Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2022, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The 80s at OTT cheese filled best the story of group of pilots who are the best of the best and there lives but all anyone really remembers is the most homoerotic scene of the 80s, sweaty shirtless men whacking there balls about!

A new family moves into Nancy's old home soon the son starts having strange dreams of a man inside him and soon people begin dying, totally homoerotic really can't believe that it wasn't done on purpose by the director, men having butts whipped In the showers people crusing S & M sites , the main character seems more interested in his best friend and Freddy inside a teenage boy

Now watching.

Old 18th May 2022, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Murder Party was pretty good fun. Worth saving till October / Halloween, Mr.B.
Noted, thank you Dem
Old 18th May 2022, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Last Matinee. 2020.

On a rainy night, small group of patrons take shelter in a cinema, unbeknown to them they are joined by a serial killer.

A entry into the slasher genre from Uruguay, this is like a homage to the 80s, even though the film is set 1993, and the film playing in the background looks very much like a 80s film. The serial killer looks like "The Fisherman" from I Know What You Did Last Summer. and carrying a jar of pickled eyes. The killings are done decently with good effects and Cinematography, there isn't really much of a explanation as to the killer is or why he is killing or maybe I missed something.

Attachment 240152
Rather enjoyed this one, only thing that ruined it for me was the stylish Arthouse shots., Kinda found it jarring as I was hoping for a down and dirty 80's type Slasher.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Fear Dot Com. 2002.

A New York Detective teams up with a Health Inspector and try to find out why people are dying within 48 hours after logging on to a online site.

This one has seem to grown on me a lot, I will admit it's no masterpiece by William Malone and seems to copy or borrow some elements from The Ring except the female lead is not a journalist but a health inspector. Stephen Dorff and Natascha McElhorne plays the leads who are investigating a mysterious death that could be linked to a missing girl. Stephen Rea plays the mad man in this, his acting skills are good but could have been touched up a bit more to be a serial killer, it does help to pass time.

Attachment 240240
Was this the one where a woman turned up at an abandoned building think she was on a photoshoot and still went in?
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Was this the one where a woman turned up at an abandoned building think she was on a photoshoot and still went in?
Yeah she turns up, looks at the state of the building and still goes in
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

The 80s at OTT cheese filled best the story of group of pilots who are the best of the best and there lives but all anyone really remembers is the most homoerotic scene of the 80s, sweaty shirtless men whacking there balls about!

A new family moves into Nancy's old home soon the son starts having strange dreams of a man inside him and soon people begin dying, totally homoerotic really can't believe that it wasn't done on purpose by the director, men having butts whipped In the showers people crusing S & M sites , the main character seems more interested in his best friend and Freddy inside a teenage boy

Now watching.

Watched both films during lockdown, didn't enjoy Top Gun as much but looking forward to the sequel however.

Pleasently surprised by Freddy's Revenge but wish that Dream Warriors was the 2nd Film in the franchise and this one the 3rd.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Yeah she turns up, looks at the state of the building and still goes in
Thought so, saw this and Wrong Turn at the Cinema as they were released the same day.

FearDotCom was the Film I was looking forward too and was bitterly disappointed by it.

At the time, loved Wrong Turn
it'smebilly and MrBarlow like this.
Old 18th May 2022, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Peeping Tom. 1960.

A young man films films women as he kills them and focuses on their dying expressions.

The best way to understand how this film shocked the audience back in the day is to visualise yourself as a person from that era and being introduced to something new that has never been done before with a mix of sexual frustration, voyeurism to murder. This one I never really appreciated and managed to watch it all the way through and enjoyed it from start to finish.

Carl Bohm plays the lead Mark who has a fascination with death and recording the expression of fear and death, his portrayal is quite haunting as he shows no remorse to what he does and the film can be quite tense as we know he is the killer but takes his time to build up the moment of murder. This is one I will happily return to watch for the acting, direction and cinematography used in this film.

peeping1.jpg
Old 18th May 2022, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Things I haven't seen, but heard a few bits about it and been tempted to view it to see how bad it really is.
Personally I think it is just bonkers. He's still making stuff as well! A good thing.
Frankie Teardrop and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th May 2022, 01:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Murder On The Orient Express. 2017.

Hercule Poirot investigates a murder on a train that he is travelling on and discovers the culprit and the reason.

To some David Suchet may be the one and only Belgium sleuth Poirot, Kenneth Branagh's take on the Agatha Christie story that was done in the 70s with Albert Finney in the main role. There is a good star cast from Derek Jacobi, Johnny Depp, Judi Dench, Penelope Cruz and Michelle Pfieffer all do try their best to make it interesting but this had it's good and bad moments, it's not great but not terrible, re-watch will happen.

movieposter_en.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!