Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Inspector Abberline 30th July 2017 05:59 PM

6 DAYS Official Trailer

sas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABJ7nNQhrs

gag 31st July 2017 09:37 PM

135 min plus there will be a sequel

More details here

Official Runtime For Stephen King's 'IT' Remake Revealed

BBFC, an organization responsible for the classification and censorship of films and related media in the United Kingdom, has revealed that the film will be approximately 135 minutes long.

Unlike Stephen King’s original novel and the 1990 television miniseries, which combined both narratives in a single story, the remake will focus solely on the children and will later be followed by a sequel centered on the adults as they defeat the evil clown Pennywise for good.

Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel. A group of young kids face their biggest fears when they seek answers to the disappearance of children in their hometown of Derry, Maine. They square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries.

Directed by Andy Muschietti, the film stars Finn Wolfhard, Jaeden Lieberher, Wyatt Olef, Jack Grazer, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, and Bill Skarsgård.

IT will be released in theaters on September 8, 2017

trebor8273 31st July 2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 544499)
135 min plus there will be a sequel

More details here

Official Runtime For Stephen King's 'IT' Remake Revealed

BBFC, an organization responsible for the classification and censorship of films and related media in the United Kingdom, has revealed that the film will be approximately 135 minutes long.

Unlike Stephen King’s original novel and the 1990 television miniseries, which combined both narratives in a single story, the remake will focus solely on the children and will later be followed by a sequel centered on the adults as they defeat the evil clown Pennywise for good.

Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel. A group of young kids face their biggest fears when they seek answers to the disappearance of children in their hometown of Derry, Maine. They square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries.

Directed by Andy Muschietti, the film stars Finn Wolfhard, Jaeden Lieberher, Wyatt Olef, Jack Grazer, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, and Bill Skarsgård.

IT will be released in theaters on September 8, 2017

Its not really a sequel , don't why they used that word it's just part 2. It's a long time since I read the book but wasn't it two parts,one when they were kids and when the returned as adults?

A sequel to me would be a sequel to IT.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st July 2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 544504)
Its not really a sequel , don't why they used that word it's just part 2. It's a long time since I read the book but wasn't it two parts,one when they were kids and when the returned as adults?

A sequel to me would be a sequel to IT.

I think the novel alternates between stories about children and adults – I'm not sure it's a linear storyline. As such, it makes sense to adapt a book of that size into two separate films rather than make one bloated film or a shorter one which does a huge disservice to the source material.

gag 3rd August 2017 08:11 PM

Here first lot of reviews to the Dark Tower

And their not really that good ,more of a thumbs down than a thumbs up .

The Dark Tower's first reviews are in — is it a Stephen King classic or supernatural sludge?

Demoncrat 3rd August 2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 544516)
I think the novel alternates between stories about children and adults – I'm not sure it's a linear storyline. As such, it makes sense to adapt a book of that size into two separate films rather than make one bloated film or a shorter one which does a huge disservice to the source material.

Indeed it does. (That's why it's bleedin' long :laugh:)
At times you are wrenched away from some quite exciting stuff whilst King works through yet another childhood trauma .... I digress. But this is how he writes or at least did with the later books ... I do still want to reread Salems Lot . I never noticed it because I was so callow it seems. He just annoys me now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd August 2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 544891)
Indeed it does. (That's why it's bleedin' long :laugh:)
At times you are wrenched away from some quite exciting stuff whilst King works through yet another childhood trauma .... I digress. But this is how he writes or at least did with the later books ... I do still want to reread Salems Lot . I never noticed it because I was so callow it seems. He just annoys me now.

I thought that was the case there was actual. The reason for my uncertainty is I've been listening to the audiobook at night, hoping it sends me to sleep, but also finding the story fascinating and probably staying awake more than I should!

My reason for thinking the book is non-chronological was because I remember hearing the passage with Ben being attacked by Henry's gang and the next thing I remember was listening to Beverley's violent confrontation with Tom Rogan and there is no way I could have been asleep long enough to miss several decades!

Demoncrat 3rd August 2017 09:15 PM

Indeed. Which isn't very cinematic. I understand that :lol:
Most Lovecraft isn't 'cinematic' either .... a series of correspondence culminating in a visit? Thrilling sounding stuff!!! (The Whisperer In Darkness ;))
I bleedin' digress.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2017 09:52 PM

Eli Roth directs... Bruce Willis stars... AC/DC soundtrack... Death Wish!

This looks good to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPLw7I06eY

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th August 2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 545057)
Eli Roth directs... Bruce Willis stars... AC/DC soundtrack... Death Wish!

This looks good to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPLw7I06eY

Seen a lot of comments today and yesterday saying it looks crap. I think it looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of the Charlie Bronson Death Wish movies.