You certainly did
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Snuff. 1975.

The exploits of a cult biker gang and real killings shown through a snuff movie.

We have a actress and her producer tagging along to make a movie and some jealousy from another woman shown stabbing a guy in the stomach. A thinner Charlie Manson wannabe cult leader and his deciples telling them it's ok to kill, a somewhat Mardi Gras parade and a mish mash dubbed film that is very much out of sync throughout the movie. I don't know if the dubbing made the acting terrible or the acting made the dubbing terrible, there was a nice gut wrenching going on towards the end. This goes to the category of "Now you have seen it, that's it".

Attachment 240767
It was original called slaughter, only had a ltd release didn’t do well so shelved it for few years and decided to rerelease it with a new ending and a new title, it was shot mainly without sound due to the actors understanding very little English.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The black phone has mixed reviews but mostly decent and positive, 100% on rotten tomatoes, a decently made film about school kids going missing, few people have complained it’s got some Stephen king reference but it’s bound to have it was written by his son. decent atmospheric and at times certain clips wonder where there going but it all fits in at the end, only downfall is there’s no background at all on the killer, even a little would have been nice.
Old 23rd June 2022, 02:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hellarious, tongue in cheek satire horror anthology, badly made, bad acting like a bunch of students decide to make a film in their spare time, ( except they're older lol ) bad effects but at same time highly fun and entertaining. You know exactly what to expect when first shorts about killer shopping trolleys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D31C7A78-139F-4D26-BEE9-96C3DB01B45D.jpg (92.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 23rd June 2022, 02:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Perhaps watching Society (1989) followed by a couple of episodes of season two of Baywatch (1992) wasn't the best thing.

The fact both Society and the classic lifeguard tv show both star Billy Warlock is not ideal as my over riding memory of the evening was of David Hasselhoff climbing into Warlock's arse and Erika Eleniak sucking his face off.

Confusion reigned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg society-movie-poster.jpg (51.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 23rd June 2022, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Toolbox Murders. 2004.

In a old Hollywood hotel that's been converted into flats, young school teacher Nell and her nurse boyfriend Steve move in and soon after renovations start deaths begin to occur.

The original is by no means a masterpiece but still entertaining, this was is directed by Tobe Hooper and this should have been entertaining. It seems to switch from supernatural demonic theme to serial killer dressed up and called Coffin Baby and a bit of a rip-off from The House By The Cemetery. The deaths are good and like the title says carpenter's tools are used, this is the second time seeing this and thought it be better from the first viewing, nope I was wrong, set in a building this really should have some dark atmosphere which it's missing, no moments of claustrophobia, and really no explanation how a teen managed to set up a spy cam on his neighbour.

MV5BMTMzNzIxMTE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcyODcyMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Kickboxer. 1991.

A kickboxer jailed for a accidental killing is released from jail, although banned for competing he is offered $100,000. in a winner take all fight against his enemy who testified against him in court.

Certainly not the best fighting movies but not the worst, decent fight at the start, car park brawl and someone gets killed cue the trial and and redemption then the big announcement to the new fight.

John Barrett plays the fighter sentenced to the big house while Keith Vitali plays the opponent who re-trains him to focus, half way through the film I had to remind myself I'm watching a kickboxing movie not a Rocky movie. It would have been better if the roles were switched about as Barrett's acting was a bit wooden at times.

81KXssE8A8L._SY606_.jpg
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
American Kickboxer. 1991.

A kickboxer jailed for a accidental killing is released from jail, although banned for competing he is offered $100,000. in a winner take all fight against his enemy who testified against him in court.

Certainly not the best fighting movies but not the worst, decent fight at the start, car park brawl and someone gets killed cue the trial and and redemption then the big announcement to the new fight.

John Barrett plays the fighter sentenced to the big house while Keith Vitali plays the opponent who re-trains him to focus, half way through the film I had to remind myself I'm watching a kickboxing movie not a Rocky movie. It would have been better if the roles were switched about as Barrett's acting was a bit wooden at times.

Attachment 240776
Blooming hell, I remember this one, saw it many times.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Rickshaw. 1989.

A college student finds himself framed for a murder of a man he just met and gets embroiled in a battle between good and evil.

This seemed to be a mix bag of Big Trouble In Little China and The Golden Child with some comedy mixed in, Donald Pleasance had such a great career why would he be in this along side Daniel Greene? I know Pleasance done a few Italian/American movies but he must've seen the script and thought it be a comedy. Sergio Martino surely had to be embarrassed and had his name changed to Martin Dolman to hide the fact he made this. One not to be taken seriously as a horror.

DlULsHs.jpeg
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Zone Troopers

During WWII, a U.S Unit come across a German Camp as well as an Alien Spaceship containing Aliens.

When I saw the Trailer originally, I thought that the makers wanted to portray that this was going to be a serious Film, It isn't. It does have a low budget but it's not a bad Film and whilst I did find it interesting, it's not going to be one that I'll be rushing to watch again but will be one I will be in time.

There was some funny scenes involving Mittens where he knocks out Hitler and having his Cigarettes taken after trading for them.

Creepozoids

During a Nuclear War (In 1998) a group of Deserters find a Shelter during a Acid Rain downpour but end up getting taken out by Genetically Enhanced creatures.

This is a quint-essential 80's Video Shop Film with a distinctive cover with an opening score which gave me Italian Film vibes. It's short but I was enthralled however the creature effects were not good (You could tell they were toys)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zt.jpg (14.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (14.4 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!