Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is this on Blu at last or streamed?
It was streamed online and pretty decent quality
Old 18th March 2023, 07:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

ff0ce366-0607-4785-ae54-acf86fcbe59c.jpg

When a rediculous plan to drop some cocaine from a plane over a national park not surprisingly goes awry the drug mule dies and the drugs are scattered all over the place. Now the park ranger a couple of kids skipping school the cops and the drug dealers are all wondering the park but it's not each other they need to worry about after a big black bear stumbles across the cocaine and helps herself. Now she craves another line and she won't stop at anything to keep her high.

Cocaine Bear is a good bit of fun some of the humour falls a little flat but it was still a good time. Surprisingly the acting is pretty good which I didn't expect from a film about a bear off her face on drugs . Anyway I was really happy with the CGI of the bear it really works well and looks real enough that your not distracted when the bear is on screen. The first half of the film there isn't much bear action other than eating the cocaine but once he gets going there is some great kills. Hands down my favourite was the ambulance scene

Well worth your time.
Old 18th March 2023, 07:24 PM
Cult Master

movieposter_en.jpg

On a remote island there is a famous and very very exclusive restaurant that is by no means cheap. The diners come for not just the food but the whole experience. Things start off pretty run of the mill but soon the guests start to become impatient not with the quality of the food but the way in which it is served. What's starts out as fancy arty presentation soon turns into a lecture of morality greed and a lack of understanding of how regular people live the sort of people that couldn't afford to come to such a place. As the evening goes on people's darkest secrets begin to be exposed.

Right off the bat I loved every minute of The Menu Ralph Fiennes is brilliant showing such a range of emotions behind his sinister demeanor he is broken lost and vulnerable. The whole thing has a uneasy feel to it not knowing what's going to happen next. What made me love this even more is the fact that when I go to restaurants they are always full of the type of assholes that are in this film people talking complete b*LL*X about their dinner and drinks.

I'll keep it brief as hopefully it will surprise people as much as it surprised me I was expecting something totally different .

Recommended 100%
Old 18th March 2023, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Christmas Bloody Christmas (2022, Joe Begos)

It's the film you'll expect if you know the mans work, if not ...

Two co workers end up celebrating the season when plans fall apart. There's a little sexual tension, so romcom in the snow, aye? No
All told in that there neon drenched way that he likes. Lawdy.
Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th March 2023, 07:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Right off the bat I loved every minute of The Menu Ralph Fiennes is brilliant showing such a range of emotions behind his sinister demeanor he is broken lost and vulnerable. The whole thing has a uneasy feel to it not knowing what's going to happen next. What made me love this even more is the fact that when I go to restaurants they are always full of the type of assholes that are in this film people talking complete b*LL*X about their dinner and drinks.

I'll keep it brief as hopefully it will surprise people as much as it surprised me I was expecting something totally different .

Recommended 100%
I also thought The Menu was brilliant, an unexpected gem, a film I look forward to re-watching, and wholeheartedly second your recommendation.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 19th March 2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old 18th March 2023, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rise Of The Footsoldier: Origins. 2021.

We have had the story of Carlton Leach, Pat Tate and now we got the story of Tony Tucker. Fresh out the army after being in the Falklands, Tony enters the door security jobs, then meeting Craig Rolfe who both end up meeting Pat Tate and entering the drug and violence scene.

The makers kept up the continuity of keeping Terry Stone, Craig Fairbrass and Roland Manookian in the same roles from the previous films. Surprisingly Vinnie Jones plays the straightheaded no nonsense doorman and knows how to pack a punch. The acting is solid and decent and as you can tell from start to finish the C word is thrown about quite a lot. I had no high expectations for this but I enjoyed it and do expect to see a bit of violence and torture. Remember kiddies stay away from the drug scene.

ROTFS_ORIGINS_-_Poster-600x847-1.jpg
(Extra scene during end credits)
Old 19th March 2023, 12:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

SPOONFUL OF SUGAR – Weird childminder looks after a kid who seems a bit disturbed himself – why wouldn’t he be, with such awful parents – but makes the mistake of combining her job with a lot of flagrant LSD use. Her therapist is an ardent advocate of ‘microdosing’; I don’t know where they get the ‘micro’ from, I think a bit of ‘macro’ went on with this film. ‘Spoonful Of Sugar’ is a mess. It’s like they ransacked one of those nineties ‘Hand That Rocks The Cradle’ rip-offs, got rid of any bits that looked like they might belong in a sensible thriller, then filled the holes with random oddity and exploitative pot-shots, from crawling severed fingers to context-free self-harm. Everything seems tacked on, thrown together and aimless – I’ve seen more hallucinogenic veracity on Coronation Street (not even referring to the recent outbreak of trippyness, just the show as a whole). This stew of horror nonsense at least never bores, and works as a schlocky watch (which I find heartening in this day and age, when everything’s so manicured); if it’d pushed things even further and been a bit nastier, it might’ve ended up a modern day trashterpiece. It may or may not help the medicine go down, but if you fancy a spoonful of Shudder you could do a lot worse.

INITIATION (SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 4) – I used to be lukewarm about Brian Yuzna but these days I’m slightly hotter. Not Mediterranean, maybe uh Morcecambe in summer, hot enough for me, anyway; don’t know what did it, maybe the wackery of ‘Faust’. ‘Initiation’ is Yuzna on solid form. A journalist hits back at sexist boss Reggie Bannister by investigating the occult – it all has to do with cockroaches, a couple of slimy Screaming Mad George fx, and creepy Clint Howard stalking around with his weird wizened-baby looks. There’s a crazy amount of pareidolia in this film, faces just pop out of nowhere all the time (don’t worry, I haven’t done much ‘microdosing’ myself since the late nineties.) What’s it all about, Yuzna? You can’t really ask that of nineties schlock, certainly not of schlock directed by Brian Yuzna, who always seems to have a thing about weird for weird’s sake. Anyone expecting anything to do with the original series should note that ‘Initiation’s relationship with the SNDN franchise appears only contractual, cemented by conspicuous christmas tree placement and, hilariously, the scene where two of them are shagging and creepy Clint walks in, switches on the TV and starts watching SNDN Part 3! I loved that. ‘So charming, the quaint nineties’, someone probably said on Tik-Tok. Yeah, good though. Cockroaches, squirmy fingers, faces, faaacccceeessss…
Old 19th March 2023, 01:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Morcecambe in summer
-
Old 19th March 2023, 06:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

To Have and Have Not (1944)

A Martinique charter boat skipper gets mixed up with the underground French resistance operatives during WWII.

The film in which Humphrey Bogart met the nineteen year old Lauren Bacall and one of Hollywood's greatest romances began.

I'll be honest. To Have and Have Not isn't a patch on the film it seemingly tries to emulate - Casablanca (1942) - even though so much of this is similar. Despite this it remains a hugely enjoyable and very witty war time melodrama.

Where To Have and Have Not wins is it's casting of Bacall. Watching her performance there's no way in hell you'd guess she was a mere nineteen years of age. Her screen execution is so mature, her femme fatale wiles better actresses double her age and experience and you can see her relationship with Bogart blossom as the film plays out. It's screen chemistry that can't be acted and some of Bacalls smokily seductive lines in the direction of Bogart are complete come on's, barely even double entendres.

"You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow."

"I'm hard to get, Steve. All you have to do is ask me."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cYupyM9VAXUEhsIIVY4xmTL6ajP (Medium).jpg (65.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 19th March 2023, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Asphyx. 1972.

A Victorian gentleman tries to achieve immortality by caputring the spirit of death called "Asphyx" that leaves the body of a person on the brink of death.

Early 70s British horror that I have appreciated over the years, Robert Stephens plays Sir Hugo who believes with he can capture the person's point of death and spirit leaving the body and develops a way to trap it and cheat death. Robert Powell plays his adopted son and assistant who believes the experiment to fail and soon becomes involved in the experiment.

From the start the film opens in a modern day England then goes back to 1870s and let's the story unfold and how the film opened in the present. The set designs in this are brilliantly crafted as the set pieces with the use of old costumes and the gothic style manor house. The effects are done brilliantly with the capturing of the spirit and screams can be a tad loud.

81h5ruJe1pL._RI_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!