Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2022, 10:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Don't Worry Darling

Florence Pugh is the doting Housewife to Harry Styles in a seemingly too perfect utopia run by Chris Pine, she eventually becomes suspicious and investigates. Do not know what to make of this one, it wasn't bad but it's not one, I'm likely to watch again.

One review I saw said that it was missing something, I agree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dwd.jpg (7.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 14th October 2022, 08:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Clerks 3 (2022, Kevin Smith)

Smith is seen smoking in this one btw. Meet the gang one last time as real life intersects with art ahem. Some things change, some things stay the same. 100 minutes!! Some laughs as we go all meta.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th October 2022, 07:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Halloween Ends.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

Old 25th October 2022, 03:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

fid20480.jpg
BLACK ADAM

DC enter the movies again in this enjoyable romp.
Great to see some of the Justice Society America appear in this, I got a big kick out of seeing characters from one of my favourite comic books up there on the big screen. Black Adam is not the villian he was ages ago in the comics and the movie reflects that.
So, enjoyed the movie. Quite serious with some humour and one liners in there as well.
Old 25th October 2022, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Day For The Cut (2017, Chris Baugh)

Irish caper. A farmer finds out that his "mammy" wasn't the saint he always assumed she was. Not your usual thriller as the protagonist is about as everyman as it gets. This was half decent, half infuriating tbh. I haven't shouted at the screen in long enough haha.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th October 2022, 08:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Orphan. A couple adopt a young girl from an orphanage, but she's no ordinary little girl and soon the family is falling apart and the bodies are piling up. I've heard of this 2009 horror thriller though not seen it before (unfortunately I was also already aware of the twist) but it was still a pretty solid and effective chiller, with a great performance from the girl.
Old 26th October 2022, 01:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Clerks 3 (2022, Kevin Smith)

Smith is seen smoking in this one btw. Meet the gang one last time as real life intersects with art ahem. Some things change, some things stay the same. 100 minutes!! Some laughs as we go all meta.
It's a good movie (much better than Reboot) but by the end, I actually found the film quite depressing. It is not an uplifting experience. Will still pick up a 1080p copy for the collection. btw Watching it honestly made me worry that I would also have a heart attack.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Sport

Set in the year 3000, David Carradine is captured by a Tyrant Ruler and his forced to compete in a fight to the death competition. Made in 1978, the F/X does not hold up in 2022 but it adds to the charm, it's short but sweet, I did enjoy this.

A Boy And His Dog

Set in a Apocalyptic Wasteland after World War IV, Don Johnson wanders about with his Dog in which he has a telepathic relationship with. Together they wander about searching for Food and Women.

It's a strange concept but again it's enjoyable, the ending was clever and somewhat funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d.jpg (15.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg abahd.jpg (9.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 31st October 2022, 10:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Fugitive

Harrison Ford is Richard Kimble who escapes from a Prison Bus after being wrongly convicted for Murder. Whist trying to prove his innocence, he is tracked by a team of U.S. Marshals, lead by an excellent Tommy Lee Jones. It was excellent back in 93 and it's still tense and excellent nearly 30 years later. Just a well crafted. faced paced Thriller.

Top Gun: Maverick

My favorite Film of the year is finally out on Blu-Ray. Still as enjoyable at The Cinema, even though, I would have liked more extras. This one will have many more viewings, it is so watchable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tf.jpg (13.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tpm.jpg (8.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 1st November 2022, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not seen this since I was a kid, quite tame compared to what I remember but you bet someone will be offended by it now.

Bill Murray plays a summer camp counselor who loves to play practical jokes as well as like the other counselors trying too get laid.

He takes a shy boy under is wing and together the camp try to get the better of a rival camp for rich snobs.

While it's dated it's still funny and enjoyable.

Now watching

Like this? Share it using the links below!