Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 490973)
As the author says, the minority are the misogynists, but the vast majority of people are slating it because it looks like a turd, not because of who are playing the Ghostbusters.

What about if you think they just chose the wrong women?

Those effects look quite poor for a modern big screen production. The jokes just don't connect either.

J Harker 21st May 2016 11:53 AM

The original focused as much if not more on the story and supernatural mythology than the jokes which just flowed naturally. This looks like a comedy that sort of happens to be about ghost hunting. There's nothing wrong particularly with the four actresses but it looks like they could just as well be pest exterminators or interior decorators or whatever.

iank 21st May 2016 11:01 PM

It looks like a typical modern "comedy", i.e brain dead and terminally unfunny. And no, I'm sorry, but the cast suck too. If you're really going to do an "all female" movie (though the idea is itself a pointless and blatant ideological stunt rather than done with any motivation to make a good film) don't fill it with actresses who suck and aren't funny.
Reboots suck anyway. Sucky reboot+modern"comedy"vibe+unappealingcast = me staying home. :nod::pop2:

gag 22nd May 2016 12:00 AM

Ill probably watch it,

In about 2yrs time when nowt on tv and sod all else to watch.

:pound: you cant think for a second i was being serious as in going cinema to watch it noooooooope

gag 24th May 2016 04:00 PM

Django lives, and he’s still played by Franco Nero.

I can tell you that John Sayles, one of my all time favorite directors, has agreed to direct “Django Lives.” It was announced last October that he’d write the screenplay.

“Django Lives” has nothing to do with Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” This film will be the third to star Franco Nero as the title character. It’s set 50 years after the first movie. Django is now a horse handler and an extra on the set of D.W. Griffith’s “Birth of a Nation.”

Louis Black, Carolyn Pfeiffer, David Hollander and Nancy P. Sanders are the producers.

Sayles, of course, has a long list of great films including “Lone Star,” “Passion Fish,” “Return of the Secaucus 7,” “Matewan,” “Eight Men Out” and “Silver City.” Hard to believe, but he’ll be 66 years old this September when he starts shooting “Django Lives.” He’s due a lot of lifetime awards already and some real recognition as an outstanding filmmaker. I can’t wait to see this one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491334)
Django lives, and he’s still played by Franco Nero.

I can tell you that John Sayles, one of my all time favorite directors,

What are your faves then gag?

I've only seen Lone Star and that was a long time ago.

gag 24th May 2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491341)
What are your faves then gag?

I've only seen Lone Star and that was a long time ago.

Lol i didnt write that i just copied and pasted the page.
But tbh ive only seen original django :hide: keep meaning to but never seen any anywhere to buy and i dont have money to go out splashing lots of money for films hence why i buy them cheap out of shops or of people from sites like this.
Keep meaning to but lack of money and time stops me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491353)
Lol i didnt write that i just copied and pasted the page.

You should put stuff like that inside quote tags then we know. ;)

Like i didn't already. :pound:

gag 24th May 2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491359)
You should put stuff like that inside quote tags then we know. ;)

Like i didn't already. :pound:

My lack of writting skill, punctuation marks etc gives it away.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491361)
My lack of writting skill, punctuation marks etc gives it away.

It was the first ever post of yours that I could fully understand! ;) :D

gag 24th May 2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 491398)
It was the first ever post of yours that I could fully understand! ;) :D

Erm thanks, im bad but im not that bad.
Ah well there's worse things in life to worry about.
I could pick faults with other people myself but i dont care.;);):):lol::nod::tongue1:

gag 27th May 2016 07:54 PM

First Independence Day 2 Clip Brings Back Brent Spiner as Dr. Okun

trebor8273 27th May 2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491777)

Didn't he die in the first one?

Susan Foreman 28th May 2016 01:25 PM

British mod movie Quadrophenia sequel is being made - 37 years after the original - Mirror Online

Cast of Quadrophenia reunite for a NEW film 37 years on | Daily Mail Online

gag 28th May 2016 04:21 PM

Im undecided on big films like this, is or isnt it a good idea because they got a lot to live upto and most time is seems to dissapoint, but they have got more or less everyone who was involved in the original which is a good start. I wont dismiss it but i shall look forward to it tho, im always skeptic on films that have a sequel years on, bit like the trainspotting sequel.

J Harker 28th May 2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491842)
Im undecided on big films like this, is or isnt it a good idea because they got a lot to live upto and most time is seems to dissapoint, but they have got more or less everyone who was involved in the original which is a good start. I wont dismiss it but i shall look forward to it tho, im always skeptic on films that have a sequel years on, bit like the trainspotting sequel.

I've never seen nor have much interest in watching the original so a sequel is lost on me.

gag 28th May 2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491860)
I've never seen nor have much interest in watching the original so a sequel is lost on me.

Tut tut tut shame on you :whip:
Classic British film.
But guess if not interested then you aint interested, suppose few films im like that with i guess, :nod: no interest in watching evil dead remake despite all the positive reviews on the film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491861)
Tut tut tut shame on you :whip:
Classic British film.
But guess if not interested then you aint interested, suppose few films im like that with i guess, :nod: no interest in watching evil dead remake despite all the positive reviews on the film.

Here's a two word, non-positive review of the Evil Dead remake for you, gag.

It's shit!

gag 28th May 2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491869)

It's shit!

Cheers gives more incentive now to not watch it :lol:

J Harker 28th May 2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491869)

It's shit!

Unusual, but i completely disagree with you Dem. I really enjoyed the Evil Dead remake.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491891)
Unusual, but i completely disagree with you Dem. I really enjoyed the Evil Dead remake.

Interesting. I hope others chip in with their verdict cos i'm interested to see if it's another one of my movie abominations that everyone else loves.

J Harker 28th May 2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491894)
Interesting. I hope others chip in with their verdict cos i'm interested to see if it's another one of my movie abominations that everyone else loves.

As i recall Rik is a fan. Think Nos hated it though.

nosferatu42 28th May 2016 11:01 PM

I think The Evil dead remake is watchable but no where near as good as the original, didn't see why they had to change the book and the ending was shite.:rolleyes:
If the original didn't exist i'd have probably liked it more, but it does and i don't.
Ash vs the Evil dead is far better.:pop2:

J Harker 28th May 2016 11:03 PM

I still need to finish watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

Susan Foreman 29th May 2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491898)
I still need to finish watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

I still need to start watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead

Frankenhooker 29th May 2016 08:10 AM

The best thing I can say about the Evil Dead remake is that it's serviceable and there have been worse 'reimaginings'. It has none of the wit and imagination Raimi's film had and it kind of just plods on to its conclusion. It is pretty nasty in places, so there's that.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th May 2016 02:02 PM

I thought that The Evil Dead remake was a bland, boring, pointless piece of shit, but each to their own I suppose.

Inspector Abberline 29th May 2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 491918)
I thought that The Evil Dead remake was a bland, boring, pointless piece of shit, but each to their own I suppose.

As usual always sitting on the fence.:screenpunch:

gag 29th May 2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 491922)
As usual always sitting on the fence.:screenpunch:

Im not keen on sitting on the fence its got to many sharp pointed post that can be uncomfortable to sit on.

Deadite 30th May 2016 10:00 AM

Hmm, where to start on the film they call a remake of The Evil Dead?

If they had called it Cabin of Blood of something, it would have been a decent enough straight to rental film. Unfortunately, it isn't, and not only does it fail to live up to the heritage of Raimi's films, it also doesn't work as a homage or a remake as it plows its own furrow rather than working with the mythology that The Evil Dead trilogy has laid down. The remake is undoubtedly nastier than Raimi's films, but then they are comedy horrors, rather than straight-up chillers like the remake.

As my user-name suggests, i'm a massive Evil Dead fan-boy and IMO Evil Dead II does not have an equal as a comedy-horror.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491894)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491896)
As i recall Rik is a fan. Think Nos hated it though.

Correct! I thought it was a hollow, soulless, and pointless 'reimagining' of Sam Raimi's classic film with so many references to make it a remake but with a different reason for the teens being in their cabin. I didn't like any of the characters and found the overreliance on CGI and unusual colour filters irritating more than anything else.

gag 30th May 2016 09:04 PM

Just thought i post this here

Dany aykroyd tweet on new Ghostbusters

WhoSay - #CelebsUnfiltered, Social Celebrities, Entertainment News, Photos, Videos, and Exclusives

nosferatu42 31st May 2016 11:25 AM

Just had a look on Indiegogo at 88films fundraiser, to see if they'd announced anything yet.
Nothing doing.

Noticed there is also a fundraiser on the go for Surrealist animator Jan Svankmajer, for a film called Insects that he says will be his last film, he's 81 at the moment.
It's doing pretty well, but i just thought i'd let people know, if there's any fans out there.:pop2:

Susan Foreman 8th June 2016 05:00 PM

The Who criticise 'ridiculous' Quadrophenia sequel - BBC News

gag 8th June 2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 493321)

Unless im missing something here,
If their trying to get back the original cast and show where they are now then how come its not classed as a sequel?
Surely it is? More than a film that doesnt kinda follow on or have any of original cast.

Susan Foreman 8th June 2016 06:18 PM

It IS classed as a sequel, but it's something that The Who (who recorded the original 'Quadrophenia' album in the 70's) do not want anything to do with it

'Quadrophenia', is a concept album about the MODS and Rockers clashes on Brighton beach in 1964 and the falling apart of Jimmy (a young Mod)

Both the album and the film are products of their time. They are a complete story, and as such do not need a follow up. As Bill Curbishley, the band's manager states in the article: "Quadrophenia is a significant and influential film based on The Who's music, not some Carry On franchise"

gag 9th June 2016 10:42 PM

Hellraiser: Judgment Director Describes New Pinhead; More "Badass" - iHorror

Justin101 13th June 2016 09:21 AM

It seems that Mallrats sequel tentatively titled 'Mallbrats' is no longer going to be a movie but a TV series.

Kevin Smith announces Mallrats TV series ? Empire

I don't know what to think about this, it could be great as I think the episodic nature of Mallrats would work for a limited series of 10 or 13 episodes. Plus Tusk was annoying and Yoga Hosers is getting universally panned across the board so maybe he's lost his touch.

MuckyFunster 13th June 2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 493887)
It seems that Mallrats sequel tentatively titled 'Mallbrats' is no longer going to be a movie but a TV series.

I love *Mallrats* and I love the other classic Kevin Smith films. I even loved Clerks 2! But I can't really imagine a Mallrats TV series being anything other than a sitcom set in a shopping Mall :-/

Also, Clerks the (animated) Tv series was rotten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin101 13th June 2016 10:21 AM

Yeah, I'm not pinning any hopes on it, but I'll reserve my judgement for if or when it gets aired. I'm almost surprised that anyone in Hollywood wants to work with him any more. He lashes out when he makes crap films and gets critically panned for them, throwing his toys out of the pram.