Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Even Gremlins get hooked on Disney!
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I cannot remember if I posted this before, but I am too lazy (honest word for "busy" ) to check all posts, so here we go (maybe again): Gamera vs. Gaos - I was 6 years old and amazed by all involved and since me and my older brother made it just in time to the cinema for the opening titles, I still have that urge to be at the cinema early... I had the luck to see that film again at a cinema a few years ago and the experience had some special moments to it as well, because it was the first time back at that certain theatre (a pretty old-fashioned kind of cinema, not one of these modern cement cages!), which had been taken down and 1:1 rebuilt at a nearby location. So I went down the stairs that led to the theatre and it felt rather like walking towards a parking deck and when I opened the door and went in, it was like a hit on the head (with Lucille? ) or a step into a time-machine - amazing what they acchieved there! I talked to the owner afterwards and assked if they filmed that process as that would make a great item for any cinema lover, but he sadly told me that they had not thought about that...
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:37 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The first film I can remember seeing at the cinema was 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'
Same here

The first 18s (they were Xs back then ) were A Clockwork Orange (1971) ,The Legend of Hell House and The Exorcist (both 1973) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

I do remember seeing a lot of old tat films in between and after.

Like this? Share it using the links below!