All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179476Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2022, 03:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Demons 2 (1986)

Although generally not as good as Demons - the first half hour is simply a disparate group of people in separate apartments watching the first film on tv - it does have it's merits.

For a start Simon Boswell is a vast improvement on Claudio Simonetti when it comes to scoring films and music placement in the movie. Music is heard during parties or over the speakers in a gym rather than blaring away across action scenes, it plays out so much better.

Sergio Stivaletti's demon special effects are bang up to scratch and although the film lacks the wall to wall gore of the first film it does add almost Cronenbergian influences thanks to the apartment block setting as well as some fantastic set pieces, however it's almost ruined by some woeful acting and even worse dialogue, but all in all Demons 2 isn't too bad...although it's not too good either.
Old 25th July 2022, 05:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Raw Force (1982)

A second watch of this crazy film in which a Burbank Kung Fu club hire a boat to a mysterious island - Warriors Island - home to a burial ground of disgraced martial arts masters.

Ignore the plot, it's easy, and just tuck into this delirious buffet of sleaze, strange monks, Kung Fu zombies, white slave traders headed by a Hitler-a-like, cannibals, ass kicking action, bloody violence and gratuitous nudity.

Cameron Mitchell plays the boat's captain and is perhaps the only sane one in the whole film. The rest of the cast are too busy fighting to notice.

A true 80's exploitation gem.

Grab a copy now whilst it's reduced in the 101 Films sale.
Old 25th July 2022, 07:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

VICTIMS!

By feck they don't make 'em like this anymore!

The 'dress like a tart you deserve all you get' attitude,and as is rather common with exploitation of this ilk,the revenge doled out to the perpetrators is far less severe than what the victims recieve.

But then again,maybe that's why the film is titled so.....

https://cultsploitation.com/victims-...video-blu-ray/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61FPelRbtLL.jpg (74.0 KB, 3 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th July 2022, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

POSITIVE ID

A so called rape and revenge movie,this is pretty tedious stuff with one spurt of violence at the finale.Not worth the journey.

This has all the makings of a TV movie with a couple of expletives and a little violence thrown in.
Must also have the most gullible husband in all of cinema history.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 738329251956.jpg (94.7 KB, 2 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th July 2022, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

#Alive. 2020.

When a unknown virus breaks out in Seoul, a lone man in isolation tries to survive in his flat, until he realises he in't the only one trying to survive.

This is one of these films that after 5 minutes starting all hell breaks out, government warning signals broadcasted, one man watching everyone go beserk in the street below him. Basically filmed after the Covid pandemic, this is like a movie maker's imagination on the mutation of the strain turning everyone into zombies, not the greatest zombie film but certainly entertaining.

59318.jpg
Old 26th July 2022, 06:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blood Stalkers (1976, Robert W Morgan)

Two couples visit a familal hideaway in rural US. Sound familiar?
From the get go, they are given short shrift everywhere they turn, but soldier on to make the best of things when they eventually find the bloody place
The rather faded print leaves some of the night time scenes more akin to a guessing game, but I soldiered on trying to see where this grim wee flick was going. Would make a great double bill with The Money Pit

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th July 2022, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of the best universal monsters movies and a superior sequel with a wonderful black comedy tone .

Easily my favourite of the universal monsters movies thanks too the unhinged and wickedly dark comedy elements and let's not forget the pubs landlady.

A whimsical love story set in LA about a whacky weatherman and a magical freeway signpost. Maybe not Martin's best but still enjoyable and it was around this point the quality of his films declained.

A totally whacky film starring Steve Martin , Martin Short and Chevy Chase as a trio of out of work actors who mistakenly think that a telegram they receive from Mexico is a job offer little do they know that the village wants them to rid the village of a actually bandit gang that is terrorising them. Always liked this even if it's very silly the basic premise was done later in the brilliant galaxy quest.

Now watching

Old 26th July 2022, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Devil's Wedding Night (1973)

Luigi Batzella's The Devil's Wedding Night is everything you'd want from an Italian Gothic horror. All the usual traits are present - a castle, swirling curtains, dimly lit creepy corridors, beautiful women, gaudy blood splashes, masses of nudity and Occult rituals, not to mention crypts full of coffins and vampire staking's, making the film a real treat for lovers of Gothic cinema.

Certainly, one or two of the early scenes are a little slow moving but once we get past the half hour mark the viewer is hypnotically drugged and dragged into Batzella's world of hallucinogenic erotic dreams and ritualistic sacrifices.

Rosalba Neri is as always excellent, so much so that Mark Damon has to play two roles to even get close to her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg artwork.jpg (87.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 27th July 2022, 01:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rewatched Commando and The Warriors.

A single father struggles to reconnect with his daughter after outside forces cause them to part.
And
A young group of men try to make it back home after a wild night out.

Ta Dah!!

Strawberry Mansion (2021, Albert Birney/ Kentucker Audley)

When a "dream auditor" visits a sweet old lady, nothing is quite as it seems cough cough.
Half the time I was loving this, the other half checking off the "quirky" boxes that it ticks.
I decided to decide that it was charming, aside from the clunky end sequence ahem. Back to the sleaze!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th July 2022, 02:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Toy Soldiers 1991.

A small group of troublemaking teens at a private school make a stand when terrorists take over.

Early 90s B movie with some known actors playing the teens with Denholm Elliott and Louis Gossett Jr as the heads of the school who seem to be at a loose end with the troublemakers until they get bigger problems. First time seeing this all the way through and actually enjoyed it, atleast now I know mouth wash bottles can be used for something else.

MV5BNTQxYzY0OWQtNDFhYS00Yzg2LWE0NDgtOTE0NDQyYTZmYzFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!