All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2014, 12:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Nutty professor enjoyable really ?

95% of Eddie Murphy films are rubbish , 48hrs Beverley hills cops trilogy and trading places I think are the only films of his I enjoyed the rest I thought where rubbish OK shrek but he a voice over on that tho,
Jerry Lewis who made the original and best nutty professor is a very divisive figure in comedy. In france he's considered a genius but his films have never been hugely popular in his home country of the good ol' US of A. Bellboy and Nutty Professor are the ones that can be considered 'hits'.
Old 27th January 2014, 01:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
Pssst, Gag, I think Stephen@Cult Labs meant the original - with Gerry Lewis....
as homer would say DOH!
Old 2nd February 2014, 07:39 AM
Cultist

Red State (2011) - Pure garbage & that is coming from a Kevin Smith fan.

Shaun of the Dead (2004) - Possibly the most overrated film I have ever seen & seriously not funny in the slightest.

The Devil's Chair (2007) - The most pretentious horror film ever made & a complete insult to the genre.
Old 2nd February 2014, 07:51 AM
Cultist in Training

Just watched Squirm several days ago. This is very baad
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post
Red State (2011) - Pure garbage & that is coming from a Kevin Smith fan.

Shaun of the Dead (2004) - Possibly the most overrated film I have ever seen & seriously not funny in the slightest.
Wow. Not often you see such venom for Shaun, but to be considered one of the worst movies ever seen is.. astonishing. Still, horses for courses.

And I really like Red State. Thought it was a very mature film for KS and is worth watching for the scenery chewing of Michael Parks alone. My main issue is that while the ending is great to a point, I wish they went with the original idea (which I gather they didn't due to budgetary issues).
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've not seen Red State, but Shaun of the Dead is one of my favourite zombie films, I remember sitting there with two workmates watching it in the cinema before a nightshift and pointing out all the references to other films, them two looking at me like I needed to get a life
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Wow. Not often you see such venom for Shaun, but to be considered one of the worst movies ever seen is.. astonishing. Still, horses for courses.

And I really like Red State. Thought it was a very mature film for KS and is worth watching for the scenery chewing of Michael Parks alone. My main issue is that while the ending is great to a point, I wish they went with the original idea (which I gather they didn't due to budgetary issues).
Red State is very mature until it ends in a series of knob jokes which for me ruined my whole experience of it...and I love a knob joke!
Old 2nd February 2014, 01:03 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post

LOL Yea I am very much on my own for my dislike of Shaun & have actually been trolled on to within a inch of my life for it... but yea I thought it was shite

Love their other films though & thought Hot Fuzz was hilarious!

Red State I simply hated from start to finish & like I said I love his other films so it was a major disappointment for me.

To each their own and all that jazz though
Old 2nd February 2014, 01:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I don't like Shaun of the Dead either so you're not alone!
Old 2nd February 2014, 01:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post
LOL Yea I am very much on my own for my dislike of Shaun & have actually been trolled on to within a inch of my life for it... but yea I thought it was shite

Love their other films though & thought Hot Fuzz was hilarious!
What did you think of The World's End - have you seen it?

That's another I loved, but I was quite surprised to tons of people registering their disappointment with it on other forums (especially disliking Pegg's character, who I really liked). For me it was easily of the standard of the others and I laughed consistently through it, but clearly it didn't work for all. The fact it had Sisters of Mercy on the soundtrack was one of many bonuses.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!