All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2022, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This had a terrible rep but i really enjoyed it.
Yeah it's not for everyone yet still enjoyable by me
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 19th July 2022, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jekyll And Hyde. 1990.

Dr. Henry Jekyll experiments with scientific means of revealing the dark side of man releases a murderer within himself.

I haven't seen this version since it was first broadcasted on television, for some reason I thought this was longer than 90 minutes. Michael Caine plays the doctor who experiments on himself while lusting after his Sister In Law Cheryl Ladd. Joss Ackland Plays her father and fellow doctor who Jekyll feels his work is outdated.

For a t.v. movie this was actually quite good for it's time with the acting, everyone seems to take their roles seriously and enjoy performing. The make up for Hyde seems a bit daft and non scary looking, but we do see the transformation sequence. Entertaining.

unnamed (3).jpg
Old 19th July 2022, 08:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Love Brides Of The Blood Mummy (1973, Ken Ruder)

What a title, but it's a shame that Blood Orgy Of The Love Mummy obviously already been taken as it's a better description
Ahem.
Euro Gothic caper. A man recounts his tale to an eager "fellow scientist", and what a tale tis.
Starts traditionally then ... takes ... an interesting path to its slightly wobbly ending. An oddity. I thought of Franco more than once.
Recommended.
Mondo Macabro?
Demoncrat likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

A huge step up from the hugely disappointing second film. Christopher Lloyd still over does it in the opening acts but thankfully settles down as the story settles itself into a fun wild west romp in the late nineteenth century.

It's a simpler movie altogether with many in jokes mainly from Clint Eastwood westerns and i'm not just talking about Marty's assumed name of Clint Eastwood, there are loads of others too which gives the film an added dimension (At least to me).

The special effects are a step up including the new time machine but even these pale in comparison to the Monument Valley backdrop to the adventure itself.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Mondo Macabro?
Yup, that "Carnal Carnival Of Terror" thing, got it as a surprise present recently. It's an odd beast. Bonny print as well ...
nicholasrope likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th July 2022, 05:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Iron Rose. 1973.

A young couple take a stroll through a cemetery only to get lost with paranoia settling in as the night goes on.

Another simple tale, boy and girl meet, they go for a walk through a simple cemetery, head into a crypt for a bit of hanky panky, as night falls they can't find the exit. Something different from Jean Rollin as nobody is getting beaten badly, no vampires or people getting raped, but does manage to give out his usual female nudity.

This may have a element of Blair Witch Project, people going round in circles and does seem to have a feel of supernatural to it with psychological horror, Francoise Pascal and Hugues Quester play the young couple who know how to play the blame game and have a sense of dread. At 75 minutes this is a slow paced film but has the Rollin nicely touched cinematography to it. Best watched with peace and quiet to appreciate it.

maxresdefault.jpg
Old 20th July 2022, 07:45 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Iron Rose. 1973.

A young couple take a stroll through a cemetery only to get lost with paranoia settling in as the night goes on.

Another simple tale, boy and girl meet, they go for a walk through a simple cemetery, head into a crypt for a bit of hanky panky, as night falls they can't find the exit. Something different from Jean Rollin as nobody is getting beaten badly, no vampires or people getting raped, but does manage to give out his usual female nudity.

This may have a element of Blair Witch Project, people going round in circles and does seem to have a feel of supernatural to it with psychological horror, Francoise Pascal and Hugues Quester play the young couple who know how to play the blame game and have a sense of dread. At 75 minutes this is a slow paced film but has the Rollin nicely touched cinematography to it. Best watched with peace and quiet to appreciate it.

Attachment 241217
I love this film.
Old 20th July 2022, 07:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Who doesn't??
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th July 2022, 09:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Gamer. 2009.

Death row convicts have nano cells placed in their bodies that they are controlled by Gamers, if they win battles they are set free.

Futuristic set with a dystopian settings for the games to be played, Gerard Butler plays Kable controlled by Simon played by Logan Lerman who is the popular player that everyone wants a slice of his player. From the start this is action packed with shooting and explosions and seems very fast paced up to the last 15 minutes then it goes a bit slow but good background music throughout.

Attachment 241194
Liked the concept but didn't like how the Action scenes were shot
Old 20th July 2022, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls. 1987.

A chemical plant director and his secretary get involved in corruption and blackmailing, when a barrel of toxic waste is dumped by a cemetery and three dead girls arise and go on a killing spree.

This is a strange film that combines, crime, murder, horror, sleaze and zombies together, a bit of tainted milk causes three girls to die, the big chief rather have the toxic waste dumped at the cemetery where the recent deceased girls...yeah really good plan, and the secretary tries to flirt her way through life.

The acting is at it's best as it could be, the make up is never going to be taken seriously by anyone, and it does have a couple of good kill scenes. If you want a good film to help pass time and see karma do it's work then check this one out, i'd happily watch this again.

Revenge_of_the_Living_Dead_Girls.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!