Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2022, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You'd recommend them to others?
Oh yeah, no, I was too excited Maybe the first one...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th November 2022, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Damage. 2009.

John Brickner is recently paroled from prison, his victim's wife makes a appeal to right a wrong and help pay for her daughter's heart transplant, John ventures into the underground fighting circuit.

The plot is nothing new and has been done before and at times I kept thinking of A.W.O.L. but here Steve Austin plays the fighter who goes to his parole officer each week with new cuts yet the guy seems to not look up. As much as this is basically one guy getting his bell rung and able to dish out his best, this does have a good fair bit of drama mixed in. I went into this on a blind watch and certainly enjoyed it. One to take a look at.

p8046882_p_v8_ai.jpg
Old 13th November 2022, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Flood. 1976.

After 30 days of heavy rain a dam that towers over a town is ready to burst but the town Mayor is refusing to believe that there may be danger ahead.

Another Irwin Allen disaster movie but this was made for tv only, the build up at the start was good, one dam engineer trying to prove that there is possibility of a danger and a mayor you seriously want to knock ten bells into. Allen went from 20th Century Fox to Warner Bros so this should have been better but was never given a big budget, even when the flood hits its not really spectacular except the actors do try their best with this. It's not great but not terrible either.

download (2).jpeg
Old 14th November 2022, 01:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Chain Reaction. 1980.

At a nuclear storage facility, a man is exposed to a lethal amount of radiation. He escapes the facility with the intent to warn people that their water supply is contaminated. The storage owner orders a cover up while hunting the contaminated man who is staying with a couple on holiday.

This is a sort of Ozploitation movie combined with disaster flick, one thing with Australians is they love their car chases and this film does have two good chases with great camera work and probably a crew had fun doing it. The acting isn't that bad in this and can be quite tense at times. For a blind watch for me this was actually decent but dont expect a big budget film.

The_Chain_Reaction_1980_poster.jpg
Old 14th November 2022, 03:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Marine. 2009.

An American on a holiday island with his wife is taken.over by rebels, he escapes and and tries to rescue the hostages.

Even though John Cena is a good wrestler and starred in the first film which didn't really do much for me, Ted Dibiase jr stars in this one, this is a bit better but not by much. Michael Rooker stars alongside our WWE superstar but isn't in this for a great deal which is is disappointing, Temuera Morrison plays the bad guy in this and his acting talents seems wasted but does have some good action sequences.

images (1).jpg
Old 14th November 2022, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A young man ( Kevin Bacon ) moves too a small town with his mother , he has a run in with the town's reverend who after the death of his son , puts a ban on dancing and muisc, Mr Bacon plans to change that a great soundtrack , but a lot of the dancers look like they are having some sort of fit.

Was it just me or did anyone one else find the Reverends daughter a bit of annoying bitch apart from her I enjoyed it, the highlights were Bacon's best friend and John Lithgow performance .

A sports comedy about the sport "bowling" by the Farrelly brothers , so you know the type of humour too expect . Woody Harrelson plays a bowling player who was set for the big time but lost his hand, 17 years later he spots a bowling prodigy just one problem he's Amish. The two set out too win a championship and a million dollars and get into many misadventures on the way. Watch out for Bill Murray as a rival player who cost woody his hand.

Funny with some gross out comedy , think we all will never forget Woody having too pay his rent

Now watching

Followed by.

Old 15th November 2022, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man Chest. 2006.

Jack Sparrow tries to find the heart of Davy Jones before he becomes enslaved by him over a debt while others look for the heart for their own agenda.

Although I liked the first film, this one stands out a bit more with the wit of Jack Sparrow and some bits improvised by Johnny Depp makes it more comical, the effects of the crew on The Flying Dutchman is amazing even with Bill Nighy's Davy Jones is awesome. The original crew from The Black Pearl return to the seas to rescue Jack from a tribe that has it's moments of laughter. Where else would you see two people on a water wheel having a sword fight while a third is running around inside it like a hamster?

p159655_p_v8_ab.jpg
Old 15th November 2022, 08:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Has anyone seen Bullet Train?

Is it good?

Is it worth picking up in a two for £20 Blu-ray offer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91qilPYiLmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (100.8 KB, 5 views)
trebor8273 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 15th November 2022, 09:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:

Is it good?

It's a good entertaining action movie, maybe too long, could to with less 20 minutes. In terms of being worth, I'm sure you could get something worst.
Old 15th November 2022, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:

Is it good?

The trailer annoyed the hell out of me but I do kinda want to see it still I think it's by the director of Deadpool??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!