All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Some are a hit or miss but this one is decent even Dem made a good comment about it a ages ago which made me check it out
It must be good then
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Isolation. 2005.

On a remote farm, a group of people become stranded when the animals fall ill and a scientist admits to conducting research experiment that went wrong and created a hybrid offspring which escapes.

One that I have watched about 2-3 times and this does not have a many actors in it, only 5 from start to end and two small minor roles, the main setting is a country Irish farm in the middle of somewhere and a big creep factor to add to the mix with some tense moments.

The acting is done decently even Sean Harris manages to make himself look like a guy that's in the wrong place at the wrong time with his girlfriend. John Lynch plays the down on his luck and almost broke farmer and vet Essie Davis who helps deliver a calf. Marcel Lures plays the hard nosed scientist who wants to create in the increase in animal fertility.

This is one of those films that seems low budget and should'n work but this one does, the creature effects are well done and a good amount of blood and gore splatter so don't eat anything while watching this.

Isolation_FilmPoster.jpeg
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It must be good then
I trust people's recommendations on here than IMDB
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I thought Jeruzalem was very good whilst Isolation is excellent.
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Top Gun (1986)

An empty exercise in eighties excess.
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Friday the 13th Part 3. Jason kills people. Again. This isn't one of the better Friday movies, with a fairly colourless cast including a fairly bland final girl, but it's watchable enough and the last half hour is atmospheric and exciting. I found its oldschool simplicity and charm refreshing after the bloated indulgent mess that was Halloween Kills anyway.
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Ring

With a DVD cover where the list of stars is truthful and misleading (Quite a feat) sees (Mike) Norris abducted along with his fiancé by a millionaire and hunted by other people on an island. (Chad) McQueen is his friend who helps rescue him and (Don) Swayze is someone who survived a earlier hunt.

I believe that this got released before Hard Target and I've always enjoyed watching this one. It's simple and doesn't get fancy (And it doesn't need to be any other way) Definitely a Film to watch if you are into good B-Movie Action Films.

The only gripe I have is with the title, makes it seems a Fight Film but it's explained in the Film.

Green Mile

Set in the 1930's, Tom Hanks is the head of Death Row and befriends an inmate who has supernatural healing powers. When you see what the Film is about, yoU do think OK, seems a bit weird but it does work out rather well. It's powerful stuff especially with the Execution scenes. There are some great performances From Hanks, Michael Clarke Duncan, David Morse and Doug Hutchinson (A smarmy sadist) At 3 hours long, it does drag a bit but scenes can be forward on.

Whilst not a plot hole but a bit of a peeve of mine regarding this Film is they know what Percy is like but they let him run an Execution without keeping a close eye on him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dr.jpg (11.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg gm.jpg (13.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Violent City (1970)

This Italian made film has a great opening twenty minutes and an inspired last five minutes. Unfortunately despite boasting the acting talents of Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland and Telly Savalas there isn't much inbetween in the way of entertainment.

The script seems a little laboured with nothing much for anyone to do. Fifteen minutes at a race track is mind numbing. For me the standout is Jill Ireland, she's not a favourite of mine and i usually cringe when it comes to watching her American thrillers with Bronson - her hubby. She has a meaty role in this and reminds me of Barbara Bouchet in many scenes.

The films main plus point is its opening car chase in the Virgin Islands. Its as tense and well filmed as any from its time. Its great to watch cars causing chaos without any CGI.

I wish i'd remembered how uninteresting this was before shelling out eighteen quid on the 88 Films Blu-ray.

I'll give the considerably shorter American cut of the film titled The Family a go before getting rid as losing twenty minutes is probably a great help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CittĂ*_violenta.jpg (10.9 KB, 4 views)
Mojo, Justin101, Demoncrat and 5 others like this.
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Citadel. 2012.

Tommy who suffers agoraphobia, teams up with a priest to protect his baby from a group of nocturnal teens who attacked his family.

This was another YouTube find movie and it was a lot better than expected, James Cosmo plays the elder priest who has denounced his religion and faith and knows about the feral teens, what they want and will do to the kidnapped children. Aneurin Barnard plays the newly dad who has his problems and tries everything to protect his daughter.

This was a mix of drama of loosing someone then trying to move on and accomplishing your fears, the horror is watching someone you love being attacked and you can't do nothing and then being stalked. The acting was decent but the pace can be quick and slow at times but does have a good background score by TomandAndy, one or two scenes may be upsetting for some.

c12462308a206f63b2208e8e8d5df7df4fb8f3be.jpg
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Sadness

Ta dah!!

Just don't eat anything before or during it and you should be fine
Not the most original of plots, but when has that ever stopped me??
A couple finds their day somewhat ruined by events beyond their control. Suspend that disbelief!! All in 100 minutes. Refreshing for that alone.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!