Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Favourite Childhood TV and Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/2701-favourite-childhood-tv-films.html)

antmumford 8th April 2010 09:42 PM

Favourite Childhood TV and Films

I noticed a lot of people got into talking about their favourite shows as kids on other threads. So I thought why not create a new thread solely for this purpose.

Does anyone remember Bravestarr? I used to love this cartoon as a kid. It really was essential viewing for me.

What are your favourite childhood TV shows or films and why?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 10:22 PM

Well TV......

STIG OF THE DUMP
RED HAND GANG
CAPTAIN PUGWASH
ADRIAN MOLE
GRANGE HILL
HONG KONG PHOOEY
TISWAS

Films.....
KELLYS HEROES
THE GREEN BERETS
STAR WARS

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 10:34 PM

Oooh kiddy programmes! Oooh yeah!

Of the top of my head I remember watching programmes like Hey Arnold, Doug, Real Monsters, Grizzly Tales For Gruesome Kids, Kennan And Kel :pound: erm...oh The Rugrats

and MR. BLOOBY!!!!!! I luv Mr. Blooby. Anyone remember Noel's House Party with Mr. Blooby? I used to watch the Blooby VHS almost every single blooby day! I can even remember some of the sketches on it. And of course the Mr. Blooby song.

Blooby blooby blooby!

antmumford 8th April 2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 72744)
Oooh kiddy programmes! Oooh yeah!

Of the top of my head I remember watching programmes like Hey Arnold, Doug, Real Monsters, Grizzly Tales For Gruesome Kids, Kennan And Kel :pound: erm...oh The Rugrats

and MR. BLOOBY!!!!!! I luv Mr. Blooby. Anyone remember Noel's House Party with Mr. Blooby? I used to watch the Blooby VHS almost every single blooby day! I can even remember some of the sketches on it. And of course the Mr. Blooby song.

Blooby blooby blooby!

I think you mean Mr Blobby :lol:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 72746)
I think you mean Mr Blobby :lol:

Oh.

Whoops.

I'm an idiot. What can I say, I'm tired, I probably spelt it like that as a kid, I'm rubbish, I'm [enter excuse here]. :laugh:

I say bring back the Blobby!

Btw - Is it wrong to still watch Spongebob? :pound:

kingofwitches666 8th April 2010 11:06 PM

Ooooh so many, in no particular order:-

Battle of the Planets
Space 1999
Doctor Who (Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker era)
Blake's 7 (best Sci-Fi show, period) :thumb:
Planet of the Apes TV series
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno ruled!) :coolblue:
Children of the Stones
Chocky
Joe 90
Tales of the Unexpected
Hammer House of Horror (awesome!):rockon:

Movies:-

Star Wars: ANH, ESB, RotJ
Sinbad & the Eye of the Tiger
Clash of the Titans (not the cack remake) :frusty:
Battle Beyond the Stars
Alien (especially the chestburster scene) :eek:
Jaws (especially the scene when the head that drops out the bottom of the boat) :behindsofa:

gag 8th April 2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 72747)
Oh.

Whoops.

I'm an idiot. What can I say, I'm tired, I probably spelt it like that as a kid, I'm rubbish, I'm [enter excuse here]. :laugh:

I say bring back the Blobby!

Btw - Is it wrong to still watch Spongebob? :pound:

Nothingnwrong with SB im 43 and time to time i watch it
Aparently its more cult with adults than with chidren
i know quite a few over 25s who watch

pedromonkey 8th April 2010 11:19 PM

i remember brave star, he had an awesome gun, and his horse had a shot gun.
thats right his HORSE had a SHOTGUN.

This was on around the same time as Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Galaxy Rangers, 80s cartoons ruled, none of this In the night garden crap they have for kids these days. the only thing we 80s kids had that was educational was Stop, Look and listen and a bit of rainbow at lunch times.

Kids don't know what they missed these days...

About In the night garden? has anyone seen this, if you haven't you should really check it out and see if you can understand what the hell is going on...

antmumford 9th April 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 72764)
i remember brave star, he had an awesome gun, and his horse had a shot gun.
thats right his HORSE had a SHOTGUN.

This was on around the same time as Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Galaxy Rangers, 80s cartoons ruled, none of this In the night garden crap they have for kids these days. the only thing we 80s kids had that was educational was Stop, Look and listen and a bit of rainbow at lunch times.

Kids don't know what they missed these days...

About In the night garden? has anyone seen this, if you haven't you should really check it out and see if you can understand what the hell is going on...

Yeah his horse was like a talking half robot half horse with a gun. I actually had the toys too, god knows what happened to them, bootsale most probably. I've read online that they made a feature length animated film of Bravestarr and it's meant to be brilliant. Might have to find it and have a walk down memory lane again.

Never heard of In The Night Garden, bit too modern for me I think ;)

I used to watch a cartoon called Ulysses 31. Anyone remember this? I even remember the theme tune, I'm singing it now :blush:
It was always on about 6am so me and my brother used to get up really early and sneak downstairs to watch it before we went to school. Oh the easy days of life

kingofwitches666 9th April 2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 72868)
I used to watch a cartoon called Ulysses 31. Anyone remember this? I even remember the theme tune, I'm singing it now :blush:
It was always on about 6am so me and my brother used to get up really early and sneak downstairs to watch it before we went to school. Oh the easy days of life

I remember it very well me & my brother used to watch it too. It was based on the ancient Greek poem The Odyssey which was attributed to the Greek poet Homer, but was set far in the future, in space which I thought was a brilliant concept! :thumb:

I believe it was a co-French/Japanese production and was readily available on DVD in the UK (my brother bought the boxset) but I believe it's now deleted & sells in excess of £50 from certain marketplace traders.