Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2017, 10:03 PM
Ex-member

Does anyone know if the following footage has been put back into Terror in the Aisles (1984) either on DVD or Blu ray?

1.Shots of a woman being beaten during the extracts from Vice Squad (1982)

2.A crotch-grabbing shot from Dressed to Kill (1980)

3. Footage of nunchakus during the extract from Ms .45 (1981)

A lot of this footage was cut way back in 1987 for Palace video and cinema releases.
Old 14th December 2017, 03:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Does anyone know if the following footage has been put back into Terror in the Aisles (1984) either on DVD or Blu ray?

1.Shots of a woman being beaten during the extracts from Vice Squad (1982)

2.A crotch-grabbing shot from Dressed to Kill (1980)

3. Footage of nunchakus during the extract from Ms .45 (1981)

A lot of this footage was cut way back in 1987 for Palace video and cinema releases.

The version on the Region Free HALLOWEEN II Blu-ray from Universal has all these parts intact as they were BBFC theatrical cuts (10 seconds in total).But I gather to receive an 'R' from the MPAA, footage from DAWN OF THE DEAD which went out 'unrated' was removed (Possibly the head blasting though I can't confirm) .
SilverSurfer likes this.
Old 14th December 2017, 04:06 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
But I gather to receive an 'R' from the MPAA, footage from DAWN OF THE DEAD which went out 'unrated' was removed (Possibly the head blasting though I can't confirm) .
So it is still cut on Blu ray then? and not available uncut on the DVD-R from Universal Studios?
Old 14th December 2017, 04:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
So it is still cut on Blu ray then? and not available uncut on the DVD-R from Universal Studios?
It's just the 'R' rated version without the BBFC cuts. The MOD release will be identical to the version on the Blu-ray which is quite cheap & of course will look far nicer. Despite the 'A' coding on Amazon.com,mine was Region Free as I only have a UK player:
https://www.amazon.com/Halloween-II-...een+ii+blu+ray

I've only read the film was cut by the MPAA elsewhere but I can't confirm this for certain.
Old 28th December 2017, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've done the unthinkable (for my bank balance) and bought a multi-region bluray player which will be arriving on Saturday. I'd love some suggestions for Region A discs which you think I should have in my collection, I've already started a list myself but some input would be good, there are so many!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th December 2017, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I done the unthinkable (for my bank balance) and bought a multi-region bluray player which will be arriving on Saturday. I'd love some suggestions for Region A discs which you think I should have in my collection, I've already started a list myself but some input would be good, there are so many!
You may as well say goodbye to your monthly paychecks now, Justin.

That said, I don't buy many Region A discs anymore. The main companies being Criterion (US), Kino Lorber, Olive Films and Shout/Scream Factory who all routinely lock their discs to A.

Within those companies there has been a steady trickle of stuff they've released becoming available over here as the home-grown labels start to put stuff out (Odeon and Nucleus starting to release Walker / Franco stuff that was previously only available in region A locked versions from the likes of Redemption etc. being an example).

Here is a link to everything I have that is region A locked (well, at least according to Blu-ray.com).

I think we're generally quite lucky here that most of the US boutique or cult labels tend to release things region free. That said, there is still definitely a reason to go region free if you're serious about getting the best the world has to offer in regards to Blu-ray releases.
Old 28th December 2017, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran

That's really useful thanks! Yes, it's mostly Criterion and Shout Factory I'm after but there are still some older studio catalogue releases that are unlikely to come out in the UK that are locked to Region A as well. I think Fox still lock their titles as well.

I'd forgotten about Olive Films so thanks again I also forgot about El Topo!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th December 2017, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The only film I regret missing out on Region A is Cannibal Ferox. But it's not enough to justify the expense of a multi-region player.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 28th December 2017, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict

Favourites among my U.S blu rays are.

Nightbreed - Director's cut
Exorcist 3 - Director's cut
Corruption (Peter Cushing)
MS.45
House that screamed
House on straw hill (expose)
Dorm that dripped blood
Halloween 6 - producers cut
Blood and lace
Horrible Dr Hitchcock.

Mondo Macabro's Blood spattered bride has just turned up today so i'm sure that will count once i've watched it.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 28th December 2017, 08:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I'm pretty sure Corruption and Expose are region free, but great list nonetheless.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!