Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2022, 07:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kill Or Be Killed (1976, Ivan Hall)

Yes, apparently that Kill And Kill Again was a sequel! So we get this instead.
A chap who bears a grudge certainly asks our well spoken arse kicker to join his gang as he is recreating an old challenge with hopes of salvaging his dignity this time. Towards this we get a load of occidentals looking like corn beef getting their comeuppance daily (training montage), some romance (the only woman in the area easily falls for our chap natch ...) and a dwarf manservant!! A Sud Afrikan one at that
Ahem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KOBK.jpg (94.5 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th May 2022, 05:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

MaskofFuManchu.jpg
THE MASK OF FU MANCHU (1932)

Karloff is superb as Dr Fu Manchu in this great movie. Fu Manchu looks excellent. The make up giving him pointed ears and long fingernails you could actually call him a monster. The warped face of Fu Manchu in the mirror is the shape of things to come as we get traps of walls with spikes and an alligator pit. Fu's daughter also gets all so sadistic pleasure from whipping the hero!
The uncut restored movie is on the 'Legends Of Horror' box set and if you can get hold of that great set do so, as I very much doubt that due to the content of The Mask Of Fu Manchu that you may not see this anywhere else again on disc and certainly not on TV!
Old 13th May 2022, 05:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

You know what time it is… work done for the week, time to kick back. Not sure which one though, perhaps Jason Lives.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th May 2022, 05:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
You know what time it is… work done for the week, time to kick back. Not sure which one though, perhaps Jason Lives.
It's The New Blood for me tonight followed by a start on Crystal Lake Nightmares.

It's not The New Blood by choice, it's just that's where i'm up to on the box set i bought last summer.
Old 13th May 2022, 05:58 PM
Cult Veteran

The New Blood is a maybe for me tonight, I do enjoy that one! I was going to watch a bit of Crystal Lake Memories too

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th May 2022, 06:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The New Blood is a maybe for me tonight, I do enjoy that one! I was going to watch a bit of Crystal Lake Memories too
Obviously i'd like to watch an Urban Legend film too but may leave that until Saturday.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th May 2022, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Delirium. 1979.

A group of vigilantes target those that have escaped the justice system, a member of their group Charlie starts killing anyone he comes into contact with.

I had to watch this twice as I fell asleep through it, one of those movies that made our video nasty list, not for the over the top gore, but more for the hatred of women as they seem to be the main targets for Charlie...well young ladies seem to send him in a spiral. The acting seems very amateurish and doesn't really deliver well, the ending was a bit of a disappoint as I thought we would see a good shootout.

MV5BMTQ2ODc0OTY5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE3MzY4MDE@._V1_.jpg
Old 13th May 2022, 07:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Spooky just started watching it, probably in the minority but much preferred the movies from here on when Jason is a zombie.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 13th May 2022, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After attempting to watch some Diabolik knock off, I thought "Why not go for gold here?" Hence revisiting ...

For Y'ur Height Only (1981, Eddie Nicart)

... mainly because it's just a joy to behold. See a tiny man run rings around various despots and the like. A hoot.
When Agent Double 0 gets sent in to sort out some scuzzy types ... it's a free for all. From the incredibly familiar main theme to the sheer chutzpah of it all, it always makes me smile.
Ahem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WW.jpg (86.0 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 13th May 2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 13th May 2022, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A amicus production in which Doug McClure plays Doug McClure, a group of British sailor's and some civilians are picked up by a German U-boat, they end up at the land that time forgot a place with dinosaurs and caveman amoust other dangers , can the two crews work together and escape.

Taking place a few months after the first , two groups are interested in the killer tots one wanting to exterminate them and the other study and protect the father from the first joins them trying to protect the murderous tots but that doesn't go well.

Taking place sometime after the last movie the surviving tots are sent too a island , of course a few years pass and group set out wanting to see how they are doing.
Think this was my favourite thanks largely to Michael Moriarty who is always enjoyable to watch and plays the father of one of creatures , also more gory than the other two.

The late Fred Ward plays Harry Phillip Lovecraft a private eye in a alternative LA which magic is real his latest case involves zombies, monsters , demons and a certain book called the necronomican the films is a lot and fun and great blend of two genres.

Both this and it's sequel witch-hunt deserve a blu ray release in this country.

Finished Jason lives so with what today is just starting the new blood ( was going to watch the green slime but it's is Friday the 13th so thought no it's new blood)

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th May 2022 at 09:01 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!