Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2022, 10:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I made a heinous mistake last night. I decided, against my better judgment, to try and watch Halloween Kills.
Holy f*****g s**t. "Terrible" does not even begin to cover it. 2018 was bad, but this is somehow even worse. Boring, stupid, with zero characters to speak of, and just constantly banging the nostalgia drum with nothing new to offer.
Oh look, little Tommy Doyle is back (for some reason). He was in Halloween 6 too. Oh look, the Nurse from the original film is back (for some reason). She was in II and H20 too. In shock of shocks, Michael kills her. Oh wait, he did that already in H20.
I tried, I really did. But there is nothing in these movies that the original series did not already do, and in most cases did better in those "terrible sequels" we're all supposed to be happy to throw away to get these new ones. Except most of those sequels were actually pretty good, and certainly infinitely better than these godawful messes. We even get a godawful CGI Donald Pleasance at the start of this one. Or you could, you know, just watch the real guy in the real Halloween II instead. Or IV. Or V. All of which are better than this piece of utter crap.
We sing from the same hymn sheet.

Halloween 2018 made such a great deal of being the one true sequel to Carpenter's film then ripped off every one of the films it pretended didn't exist for it's set pieces. It was like a shitty pop quiz placing each set piece to the relevant sequel.

Fair enough, dismiss the sequels but don't rip them off you talentless idiots without an original idea in your heads.

An absolute joke of a film. There's not a chance in hell i'll watch Halloween Kills. I'd prefer a Fifty Shades of Grey marathon (Not seen those by the way) to watching Halloween Kills.

And breathe!
Old 21st May 2022, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

HUG
Demdike@Cult Labs and iank like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st May 2022, 11:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

I think I'd just forgotten how bad 2018 was, and was like "It's Halloween, how bad can it be?"
Yikes.
Old 21st May 2022, 11:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I look forward to treating them (all 3 COUGH) as the curios they will become .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd May 2022, 03:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Revisited 2008's Rambo. This easily has to be one of the most violent films ever made (gives Lucio Fulci a run for his money). If I recall correctly, the UK's Odeon cinema chain actually refused to screen it due to excessive violence. There is a director's cut but since it apparently tones it down a bit, I haven't bothered to check it out. Whilst I certainly wouldn't rave about the film, it is very entertaining! btw My wife and I only own both this and the excellent first film from this franchise.
Old 22nd May 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Invasion Of The Bee Girls. 1973.

Men are turning up dead from heart attacks, the local authority believe women who are sexually charged are killing them during intercourse which may be linked to a experiment lab researching in African Bees.

You can certainly say that the men who died should have engraved on their tombstones...."he came and went at the same time" Low budget 70s B movie with it's problems, really bad cinematography especially in dark moments due to bad lightning, not the best direction to go with this film. Th stars must've known this would be a crap film as some don't even try their best, but the female stars spend half the time partially nude, aside from the negative points I still found this entertaining, not a guilty pleasure movie for me...just yet.

MV5BNTdlYzY5N2QtOGVmZS00OWI2LTg1MGMtMzZlYjMzNmM4OGVjL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ@@._V1_QL7.jpg
Old 22nd May 2022, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Excellent beautifully shot and directed and well acted , what is believed to be some sort of wolf is terrorising the French countryside knight and his friend a native American played by Mark Dacascos are sent to investigate .

Finished first episode of new season of Joe Bob which was night of the living dead and had a guest called Svengoolie who seemed a very interesting individual.

Now watching the second episode which is Antropophagus the show also celebrities Joe Bob's 40th anniversary.

After its finished thinking of watching this. Anyone seen it?

Old 22nd May 2022, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
After its finished thinking of watching this. Anyone seen it?

This one isn't too bad, decent found footage, clocked it on Shudder a while back kept me quiet and intrigued
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
This one isn't too bad, decent found footage, clocked it on Shudder a while back kept me quiet and intrigued
Don't know what it is but just can't get into found footage , maybe I should of actually watched the trailer.
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Don't know what it is but just can't get into found footage , maybe I should of actually watched the trailer.
Some are a hit or miss but this one is decent even Dem made a good comment about it a ages ago which made me check it out

Like this? Share it using the links below!