Like Tree763Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2016, 04:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Out now from TCM / Universal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91w39aPMioL._SL1500_.jpg (97.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 19th April 2017, 12:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Out now from TCM / Universal
Oooh Drebin/Lovecraft
SOLD

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd July 2017, 07:26 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Like Kindergarten Cop 2 (which was actually pretty good for what it was), comes another comedy sequel no-one expected (or probably asked for)....Cop and A Half: New Recruit, starring Lou Diamond Phillips. Yeah, I'll give it a go when it's released in August (on region 1 dvd)

IMG_7603.jpg

https://youtu.be/KZwkStRlou4

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 2nd July 2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Adding YouTube link the computers – I hope you don't mind!
Old 1st May 2019, 06:22 PM
Cult Master

The upcoming release of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, from the French Rimni Films label, features the documentary SLICE AND DICE: THE SLASHER FILM FOREVER (subtitled in French and with a slightly different edit) as a special feature

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th May 2019, 11:51 AM
Cult Master

September 13th, 2019 - 'Prince: Sign O The Times' limited edition 4 disc DVD/Blu-Ray combo set. Pre-order from Amazon Germany - €54.95 (although it's bound ro come to Amazon UK soon)

"On May 8th 1987 Prince embarked on his SIGN "O" THE TIMES tour through Europe with a gigantic rock revue show accompanying what possibly is his greatest album. Today, 32 years later, Turbine is proud to announce the release of the legendary concert film as a Limited Deluxe Edition on September 9th 2019.

After Prince decided to cancel the open-air shows in England due to imminent thunderstorms and as a result the concerts in Italy were also cancelled, he decided at short notice to film the shows in Rotterdam and Antwerp. A daredevil move, since there were less than two days to get the complete production up and running. The crazy history of the film is inspected in the booklet as well as in the brand new interview documentary produced exclusively for this release with former collaborators of Prince.

Features:
  • 2 Blu-ray Discs + 2 DVDs
  • Blu-ray Disc with audio in Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D 11.1 + Original Stereo Mix
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Martin Homent Art who already was responsible for the cover art of the Prince albums "Hitnrun Phase One + Two"
  • Packaging in 12" LP format + heart shaped sticker + large-size booklet + DIN A1 theatrical poster + 5 b/w photos
  • Newly commissioned 85 minute interview documentary "Prince - The Peach & Black Times" by Naomi Holwill and Calum Waddell (High Rising Productions) with Dr. Fink (keyboards), Susan Rogers (sound engineer), Steve Purcell (editor), Leroy Bennett (stage and lighting design), Gert de Bruijn & Michiel Hoogeboezom (sound engineers), Dave Rusan (Rusan Guitarworks) and Edgar Kruize, author of Prince: The Dutch Experience
  • Exclusive audio commentary by The Peach and Black Podcast
  • Booklet with new writing by Prince expert Edgar Kruize and a foreword by Dr. Funkenberry
  • Bonus Blu-ray Disc and DVD with over two hours of extended interview versions

DVD
Video: 16:9 anamorphic (PAL)
Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: Feature film: German (dialogues), English (lyrics) Bonus material: German (optional)

Blu-ray disc
Video: 1080p24 Full HD (1.78:1)
Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital 5.1 compatible), Auro-3D 11.1 (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 7.1 compatible)
Subtitles: feature film: German (dialogues), English (lyrics), bonus material: German (optional)

Setlist
1. Intro
2. Sign "O" the Times
3. Play in the Sunshine
4. Little Red Corvette
5. Housequake
6. Slow Love
7. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
8. Hot Thing
9. Now's the Time
10. U Got the Look (music video)
11. If I Was Your Girlfriend
12. Forever in My Life / It
13. It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night
14. The Cross
15. Sign "O" the Times (instrumental)

The film is equipped with region code B/2 for licensing reasons."

Old 15th May 2019, 09:58 AM
Cult Master

June 11 - 'My Nights with Susan, Sandra, Olga & Julie' [dual version]. Pre-order from Amazon US - $26.38

"Cult Epics presents Pim de la Parra's last "Dutch Sex Wave" film.

Susan (FRANK & EVA'S Willeke Van Ammelrooy) lives in an idyllic farmhouse, along with the sex-loving youngsters, Sandra, Olga and Julie and the unstable voyeur Albert. A number of killings take place by the sex-vampires, the allegations however, go out to Piet (Flodder's Nelly Frijda), the crazy woman on the other side of the ditch. A young craftsman, Anton (Hans van der Gragt), visits and gets surprised by the dangerous ladies.

MY NIGHTS WITH SUSAN, SANDRA, OLGA & JULIE was the last of Scorpio's "Dutch Sex Wave" productions, directed by auteur filmmaker Pim de la Parra, masterfully shot in Techniscope by Marc Felperlaan (THE LIFT, THE NORTHENERS), featuring the last score by composer Elisabeth Lutyens (known for Hammer films and Amicus Productions), and with a screenplay co-credited to Harry Kumel (DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS). Stay in and have a night out with these ladies of seduction!"

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • New HD Restoration and Transfer (from original 35mm print).
  • Introduction by Pim de la Parra (HD, 2019).
  • Scorpio Short Films: Heart Beat Fresco (1966), Joop (1969), Joop Strikes Again (1970) HD.
  • Poster and Photo Video Gallery (HD).
  • Original Scorpio Films Theatrical Trailers (HD).
  • Optional English language track.

g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.

Old 16th September 2019, 12:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Oh my fracking … Whoo-hoo!

Old 16th September 2019, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran

Perhaps a vague foretelling of my future but I loved She-Ra and wasn't that interested in He-Man when I was younger I did have Castle Greyskull and all the action figures though...
Rik, Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th September 2019, 12:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Perhaps a vague foretelling of my future but I loved She-Ra and wasn't that interested in He-Man when I was younger I did have Castle Greyskull and all the action figures though...
I bought a region one She-Ra box set at a Birmingham Memorabilia event fifteen years ago. I still haven't watched more than the first disc. There's way too much moralizing for my liking.

If i was moving home and had movers remorse i'd definitely chuck that out. But i'm not so i won't.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 16th September 2019, 12:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I bought a region one She-Ra box set at a Birmingham Memorabilia event fifteen years ago. I still haven't watched more than the first disc. There's way too much moralizing for my liking.

If i was moving home and had movers remorse i'd definitely chuck that out. But i'm not so i won't.
You have to remember it was made to teach children right from wrong, as a jaded adult it'd probably just seem annoying I'm already considering a purchase... I told you, I've got issues...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!