Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2013, 11:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MAYOR View Post
hmmmm i've not heard of "the hitch hike" either i'll have to do some investigating. i'm very good at tracking down films, i like a challenge and this sounds like a good one to have a go at.
sounds like you had some real classics, i love car boot sales but nowadays you don't see any vhs or star wars or anything good for that matter.

i did a carboot sale last year i was selling off some records (i still have loads if anyone is interested)
there was nothing there it was just filled with crap lol heres a vid and some pics
Attachment 95574

Attachment 95575

The main thing I remember is the hitch hike had a black sleeve and was small box, other than that my memory is a little hazy beyond the extravegant levels of rape. Another nice find was a really early big box release of THE MUTATIONS with donald plesance, rare and worth picking up, its an odd little movie to say the least. Good pics, the trouble with car booting is you have to go to a bunch in order to find stuff. I remember hitting one where a bloke was selling STRAW DOGS video collection tapes at £60 a pop, went to the next smaller car boot later in the day and found a box of tapes with that and the old vtc release of turkey shoot for a couple of quid, so its luck of the draw more than anything. Also it would be worth asking your local charity shops, a lot of them refuse vhs these days but i bet if you offered some cash they might even change their minds!
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:22 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to THE MAYOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
You wouldn't happen to have in your collection a hand held
electronic game from the 80's which you held like a pair of
binoculars? I cannot for the life of me figure out the name
of the gadget, but there was three different types of games
A shoot 'em up game, racing game and I can't remember
the third one. Maybe you know what I'm on about? One
word for your collection:WOW
yes i have 3 of them 2 are purple and one is white, they are made by tomy the purple one works and you have to avoid space sips coming at you or something.
plenty on ebay f you can't get one i'll dig them out and sort something out with you
Old 6th January 2013, 11:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The main thing I remember is the hitch hike had a black sleeve and was small box, other than that my memory is a little hazy beyond the extravegant levels of rape. Another nice find was a really early big box release of THE MUTATIONS with donald plesance, rare and worth picking up, its an odd little movie to say the least. Good pics, the trouble with car booting is you have to go to a bunch in order to find stuff. I remember hitting one where a bloke was selling STRAW DOGS video collection tapes at £60 a pop, went to the next smaller car boot later in the day and found a box of tapes with that and the old vtc release of turkey shoot for a couple of quid, so its luck of the draw more than anything. Also it would be worth asking your local charity shops, a lot of them refuse vhs these days but i bet if you offered some cash they might even change their minds!
they recycle all of them now (pathetic) one shop even told me it was against health and safety rules to stock them coz the tape was flamable LMAO !!!

i'll do my best in trying to find that vid though and will update you when i find one, it's not if i find it it's always when lol.
put your mind to something and achieve everything
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
they recycle all of them now (pathetic) one shop even told me it was against health and safety rules to stock them coz the tape was flamable LMAO !!!

i'll do my best in trying to find that vid though and will update you when i find one, it's not if i find it it's always when lol.
put your mind to something and achieve everything
good luck finding it!

At least one copy is out there, all my tapes went to collectors.
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
good luck finding it!

At least one copy is out there, all my tapes went to collectors.
shame it wasn't me
Old 6th January 2013, 11:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
yes i have 3 of them 2 are purple and one is white, they are made by tomy the purple one works and you have to avoid space sips coming at you or something.
plenty on ebay f you can't get one i'll dig them out and sort something out with you

Speaking of Tomy, you haven't got a Turnin' Turbo Dashboard have you? I'm already beyond jealous of your collection/space/strong floors but if you had this I would be reduced to tears.
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Speaking of Tomy, you haven't got a Turnin' Turbo Dashboard have you? I'm already beyond jealous of your collection/space/strong floors but if you had this I would be reduced to tears.
if you're on about the red car front thing with a steering wheel, i remember it but never had one sorry.
i do have alot of things if i had one i'd have helped you out.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
if you're on about the red car front thing with a steering wheel, i remember it but never had one sorry.
i do have alot of things if i had one i'd have helped you out.
Yeah, it was one of those toys I always wanted but my parents wouldn't allow me to have toys that were aimed at boys unless they were educational. I bet they wish now that they'd have bought it me then maybe they wouldn't have a thirty year old child that can't drive!

You do have a fabulous collection, a bit more focused than my stuff!
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:15 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Yeah, it was one of those toys I always wanted but my parents wouldn't allow me to have toys that were aimed at boys unless they were educational. I bet they wish now that they'd have bought it me then maybe they wouldn't have a thirty year old child that can't drive!

You do have a fabulous collection, a bit more focused than my stuff!
aw thanks very much
bdc and SharonLynette like this.

Last edited by THE MAYOR; 7th January 2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
aw thanks very much, you saying about girls having boys toys take a look at this lot lol.
i'm a boy with girls toys lmao !!!

Attachment 95576

Attachment 95577

Attachment 95578

Attachment 95579

Attachment 95580

Attachment 95581
That is one amazing Sindy collection! My friend had that dolls house all I remember having was a Sindy kitchen (a fairly modern 80's/90's kitchen), I way always jealous of that! My loft is full of Sylvanian Families and random dolls.

Looking at your collection is bring it all back though, I'm sure I had that bath I seem to recall being able to pump water through it.

No matter what sex you are, the old Sindy stuff is amazing. I would be playing with all that though, whenever I have to rearrange the loft (hide more stuff up there) anything that can have an outfit change does!
THE MAYOR likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!