Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3590Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2018, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Looks a bit dodgy imo. I don't have high hopes for this latest Elm Street film.

btw How come the Freddy make-up looks so poor when it's used on different (non-Englund) actors?
Old 5th February 2018, 12:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I’m not seeing any videos, just YouTube links, where’s Nos when you need him to change the links
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th February 2018, 12:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Looks a bit dodgy imo. I don't have high hopes for this latest Elm Street film.

btw How come the Freddy make-up looks so poor when it's used on different (non-Englund) actors?

It’s not a new film, it’s a 3 minute fan made short that came out last year in the form of three trailers on iHorror.com
SymbioticFunction likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th February 2018, 04:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m not seeing any videos, just YouTube links, where’s Nos when you need him to change the links
Hopefully these are visible!

Rik and MrBarlow like this.
Old 5th February 2018, 11:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It’s not a new film, it’s a 3 minute fan made short that came out last year in the form of three trailers on iHorror.com
Oh, okay.
Old 6th February 2018, 03:04 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Not sure how that’s gonna work because Dick O’Halloran is a main character in the book, yet Kubrick killed him off in his version of the Shining.
The novel of The Shining is not the same as the Kubrick film,The Shining Mini Series was more to the Original novel than Kubrick's film ever was.

The Dr Sleep novel begins straight after The Shining Mini Series ended.
Old 6th February 2018, 03:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Recently I've seen lots of reports of people wanting to make the fake Crocodile Dundee trailer into a film , been lots of interest and all the trailers have gone down well.
Don't be surprised if in next few years if its turns up at the cinema

Chris Hemsworth keen on making real Crocodile Dundee film | Daily Mail Online

Isn't just Chris who keen on making a films so are fans of the films .

This is just from one resource , the trailer went down a storm when shown during the Superbowl

This is just part of the write up

'I would definitely be open to it!' Chris Hemsworth is keen to turn Crocodile Dundee Super Bowl commercial into a REAL movie...amid claims he could become Tourism Australia's '$6 billion man'
By Daily Mail Australia Reporter and Hannah Paine For Daily Mail Australia

Sunday's Super Bowl contained many highlights, but few were bigger than Tourism Australia's star-studded Crocodile Dundee 'commercial'.

The advert, which cost $36 million, took the form of a fake movie trailer for a new Dundee film, and featured many of Australia's most famous exports.

Now Chris Hemsworth, who headlined the trailer, has revealed to News.com.au that he'd be interested in turning the advert into a full-length feature film.

'I would definitely be open to it!' Chris Hemsworth is keen to turn Crocodile Dundee Super Bowl commercial into a REAL movie...amid claims he could become Tourism Australia's '$6 billion man' +9
'I would definitely be open to it!' Chris Hemsworth is keen to turn Crocodile Dundee Super Bowl commercial into a REAL movie...amid claims he could become Tourism Australia's '$6 billion man'

'Hearing such a positive response from a fan point of view, I would definitely be open to it,' said the 34-year-old Thor star.

Chris added that he'd need a 'great script' before jumping on board, but admitted he is already thinking about his upcoming schedule and if a Crocodile Dundee reboot could work or not
The blockbuster commercial aired on Sunday to more than 100 million Super Bowl viewers in the US as part of a Tourism Australia campaign targeting American travellers.

The publication reports that Chris could be Tourism Australia's '$6 billion man,' with the ad being worth a whopping $36 million and sales being estimated to reach $6 billion.

The mock movie trailer is the tourism board's biggest single US advertising campaign since Paul Hogan's Come Say G'Day ads in the 1980s.
Old 6th February 2018, 04:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
The novel of The Shining is not the same as the Kubrick film,The Shining Mini Series was more to the Original novel than Kubrick's film ever was.

The Dr Sleep novel begins straight after The Shining Mini Series ended.

I know, which is why I’ve said on here many times that Kubricks film is one of the worst adaptations of King’s work, but still a fantastic film.
I found Dr Sleep to be a chore to get through, took me ages to finish it, which isn’t common when I read his books, hopefully the film will be better, but the source material isn’t all that great to begin with
SilverSurfer likes this.
Old 6th February 2018, 05:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Despite what many people (not me) think about Eli Roth’s upcoming remake of Death Wish, thos new Grindhouse trailer is pretty cool. I’d definitely be up for a version like this when it hits blu-ray.

https://youtu.be/rzOYdNkKINA

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 6th February 2018 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Added additional YouTube link.
Old 6th February 2018, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!