Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2010, 01:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Saw Exam last night.

Was a pretty good Brit Thriller.

Its about 8 people who attend a exam for a new job. And there is one question and one answer and they get 80 mins to figure it out.

Was very entertaining but it did rip other movies off in the whole strangers brought together in one room and have to solve something. I like the last 2 brit movies I watched, this and Heartless.

8/10 Recommended.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th June 2010, 02:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the Italian cut of Martin last night. It's a very interesting alternative to the American version, without the radio talk-show bits and with the opening few scenes reordered so that the murder on the train takes place once Martin has arrived in Pittsburgh and get the train with his cousin to Braddock, not on the way from Indianapolis to Pittsburgh. I hope to have my review up later today, so keep an eye out!
Old 7th June 2010, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched 2 non horror films yesterday....

Up In The Air: this george Clooney starring film was a nice flick, not offensive, not vulger, not melodramatic, not overlong and had some great performances from Clooney and Vera Farmiga. and a great role for Anna Kendricks. I recommend this film as it's a good film to watch on a rainy night. 8/10

Ponyo: what can i say about ponyo, it's marvellous, such a sweet film and shows that not all Anime has to have robots in it, Ponyo goes to show that Hayao Miyazaki is the japanese walt disney and in my opinion better, everything Studio Ghibli puts out has more heart and effort put into it than anything disney has done since the Lion King....9/10
Old 7th June 2010, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I love Ponyo and think it's a great movie. I reviewed the Blu-ray Disc last week so, if you want to read a bit more than that one sentence, just follow the link in my signature and look on the sidebar.
Old 7th June 2010, 04:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I love Ponyo and think it's a great movie. I reviewed the Blu-ray Disc last week so, if you want to read a bit more than that one sentence, just follow the link in my signature and look on the sidebar.
just read your review which was brilliant, and i agree with everything you said. It's a shame that The Ghibli films are not as well promoted as disney/dreamworks films and its great to see 2D cell animation still being created by a genuinly brilliant company. On the catalogue of Ghibli films, i find Spirited Away a very good film but prefer the earlier stuff like Laputa, Totoro and Porco Rosso, i also have a soft spot for Kiki's Delivery service and The Cat Returns...
Old 7th June 2010, 04:45 PM
Active Cultist

Forbidden World.

Loved this film, quality 80's alien rip off with sexy space chicks, an action hero, a crazy professor and a cool robot. Not to mention the silly alien. Very entertaining..
Old 7th June 2010, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Recently I've watched:

Secret (South Korean)
No Mercy (South Korean)
Rough Cut (South Korean)
Fire of Conscience (Hong Kong)
And... Best of the Best! Yeah!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 8th June 2010, 11:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw the Uninvited at the weekend. It was ok and had a twist I didn't see comming.

Also watched non horror Trains, Planes and Automobiles. What a great film, still makes me laugh and I have seen it so many times

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 8th June 2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: There seems little reason in these posts being separate and they were only posted a few minutes apart. They were perfectly well as one single post.
Old 8th June 2010, 06:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
And... Best of the Best! Yeah!
I watched all 4 Best Of The Best movies recently.Quality entertainment..well the first 2 anway.BOTB2 is a bona fide classic as far as I'm concerned

Watched 2 dvds from Boulevard's B-Movie Collection last night,The Stuff and Hell Comes To Frogtown.Next on the list is Return to Horror High.
Old 8th June 2010, 06:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Re-watched Shameless' Baba Yaga last night - not my favourite release of their's but great quality all the same.

Like this? Share it using the links below!