Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th September 2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 552493)
The Limehouse Golem has suddenly come on my radar. Bill Nighy hunting a serial killer in Victorian London. Looks good.:nod:

I really enjoyed it at the cinema, finding it engrossing, really well scripted, directed and has exceptional period design. It's like a cross between The Usual Suspects and From Hell, with a bit of Shutter Island. I'm looking forward to revisiting it at home.

gag 2nd October 2017 07:26 PM

Coming To America 'set to get a sequel' 30 years after the original | Metro News

After almost 30 years, Coming To America is going to be receiving its sequel. Top Gun 2 will give the audience what they want, says Jerry Bruckheimer The 1988 hit movie starring Eddie Murphy is poised for a follow up with a script rewrite from Black-ish creator Kenya Barris with directorial duties falling to Jonathan Levine. Hard to believe it’s been almost 30 years after we watched Eddie’s character Akeem Joffer travel to America to find his Queen. Are you excited for this or not? (Gif: Paramount) Deadline confirms that the Coming To America sequel is finally moving forward with a director, but this isn’t the first news we’ve heard of the film. Earlier this year, word broke that Paramount was developing a sequel with the original film’s writers, Barry Blaustein and David Sheffield, reportedly contracted to pen the long-awaited sequel. The pair’s work will reportedly receive a re-write from Black-ish creator Kenya Barris, who also co-wrote the summer hit Girls Trip which starred Jada Pinkett and Queen Latifah. What has Akeem been up to in the last 30 years? (Gif: Parmount Pictures) John Landis, who directed the original Coming to America, will not be returning for the sequel, with Levine, director of comedies 50/50, Warm Bodies, The Night Before and the more recent Snatched, taking over. In the first film, Eddie played the heir to the fictional country African kingdom of Zamunda. The story follows the prince on his 21st birthday as he runs off with Semmi, played by Arsenio Hall, to American where he falls in love with an American woman. Some fans may be displeased with news of the remake because of its cult following. Back in 2013, Hall and Murphy discussed the possibility of a sequel on Hall’s The Arsenio Hall Show, with Murphy claiming the sequel never happened because the first film kept facing lawsuits due to a man claiming he was the real-life African prince that inspired the story. ‘When Coming to America came out, there was a big bunch of lawsuits,’ said Murphy. ‘I’d be out in the club, and this African dude would roll up and say “I am the real prince! You stole my life from me!” And “I want my money! I’ll kill you!” There were so many lawsuits, so we were like, “hey!

According to reports from Deadline, Eddie is expected to reprise his role, but nothing has been finalized yet. Eddie’s involvement has been a subject of speculation after he posted – and deleted – a tweet on his official account back in May saying he would indeed star in the film. At this point there isn’t even a rumoured date for when the possible Coming to America sequel will hit the theatres.

trebor8273 2nd October 2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 552493)
The Limehouse Golem has suddenly come on my radar. Bill Nighy hunting a serial killer in Victorian London. Looks good.:nod:

Saw it a few weeks ago, very good but I think it had a very limited run at the cinema

gag 2nd October 2017 07:43 PM

Halloween Reboot!! Carpenter and Curtis!?!

Got some exciting news from the geeks at Comingsoon.net! The new "Halloween" film reboot being penned by David Gordon Green and Danny McBride, yes that Danny McBride of Eastbound and Down and comedic fame. The project is being produced by Jason Blum Emmy winner and Producer of "The Purge" films. Why am I excited? Well, they are rallying the original troops... Jamie Lee Curtis is returning as well as John Carpenter... Yes I know what your thinking, Carpenter is probably gonna take a back seat as a producer, as he has done with so many of his "rebooted" films to our horror and not always in the good way! This is however not the case as below Blum declares!

“We don’t take any big steps without his approval, so for instance hiring David and Danny he approved. He approved their pitch, he approved their first script. He approved bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis.

So anytime we make a big creative turn he’s involved with that and we don’t do it without his blessing. We went to him and asked him to be involved. There was no contractual, financial or any other obligation to have him on this movie. We went back and asked him to join us again.”--------Jason Blum stated...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/78662

trebor8273 2nd October 2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 552746)
Coming To America 'set to get a sequel' 30 years after the original | Metro News

After almost 30 years, Coming To America is going to be receiving its sequel. Top Gun 2 will give the audience what they want, says Jerry Bruckheimer The 1988 hit movie starring Eddie Murphy is poised for a follow up with a script rewrite from Black-ish creator Kenya Barris with directorial duties falling to Jonathan Levine. Hard to believe it’s been almost 30 years after we watched Eddie’s character Akeem Joffer travel to America to find his Queen. Are you excited for this or not? (Gif: Paramount) Deadline confirms that the Coming To America sequel is finally moving forward with a director, but this isn’t the first news we’ve heard of the film. Earlier this year, word broke that Paramount was developing a sequel with the original film’s writers, Barry Blaustein and David Sheffield, reportedly contracted to pen the long-awaited sequel. The pair’s work will reportedly receive a re-write from Black-ish creator Kenya Barris, who also co-wrote the summer hit Girls Trip which starred Jada Pinkett and Queen Latifah. What has Akeem been up to in the last 30 years? (Gif: Parmount Pictures) John Landis, who directed the original Coming to America, will not be returning for the sequel, with Levine, director of comedies 50/50, Warm Bodies, The Night Before and the more recent Snatched, taking over. In the first film, Eddie played the heir to the fictional country African kingdom of Zamunda. The story follows the prince on his 21st birthday as he runs off with Semmi, played by Arsenio Hall, to American where he falls in love with an American woman. Some fans may be displeased with news of the remake because of its cult following. Back in 2013, Hall and Murphy discussed the possibility of a sequel on Hall’s The Arsenio Hall Show, with Murphy claiming the sequel never happened because the first film kept facing lawsuits due to a man claiming he was the real-life African prince that inspired the story. ‘When Coming to America came out, there was a big bunch of lawsuits,’ said Murphy. ‘I’d be out in the club, and this African dude would roll up and say “I am the real prince! You stole my life from me!” And “I want my money! I’ll kill you!” There were so many lawsuits, so we were like, “hey!

According to reports from Deadline, Eddie is expected to reprise his role, but nothing has been finalized yet. Eddie’s involvement has been a subject of speculation after he posted – and deleted – a tweet on his official account back in May saying he would indeed star in the film. At this point there isn’t even a rumoured date for when the possible Coming to America sequel will hit the theatres.

Have a feeling it we be called coming back to America

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2017 05:47 PM

Has anyone seen the new Jackie Chan / Pierce Brosnan film The Foreigner? Directed by Bond director Martin Campbell.

It's doing pretty well overseas - cost $35m and made $101m. According to Forbes magazine it's Chan's first wide release since his Rumble in the Bronx heyday. Yet doesn't need a single dollar of American money to have turned a profit.

Susan Foreman 15th October 2017 06:06 PM

This Stunning New 'Gremlins' Poster is LOADED With Horror Easter Eggs - Bloody Disgusting

https://i1.wp.com/bloody-disgusting....gre.jpg?w=1024

gag 15th October 2017 07:17 PM

Like that picture

Almar@Cult Labs 16th October 2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 552755)
Have a feeling it we be called coming back to America

I've always had a mighty soft spot for the original film. It's lightweight stuff but just rides on the charisma of all the people involved and a whole lot of 80s exuberance. Can the sequel be as happily cheesy? Hard to do in this day and age.

Almar@Cult Labs 16th October 2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 554533)
Has anyone seen the new Jackie Chan / Pierce Brosnan film The Foreigner? Directed by Bond director Martin Campbell.

It's doing pretty well overseas - cost $35m and made $101m. According to Forbes magazine it's Chan's first wide release since his Rumble in the Bronx heyday. Yet doesn't need a single dollar of American money to have turned a profit.

I hope it's good. I love Chan - is 80s and much of 90s output was incredible but he did start to turn in some very odd films - especially all those where he plays maudlin and sad but the quality of the opposing characters etc just didn't match. Perhaps this time with Pierce he's got the right match. Pierce has certainly been most effusive with his praise of the man after working with him - way more than the usual junket we all got along so well stuff that doesn't always ring true.