Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I love those Pearl Jam reissues. If I could play records, they'd be a definite purchase but it's a little like me buying a Betamax special edition of The Evil Dead!

As has been said, the Twin Peaks board game looks extremely cool and I would have been torn between opening it and having a play or leaving it in the shrinkwrap and selling it for a bundle on eBay!

You have an impressive DVD collection, but I doubt the shelf with 27 Dresses, Dirty Dancing 2, Pretty in Pink, The Holiday, Some Kind of Wonderful, Ella Enchanted, Nanny Diaries, 17 Again, PS I Love You etc are yours unless you have a similar taste in films to Stephen@Cult Labs!
Old 8th July 2011, 09:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I love those Pearl Jam reissues. If I could play records, they'd be a definite purchase but it's a little like me buying a Betamax special edition of The Evil Dead!
I've got a betamax of Cannonball Run somewhere, haha! They are lovely re-issues, the next one is the No Code & Binaural double sometime at the end of the year, can't wait. If you like them, they do have CD's included of all audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You have an impressive DVD collection, but I doubt the shelf with 27 Dresses, Dirty Dancing 2, Pretty in Pink, The Holiday, Some Kind of Wonderful, Ella Enchanted, Nanny Diaries, 17 Again, PS I Love You etc are yours unless you have a similar taste in films to Stephen@Cult Labs!
Haha, not guilty! Thankfully, when we had to put a bunch into 'storage', the chick-flicks were first in the pot, as long as I gave up all the asian stuff.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:12 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I've got a betamax of Cannonball Run somewhere, haha! They are lovely re-issues, the next one is the No Code & Binaural double sometime at the end of the year, can't wait. If you like them, they do have CD's included of all audio.
That's reassuring. I may look into them to see just how expensive they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Haha, not guilty! Thankfully, when we had to put a bunch into 'storage', the chick-flicks were first in the pot, as long as I gave up all the asian stuff.
One of the downfalls of being a family man, I guess. I hope you made a deal in which you can watch your Hong Kong action movies if you don't have to sit through all those rom-coms.
Old 8th July 2011, 01:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I tend to watch one on a Sunday morning when she gets a lie-in and I'm on baby duty!

As for the PJ sets, they're about £130 each.
Old 8th July 2011, 02:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really like the albums, but I don't think I can justify spending £130 on one, particularly as I really don't have anywhere to put the case!
Old 8th July 2011, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Here's my Asian SD stuff, a few are missing (The Killer, Bullet In The Head [both HKL], Hard Boiled Special Edition [Tartan A.E], A Better Tomorrow [Optimum] and Once Upon a Time In China [HKL]) as a mate has them.

Before the burglary, I had every single Tartan A.E release . Slowly but surely building them up again.
platostotal likes this.
Old 8th July 2011, 06:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great collection. I notice you have Chaos -- a film I haven't seen since I watched it at the cinema. I knew nothing about it going in except it was directed by Hideo Nakata so was expecting a psychologically troubling horror film -- imagine my surprise!
Old 8th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was definitely surprised, as I saw it not long after seeing Dark Water!

I felt the same way about A Snake Of June, as that was straight of the back of Tetsuo, but out of the two, Snake gets it, one of my favourite films full stop. It's just stunning to look at.
Old 8th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I haven't seen Snake of June, so will add it to my Lovefilm list immediately.
Old 8th July 2011, 06:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The cinematography is beautiful, it's all just shades of blue, apart from some flashback parts in black and white.

sawyer6 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!