Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

SymbioticFunction 12th July 2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 541389)

Last year, it was being reported that Tarantino was working on a 1930's "Bonnie and Clyde" style film set in Australia. This year, it's the Manson murders! Will be interesting to see which project, the writer and director ends up going with. I'm just relieved that he's not making yet another cowboy film. btw Can't help but think that it could be incredibly bad taste to show the fact-based (heavily pregnant) Sharon Tate murder. Would be very contraversial.

Rik 12th July 2017 12:08 PM

I think any take on the events surrounding the murders will prove controversial, unless he's gonna focus on the trial and aftermath. I'm interested either way, 1) because I'm a big Tarantino fan and 2) I really enjoyed Vincent Bugliosi's Helter Skelter book, read it a couple of times

keirarts 12th July 2017 12:20 PM

A lot of times Tarantino makes his films somewhat roundabout. I would imagine it'd be something that jumps back before and after if he did it at all. It also might be BS.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 12:40 PM

I think the only film I've seen which entirely focuses on the Manson family and the murderers is Leslie, My Name Is Evil, with some releases calling it Manson Girl. The British DVD is barebones, but the film is really good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 01:34 PM

I thought he'd be doing his third western. He said all along he was making three.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 541423)
I thought he'd be doing his third western. He said all along he was making three.

Tarantino has also said he's going to retire from filmmaking soon, so who knows?!

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 541425)
Tarantino has also said he's going to retire from filmmaking scene, so who knows?!

I know that if his film glorifies or attempts to make Manson cool in any way that i won't be watching it.

Rik 12th July 2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 541426)
I know that if his film glorifies or attempts to make Manson cool in any way that i won't be watching it.

I doubt even he would dare do something as shocking as that

SymbioticFunction 12th July 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

I think we would only have to worry about that if Rob Zombie was the director.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 541428)
I doubt even he would dare do something as shocking as that

I don't think Natural Born Killers was based on any duo in particular, though the similarities to the Starkweather-Fugate murders (which also inspired Badlands) are almost impossible to ignore so, along with killers in just about all his movies, Tarantino has form in making 'cool killers'.

Charles Manson should be depicted as a repugnant human being, but it is entirely possible that a Tarantino film about him will feature some witty dialogue and other behaviour which is imitable and not wholly repellent.