Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK DVD Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6501-upcoming-non-uk-dvd-thread.html)

Dave Boy 16th September 2019 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I'm up for both of these. I was in the process of watching these shows through again from copies that I had but I will now stop and continue on when these sets come.

I sold off some original figures years back and kept only BUZZ-OFF my favourite.

Attachment 218810

Rik 16th September 2019 09:17 PM

I’m up for the He-Man set, but not for $50 for a dvd set!

Susan Foreman 3rd December 2019 04:58 AM

Release date April 3rd on the Australian Via Vision Entertainment label

Susan Foreman 9th January 2020 05:46 PM

Release date February 25th, 2020 on the Tokyo Shock label, and available for pre-order at Right stuf anime - $14.99

'Gappa the Triphibian Monster' dual DVD and Blu-ray combo

"GAPPA: THE TRIPHIBIAN MONSTER - The towering, flying reptile swoops onto blu-ray for the first time ever!

Originally released directly to U.S. television in 1968 as The Monster From A Prehistoric Planet (in a badly panned and scanned format), Gappa unfolds on a serene tropical island paradise untouched by modern civilization and technology where a dark secret lies dormant for centuries. When a greedy business tycoon has grandiose plans to turn the island into the world’s largest resort and amusement park, a team of scientists stumble upon a mysterious dinosaur egg. When the egg hatches, GAPPA is born - a mythical giant reptilian bird that the indigenous island people worship as a god. Seeing dollar signs, the tycoon hurriedly ships the baby monster to Tokyo for commercial exploitation. Little does he know that the much larger, irate parents of the infant Gappa follow close behind to rescue their precious baby and wreak havoc upon monster-plagued Tokyo!

This historic rubber-suit epic rode the wave of Godzilla’s golden era and was the only kaiju produced by the prolific Nikkatsu studios. Long out of print on DVD, the Tokyo Shock blu-ray and remastered DVD editions are the only legitimate versions of the film officially licensed for North America and finally presented uncut in a fresh high-definition transfer to preserve all of its original widescreen glory."

Details
  • Publisher: TOKYO SHOCK
  • Media: Blu-ray
  • Spoken Language: English, Japanese
  • Subtitle Language: English
  • Genre: Action, Science Fiction
  • Age Rating: 13+
  • Run Time: 80
  • Release Date: 2/25/2020
  • Dimensional Weight: 0.5
  • Region Code: A

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th January 2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 616454)
Release date April 3rd on the Australian Via Vision Entertainment label

Another bootleg job Suz?

Got a link to that and is it betamax only?:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th January 2020 09:16 PM

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th January 2020 09:23 PM

So it's legit.Hopefully a BD will surface.....according to Diabolik on Twitter....

I had a convo with one of the people that worked on the Manhunter Anchor Bay disc and he said Mann called him to give him the "director's cut" they used on the disc otherwise they never would have know it existed.

Dr. Limpothy Biscuit
‏ @FlikMage
3 Dec 2019
Replying to @diabolikdvd @dawnofthediscs

The implication being that maybe Mann has a directors cut of THE KEEP chilling in his attic?
1 reply 0 retweets 3 likes

DiabolikDVD.com
‏ @diabolikdvd
4 Dec 2019

I don't know that, but I would think he is probably the only one that would have it. Also that Manhunter was pretty rough. I think it came from a video source if I remember correctly.

:pray::pray::pray:

Susan Foreman 21st January 2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 618767)
Another bootleg job Suz?

Got a link to that and is it betamax only?:)

JB HI-FI: The Keep - $19.98 (Presumably that's Australian dollars)

Susan Foreman 9th April 2020 06:23 AM

'DAHMER' (2002) - coming to Blu-ray (for the first time) and returning to DVD from MVD Collector's Brands on August 11, 2020...

JEFFREY DAHMER. ONE MAN. 17 BODIES. HIS STORY IS FINALLY TOLD.

"A butcher. An animal. A monster. Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer (Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner, The Avengers) was vilified when authorities discovered he murdered, dismembered, and even tried to consume the bodies of 17 young men in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. But is there such a thing as a human monster? Starting somewhere between popular legend and historical fact, Dahmer dares to explore the truth of a man many called an abomination of nature, but who was most decidedly a living, breathing person. Inspired by life events, it takes you into the demented world of this lonely factory worker and examines the ways in which his twisted personal pain led to the most self-destructive extremes of human cruelty."

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature from a BRAND NEW 4K HD master struck from the original camera negative supervised by director David Jacobson presented for the first time in its original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
- Audio: DTS 5.1 Surround, 2.0 Mono LPCM
- English and Spanish Subtitles
- Audio commentary by director David Jacobson and actors Jeremy Renner and Artel Kayaru
- Making of Featurette (SD, 16:17)
- NEW! Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
- NEW! Story Boards
- Original Red Band Home Video Trailer (SD, 02:14)
- NEW! Original Theatrical Trailer (HD, 01:45)
- Limited Edition Slipcover (First Pressing Only)

Technical specs:
Color
RT: 102 min
Language: English
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Year: 2002

MPAA Rating: R (FOR ABERRANT VIOLENCE, SEXUALITY, LANGUAGE AND SOME DRUG USE)

Susan Foreman 14th May 2020 07:36 PM

"The 1989, rarely seen epic, NIGHT TERROR is coming to DVD soon from Massacre Video with an all new transfer from its original video master!"