Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I have this on my watch list, seems interesting, but your review has made me wanting to push it high up to watch sooner
Like 'Goodnight Mommy' it's not perfect but it's certainly very absorbing, and there's just a darker tone than you'd get with a more sanitised, 'Hollywood' take on the same kind of stuff, even these days. Bit overlong maybe, but definitely worth checking. You're probably already aware that a good looking rip exists on YT. I know it's a newish release, but in the absence of any other obvious means of viewing beyond an expensive import... I really do think that whoever's responsible the the distribution of this film hasn't done it any favours.
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Like 'Goodnight Mommy' it's not perfect but it's certainly very absorbing, and there's just a darker tone than you'd get with a more sanitised, 'Hollywood' take on the same kind of stuff, even these days. Bit overlong maybe, but definitely worth checking. You're probably already aware that a good looking rip exists on YT. I know it's a newish release, but in the absence of any other obvious means of viewing beyond an expensive import... I really do think that whoever's responsible the the distribution of this film hasn't done it any favours.
Thanks for the heads up I downloaded it from a streaming site along with a Keira Knightly film Silent Night.
Old 3rd December 2022, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Isn't The Lodge that Hammer co-production that did decent business for one week in America then Covid struck and the rest is history?
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Thanks for the heads up I downloaded it from a streaming site along with a Keira Knightly film Silent Night.
Ooooh I'm watching a film called Silent Night later, I wonder if it's the same one
nicholasrope likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Isn't The Lodge that Hammer co-production that did decent business for one week in America then Covid struck and the rest is history?
Yep.
nicholasrope likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ooooh I'm watching a film called Silent Night later, I wonder if it's the same one
Hopefully the Malcolm McDowell one...
Old 3rd December 2022, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Hopefully the Malcolm McDowell one...
Raven scores!! That poster just drew me in ....

[B]
Old 3rd December 2022, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

From the best Spiderman movie to the worst , it's just a little too silly at times and we probably had one too many villains for one movie, maybe would of been better too leave Venom too next movie. Watched the directors cut which is a little shorter, so long since I've seen the film don't know if this version makes any difference, probably not as it still has Peter strutting around like a demented emo. Venom was just terrible especially when you compare him to Tom Hardy's version

All 3 of the movies have cameos by Bruce Campbell, first a wrestling announcer, second a theatre usher and lastly a restaurant matradee.

Next up which will be the first Christmas themed movie and one I've not seen before.

Last edited by trebor8273; 3rd December 2022 at 09:33 PM.
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Night (2012)

I enjoyed this one. Yet again the past impinges on the present in this festive little bundle. McDowell perseveres with dat murican accent he's so lovingly crafted all dese years whilst the claret in decent amounts.
Yes, it clunks a fair bit but tis the season .... Festive Demon !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SN.jpg (101.9 KB, 3 views)

[B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 4th December 2022 at 08:55 AM.
Old 3rd December 2022, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Raven scores!! That poster just drew me in ....
It's quite a nasty little ditty in places. Needless to say i like it and watch it every (other) year.

Like this? Share it using the links below!