Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487216)
I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

Thank you, that was a very honest answer. Like you i watch action films and westerns and see entertainment rather than anything else.

I thought people were taking the Michael when they said Deodato had all these agendas with Cannibal Holocaust.

Actually i still do.

I don't think he had any socio-political agendas when he made it. He just wanted to shock people. He had thirty years to pretend he was being profound with the film.

I'm sure vast swathes of our film collections will match. Perhaps not by format (or artwork :lol:) but movie wise.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:11 AM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487218)
[emoji38] i didn't like to pursue the matter. Just that you rarely seen to post much in the way of reviews but clearly have quite wide and varied tastes as seen in the 'bought' thread. Heard you mention many films you love but never something you hate. Was just curious is all.

No problem. I'm sure a lot of people see what I've bought and think, is he for real? [emoji23]

J Harker 26th April 2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487230)
No problem. I'm sure a lot of people see what I've bought and think, is he for real? [emoji23]

Nope.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Certainly not me. The only difference is that i'm not replacing them with blu-rays.

A small section of my comedy shelf for example. I'm not proud.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487232)
Certainly not me. The only difference is that i'm not replacing them with blu-rays.

Nothing wrong with that shelf!

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487233)
Nothing wrong with that shelf!

I've watched many of them far more than any of the so called cooler films i own.

gag 26th April 2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487216)
I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Calum ripped into me because I like it. Says it's racisd. I honestky didn't see that. All I saw was Chuck doing his thing. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

I dont look into films to much either, just stick them on and enjoy them for what they are, i dont lik delve into it making statement about what the director was trying to achieve but did this and this scene wrong.
if i have it's extremely rare. But if i dislike a film then like everyone else i say so. But we all have different taste and i can find some shit films entertaining in my own way, my friends are always saying my taste in films is shit, but then again they wouldn't know a decent film if they saw one because their to busy being wrapped up into days Hollywood films and think their great because they got tonnes of crash bang wallop action and **** all else to offer and think half of these so called horrors like paranormal activity are great and scary, then probably complain tcm is shit.
Im not sure whats meant to be scary about these paranormal activities when imo jack shit happens and their not even atmospheric and boring as hell and great for insomniacs.

gag 26th April 2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Not people on forums like these because we understand the concept of how bad a film is that its so bad its good.
But other people who dont collect or understand films would think even the good films in our collection would be shit.
Last year 4work mates wanted to watch the warriors because i mentioned it several times, and not one was impressed one went about half way through, another said he was bored, one thought it was shite and other just said it was ok but couldnt watch it again, and thats their opinion on a cult classic film, maybe i should put on Basket case or bad taste and see what they think of them :nod::lol:

gag 26th April 2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Im not proud, :rolleyes:you right there i wouldn't be proud of them films either :lol: type i just just walk past in the 50p sale box in a charity shop :lol:

Ps just kidding.... or am i :rolleyes:

Each to their own at end of the day, then a new one begins and we just buy more shite :tongue1:;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

You shouldn't be! :tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 07:36 AM

Yeah, all joking aside, I'd love to have a look at your collection Stephen.

I'd be willing to bet it's probably one of the most diverse on here. :nod:

J Harker 26th April 2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487249)
Yeah, all joking aside, I'd love to have a look at your collection Stephen.

I'd be willing to bet it's probably one of the most diverse on here. :nod:

I think a photoshoot is in order. I may be wrong but i also suspect that Stephens collection is probably one of the neatest and tidiest too. A man who pays such attention to detail is hardly likely to have his films in a great heap in the corner.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

There's about 10 on that shelf which I haven't seen!

J Harker 26th April 2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Bedazzled. Liz Hurley....[emoji108]

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 09:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487252)
I think a photoshoot is in order. I may be wrong but i also suspect that Stephens collection is probably one of the neatest and tidiest too. A man who pays such attention to detail is hardly likely to have his films in a great heap in the corner.

[emoji15]

Attachment 178102Attachment 178103

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

These are the ones on your shelf which I haven't seen:

Pledge This!
Milk Money
Evil Woman
Love Actually
Van Wilder: Party Liaison
Whipped
View from the Top
Laws of Attraction
Legally Blonde 2

I've no idea what the one at the bottom of the right-hand pile is – could you enlighten me please?

J Harker 26th April 2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487259)

Erm...you got a hostage behind that door or something??

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487265)
Erm...you got a hostage behind that door or something??

Yeah! They'll get out when that tower of dvds topples over. [emoji1]

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 487262)
These are the ones on your shelf which I haven't seen:

Pledge This!
Milk Money
Evil Woman
Love Actually
Van Wilder: Party Liaison
Whipped
View from the Top
Laws of Attraction
Legally Blonde 2

I've no idea what the one at the bottom of the right-hand pile is – could you enlighten me please?

It's a double bill of Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000

Milk Money is superb. Ed Harris and Melanie Griffith are on top form in this.

Van Wilder is one of the very best high school comedies in my opinion. Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds is Van Wilder.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487280)
It's a double bill of Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000

Milk Money is superb. Ed Harris and Melanie Griffith are on top form in this.

Van Wilder is one of the very best high school comedies in my opinion. Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds is Van Wilder.

I thought it was The Blues Brothers, but was confused by the number!

I previously hadn't even heard of Milk Money and haven't seen either of the Van Wilder films, though I have heard of the first one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 487283)
haven't seen either of the Van Wilder films, though I have heard of the first one.

There are three actually.:hide:

Only the first is recommended to the non-enthusiast though.

gag 28th April 2016 06:35 AM

Disney movie schedule: 2016 to 2019 - Business Insider

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th April 2016 06:19 PM

The Neon Demon (2016)

Nordicdusk 3rd May 2016 09:51 AM

Chopping Mall is coming out on Blu Ray just confirmed through Lionsgate hoping for a late summer release. Jim Wynorski just posted on Facebook

iank 4th May 2016 01:52 AM

Arnie's back!

Arnold Schwarzenegger starring in action comedy Why We?re Killing Gunther | News | Movies - Empire

Oh good, I was beginning to wonder when Arnie was going to do something again!

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th May 2016 08:32 AM

May have been mentioned before, but if not, here's some self indulgent pretentious shit for you right here.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...-will-ever-see

Susan Foreman 8th May 2016 07:45 AM

High Heels And 'Boob Armour'

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 488919)

Those wedged shoes are ridiculous.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2016 10:57 AM

Richard Linklater talks rock music and new film Everybody Wants Some - the sequel to his classic Dazed and Confused.

Everybody Wants Some!! Richard Linklater Interview - Feature - Classic Rock

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th May 2016 08:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEUvT2nozMc

Quote:

From director Nick Gillespie and executive producer Ben Wheatley (Director - Kill List, High Rise) comes this knife-edged thriller about a band of mercenary soldiers battling to escape a mysterious, unseen enemy.

gag 14th May 2016 06:15 PM

21 Years Later A Football Classic Gets A Sequel

gag 15th May 2016 06:13 PM

The Ring franchise is coming back with a vengeance. Rings is set 13 years after the events of The Ring, centering on Holt (Alex Roe), who suddenly becomes distant from his girlfriend (Matilda Anna Ingrid Lutz) after watching a mysterious video tape. The supporting cast includes Johnny Galecki, Aimee Teegarden, Laura Wiggins, Zach Roerig, Andrea Powell, Surely Alvelo and Dave Blamy. Shortly after filming started, a rumor surfaced that the character Aidan Keller, played by David Dorfman in The Ring and The Ring Two, will appear as an adult, but that report was never confirmed, and it isn't known if David Dorfman is coming back to reprise his role. Production got under way in March

Susan Foreman 20th May 2016 05:00 PM

Satanic sharks and killer donuts: best of the worst film posters at Cannes 2016 | Film | The Guardian

Featured films:

Attack of the Killer Donuts
Ever said you’d die for a Krispy Kreme? Here’s the movie to prove that arterial clogging isn’t the only risk of these sweet treats. In fact, it may be an artfully disguised public health broadcast.

Operation Neighborhood Watch
At the age of 45, Denise Richards is no longer Hollywood’s sexy ingenue, but middle America’s disapproving mom who, from the looks of it, gets to spend an entire film fully-clothed, sighing and rolling her eyes at children. That’s your future, Blake Lively!

Dudes & Dragons
Despite the over-enthused cult that surrounds and frantically masturbates along to Game of Thrones, there are apparently a few major problems that can be easily fixed in just one film. More dragons! More dudes! More booty! Less budget!

Sam
Tom Hooper’s Oscar-bait trans biopic The Danish Girl was so politely told that we half-expected the director himself to offer us a cup of tea at the end. Which is why we would take this obnoxious-looking comedy, with seriously skewed logic, as a palate-cleanser until Hollywood finally works out how to deal with LGBT issues with the requisite intellect.

Painkillers
One has to admire the insanely arrogant assumptions made by this poster. It’s the new CARRY SLEE! You know, from the people who made REGRET! With all those names at the bottom that could just be a list of on-set cleaners!

Breaking Legs
Legs will break! We can’t quite tell if this is an inspirational dance flick or a gruesome body horror. Either way, we admire the use of the Cannes logo in the corner, usually reserved for films selected as part of the festival, not being sold in some creepy booth in the basement.

A Fish Story
Wacky monkeys, dogs and sharks are standard ingredients at the marché but where them fish at? They’re here! Although, sadly, we’re missing a shot of a young girl giving the “What are you even like!!!” look to a big old bass.

Gibby
Did you imagine even the most minor movie monkeys don’t have first-name brand recognition these days? Well, think again. For you really don’t want to piss off the star of Gibby, not with her reputation – and her entourage.

La Trampa
The tagline reads like a drunk horoscope; the picture suggests dogging in a picture-framers involving a sailor, a clown and a postman. “It could happen to you!” Lucky, lucky us.

Shark Exorcist
Movies are known for inventing niche jobs that would never actually exist but we would like to live in a world where a shark exorcist is a thing. Maybe he or she could send all dumbass B-movies involving sharks straight to hell.

gag 20th May 2016 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 490895)
Satanic sharks and killer donuts: best of the worst film posters at Cannes 2016 | Film | The Guardian

Featured films:

Attack of the Killer Donuts
Ever said you’d die for a Krispy Kreme? Here’s the movie to prove that arterial clogging isn’t the only risk of these sweet treats. In fact, it may be an artfully disguised public health broadcast.

Operation Neighborhood Watch
At the age of 45, Denise Richards is no longer Hollywood’s sexy ingenue, but middle America’s disapproving mom who, from the looks of it, gets to spend an entire film fully-clothed, sighing and rolling her eyes at children. That’s your future, Blake Lively!

Dudes & Dragons
Despite the over-enthused cult that surrounds and frantically masturbates along to Game of Thrones, there are apparently a few major problems that can be easily fixed in just one film. More dragons! More dudes! More booty! Less budget!

Sam
Tom Hooper’s Oscar-bait trans biopic The Danish Girl was so politely told that we half-expected the director himself to offer us a cup of tea at the end. Which is why we would take this obnoxious-looking comedy, with seriously skewed logic, as a palate-cleanser until Hollywood finally works out how to deal with LGBT issues with the requisite intellect.

Painkillers
One has to admire the insanely arrogant assumptions made by this poster. It’s the new CARRY SLEE! You know, from the people who made REGRET! With all those names at the bottom that could just be a list of on-set cleaners!

Breaking Legs
Legs will break! We can’t quite tell if this is an inspirational dance flick or a gruesome body horror. Either way, we admire the use of the Cannes logo in the corner, usually reserved for films selected as part of the festival, not being sold in some creepy booth in the basement.

A Fish Story
Wacky monkeys, dogs and sharks are standard ingredients at the marché but where them fish at? They’re here! Although, sadly, we’re missing a shot of a young girl giving the “What are you even like!!!” look to a big old bass.

Gibby
Did you imagine even the most minor movie monkeys don’t have first-name brand recognition these days? Well, think again. For you really don’t want to piss off the star of Gibby, not with her reputation – and her entourage.

La Trampa
The tagline reads like a drunk horoscope; the picture suggests dogging in a picture-framers involving a sailor, a clown and a postman. “It could happen to you!” Lucky, lucky us.

Shark Exorcist
Movies are known for inventing niche jobs that would never actually exist but we would like to live in a world where a shark exorcist is a thing. Maybe he or she could send all dumbass B-movies involving sharks straight to hell.

Really not sure whats worst the poster, the film, or fact anyone came up with the idea and got funded for it..
Attack of the killer donuts?????
Pft what ever next attack of the killer tomatoes oh hang on thats been done with a sequel as well. The mind boggles :rolleyes::confused:
As bad as the killer condom yes thats a real film by troma
Ive got a idea The jellbaby revenge its about a jelly baby who wants to get eaten and stuck in the person throat and hope they choke for eating his parents. Do you think its a good idea? if so you can donate me and well get the ball rolling. Gee seriously cant see any of these films getting their money back.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th May 2016 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First look at Charlize Theron's villain in Fast 8.

Attachment 178898

gag 20th May 2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 490931)

Attachment 178898

Never seen one of them, yes thats correct 0

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 09:04 AM

Interesting article about the new Ghostbusters film and the idea people dislike the trailers because it stars women and not because it looks crap.

http://yesclash.com/2016/05/20/the-r...ale-feminists/

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 09:11 AM

May be some who feel that way, but not me. It does indeed look crap. A pointless money making exercise, put together by commitee, and a film that no-one asked for, or wants. I couldn't care less that the Ghosbusters are now women. They could be talking farmyard animals and I still wouldn't want see it. Ok, that last part was a lie. That would be an awesome movie!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 490931)

Attachment 178898

With rifles and wearing a Metallica shirt as well. :love:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 490969)
May be some who feel that way, but not me. It does indeed look crap. A pointless money making exercise, put together by commitee, and a film that no-one asked for, or wants. I couldn't care less that the Ghosbusters are now women. They could be talking farmyard animals and I still wouldn't want see it. Ok, that last part was a lie. That would be an awesome movie!

As the author says, the minority are the misogynists, but the vast majority of people are slating it because it looks like a turd, not because of who are playing the Ghostbusters.