
Old 8th May 2022, 08:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

You have got to be joking. Scream 2022 was absolute gobshite.

Like this? Share it using the links below!