Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree1716Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 25th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
awesome, cheers for that Demdike...
Glad to be of help.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25th July 2011, 06:04 PM
plasterface's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: north east
Blog Entries: 4
Default b-movie madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Well, it's me posting the first question then.

There's a nice-looking boxset called the "B Movie Campaign Boxset". It includes the following films:

- Return of the Killer Tomatoes!
- Elvira - Mistress of the Dark
- Return to Horror High
- Creature
- The Stuff
- Crocodile
- Hell Comes to Frogtown
- Rats
- Slugs
- Octopus
- Spiders
- Night of the Living Dead (Colour version)

It'll be nice if some friendly chaps could pick two or three flicks each (or all ) and shortly comment on the quality and the fun factor of the movies. You could also give them a rating from 0 to 5 (with zero meaning "Forget about it.").

Greetings!

PS: Please don't comment on the last one - I know and I love the movie; and yes, the colourised version is rubbish.
I own the ltd edition boxset of this and its worth 12 quid of anyones money but the 3 best in the boxset are slugs a so bad its good disasterpiece from the director of pieces. Hell comes to frogtown another rowdy roddy piper sc-fi treat and the stuff, one of cohen's underated films. Wish they'd bring another boxset out like this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25th July 2011, 06:08 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
I own the ltd edition boxset of this and its worth 12 quid of anyones money but the 3 best in the boxset are slugs a so bad its good disasterpiece from the director of pieces. Hell comes to frogtown another rowdy roddy piper sc-fi treat and the stuff, one of cohen's underated films. Wish they'd bring another boxset out like this.
What about Elvira?

It would make my top 3.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wolfenstein Castle
Default

Thanks a lot, Dem, Bizarre, Baseball, and plaster!

All your statements convinced me that the "B Movie Campaign Boxset" is definitely worth the 12 bucks Amazon want for it. I'll order it first thing in the morning. As I don't own any release included (except for NOTLD), it really sounds like decent value for money.

Greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25th July 2011, 07:33 PM
plasterface's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: north east
Blog Entries: 4
Default elvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What about Elvira?

It would make my top 3.
i thought elvira was amusing enough
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25th July 2011, 07:38 PM
plasterface's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: north east
Blog Entries: 4
Default boxset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Thanks a lot, Dem, Bizarre, Baseball, and plaster!

All your statements convinced me that the "B Movie Campaign Boxset" is definitely worth the 12 bucks Amazon want for it. I'll order it first thing in the morning. As I don't own any release included (except for NOTLD), it really sounds like decent value for money.

Greetings!
i'd reccomend the ltd edition boxset over the other version which has plastic pages for the discs , best of all its the same price but it depends if you prefer collectibility or a more compact version for your shelf. Cant guarantee you'll like all the films but sure you'll have a few laughs
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25th July 2011, 07:43 PM
dream demon's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.
Default

But then you need to decide if you want the box set, or the "digi-stack" edition. Out of interest, which versions do you guys have? To be honest, I have the individual releases of most of the ones in this set I am interested in, so probably won't bother with the set, although it is good VFM if you don't have any yet. I also find most Boulevard releases to have decent prints.

Is Rats from this series any good by the way? At first I thought it was Night of Terror, but apparently this is a different film (possibly from 2002, if I have the right one). It has a 5.0 rating on IMDB which would suggest it is not a complete stinker.

*Edit*

Looks like Plasterface beat me to it re, box vs. digi-stack!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25th July 2011, 08:06 PM
plasterface's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: north east
Blog Entries: 4
Default evil laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
But then you need to decide if you want the box set, or the "digi-stack" edition. Out of interest, which versions do you guys have? To be honest, I have the individual releases of most of the ones in this set I am interested in, so probably won't bother with the set, although it is good VFM if you don't have any yet. I also find most Boulevard releases to have decent prints.

Is Rats from this series any good by the way? At first I thought it was Night of Terror, but apparently this is a different film (possibly from 2002, if I have the right one). It has a 5.0 rating on IMDB which would suggest it is not a complete stinker.

*Edit*

Looks like Plasterface beat me to it re, box vs. digi-stack!
mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

on a serious note i also made same rats mistake, did'nt think one in box set was much cop to be honest
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25th July 2011, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wolfenstein Castle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i'd reccomend the ltd edition boxset over the other version which has plastic pages for the discs , best of all its the same price but it depends if you prefer collectibility or a more compact version for your shelf. Cant guarantee you'll like all the films but sure you'll have a few laughs
That's exactly what I'm after in a world going down the swanny.

I guess I'll take the limited set - I like to have something to touch and to showcase. It's the same with women, innit?

Greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25th July 2011, 09:40 PM
plasterface's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: north east
Blog Entries: 4
Default a nice package

Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.