Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2008, 10:47 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
No worries mate, Halloween films are a real passion of mine (Surprisingly )

Sounds like me! Okay I don't have Halloween in my username but for the last five years my email address has been michaeltheshape...people ask what that's about! Love the Halloween movies. I have the original UK black box set with 1-5 and 7, a Michael/young Michael figurine, H6 Producers Cut DVD, H3 book, Halloween on blu-ray, Halloween 25 years of Terror DVDs, some old Fangoria's with MM on the cover, 5, 7 & 8 soundtracks, a Halloween comic & loads of stuff on computer like original scripts. Also got the upcoming DVD set + mask, and Halloween 2008 blu-ray on preorder! Hows that sound? Would love to get a full size mask one day.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieD View Post
Hows that sound? Would love to get a full size mask one day.
Pretty damn impressive mate I haven't got some of that stuff. I've got a bunch of copies of all the films (6 of the first one), the H6 Producers cut, the novel adapted from the first film, a T-shirt, a couple of figures of Michael and stuff. I've got a full size mask (and a boiler suit ) If you check my user profile I've got a picture of me wearing it up on there (In all fairness, it was at a halloween party, I don't just dress like that normally

Last edited by Halloween_22; 4th September 2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 4th September 2008, 12:04 PM
Cultist

WOW I just saw your pic! I'd Love a mask like that, would be so good for Halloween and Fancy Dress parties & just to hang up somewhere Where did you get it? You've got some cool stuff too! I read that the next Halloween might be directed by the directors of Inside (L'Interieur) I really hope that's true, was so worried before after Rob Zombie's bombed that that might be the end!
Old 4th September 2008, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Cool, i'm glad they're making anther one (kind of ) I was really worried when I heard Rob Zombie was making the last one as I hate his other films, Devils Rejects was utter crap (IMO). I think they need to get back to making sequels (as long as they're nothing like Resurrection) more in the vein of 4, 5 & 6, maybe follow on from them. Find out what happened to the baby from H6.
(Sorry for going off topic , maybe there should be a Halloween thread )

I got that mask off ebay about 4 or 5 years ago, i've had it for a while. It cost nearly 50 quid which was a bit steep really. I'm sure there's websites that sell them aswell, although some of the full size masks I've seen look terrible!
Old 4th September 2008, 04:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I read that it was a French director doing the film also Robbie.

I must admit, im not a Rob Zombie fan either H.
Old 4th September 2008, 04:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Oooh I quite like Rob Zombie! lol
Old 4th September 2008, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I watched House of 1000 and that was enough for me.
He seems to go from one needless gore set piece to another in an MTV style of direction. Nothing shocked me, I was bored.
I know its not fair to judge on 1 film, but I couldn't bring myself to sit though another .
But hey, if he's your taste iluv's, dont let mine or anyones views put you off him. Watch and enjoy mate.
I'm sure I like some directors you probably dont.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:35 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Fair enough Vipco. Each to their own as they say

I think I like Rob Zombie because of the editing - it's very different to alot of films and you can tell he truly loves the genre. Although HO1C was a bit stupid with all those 'people' under ground. The Devil's Rejects I also liked a lot. Although having said that I haven't seen his Halloween. Oh, also I like his music a bit too! lol!It suits the horror genre well IMO.

However, if you want a BAD (TERRIBLY BAD) modern horror director, I would suggest Eli Roth lol! I can't stand his films - now he uses gore for gore's sake.
Old 5th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I just think Zombie approachs a film with a fans veiw and not that of a director first and it dose'nt work for me.

I like Roth. I wouldn't say he goes gore for gores sake , as I thought considering the subject matter of both Hostel films, he was quite restrained.
The Hostel style cash in's are far more gory than Hostel .

Like you say, each unto his own eh.?

Happy viewing mate.

Last edited by vipco; 5th September 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 5th September 2008, 05:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don't let the fact that Zombie directed Halloween Vip's-it ain't frenetic like his other bullshit!

Like this? Share it using the links below!