Old 26th January 2019, 12:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Like look of this .

Once upon a time in London

Old 27th January 2019, 12:27 PM
Cult Addict

Just saw this-

I haven't seen "Mandy" but like the look of it, Nicholas Cage is not one of my favourite actors but i like some of his stuff.
The real news here is it's going to be directed by Richard Stanley.

Color Out of Space.

Nicolas Cage and H.P. Lovecraft are finally combining forces. SpectreVision has announced the actor will be starring in “Color Out of Space,” a new adaptation of the legendary author’s short story. The film is set to be the latest collaboration between Cage and SpectreVision, which last year brought audiences the midnight movie sensation “Mandy.”

Although starring Cage and backed by the “Mandy” producing team, “Color Out of Space” boasts a different director: Richard Stanley, who directed the 1990 sci-fi thriller “Hardware” and was the original director of the infamous 1996 version of “The Island of Dr. Moreau.”

“Color Out of Space” will star Cage as a man whose family starts to be affected both physically and psychologically by the crash landing of a meteorite.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 27th January 2019, 04:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Just saw this-

I haven't seen "Mandy" but like the look of it, Nicholas Cage is not one of my favourite actors but i like some of his stuff.

The real news here is it's going to be directed by Richard Stanley.

Color Out of Space.

Nicolas Cage and H.P. Lovecraft are finally combining forces. SpectreVision has announced the actor will be starring in “Color Out of Space,” a new adaptation of the legendary author’s short story. The film is set to be the latest collaboration between Cage and SpectreVision, which last year brought audiences the midnight movie sensation “Mandy.”

Although starring Cage and backed by the “Mandy” producing team, “Color Out of Space” boasts a different director: Richard Stanley, who directed the 1990 sci-fi thriller “Hardware” and was the original director of the infamous 1996 version of “The Island of Dr. Moreau.”

“Color Out of Space” will star Cage as a man whose family starts to be affected both physically and psychologically by the crash landing of a meteorite.
I would have preferred to see cage in an adaptation of the case of Charles dexter ward, but hey nic cage in a lovecraft movie is OK as a whole

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 30th January 2019, 11:30 AM
Cult Master

Peter Jackson to direct a Beatles film | BBC News

"It's a little-known fact that in the 1960s, The Beatles tried to obtain the film rights to The Lord of the Rings.

John Lennon wanted to play Gollum, Paul McCartney would have been Frodo, and the band hoped Stanley Kubrick would direct it.

But their plan came to an abrupt halt when JRR Tolkien refused to play ball.

Now, in a strange twist of fate, a new Beatles film is being directed by Peter Jackson - who finally brought The Lord of the Rings to the big screen in 2001.

The Oscar-winning director will bring to life the tense recording sessions for the band's final album, Let It Be, using 55 hours of unseen studio footage that was shot in 1969.

In a statement, he described the film as "the ultimate 'fly on the wall' experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about".

He said: "It's like a time machine transports us back to 1969, and we get to sit in the studio watching these four friends make great music together."

The footage was originally planned for a television documentary and eventually formed the basis of a feature film, also titled Let It Be.

Although the movie went on to win an Oscar for best original song score, it has long been out of print.

It is thought the band were unhappy with its emphasis on their disagreements in the initial stages of recording Let It Be - sessions which George Harrison described as "the low of all-time" and Lennon simply called "hell".

Jackson's version appears to promise a more upbeat account of the recording process, which later stabilised and culminated with an impromptu gig on the roof of the band's record label Apple Corps in Savile Row, London - which took place exactly 50 years ago, on 30 January 1969.

"I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth," said the director.

"Sure, there's moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it's funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate."

Fears that the Jackson documentary may attempt to rewrite history are unfounded - a restored version of the earlier film will be made available "following the release of this new film", according to The Beatles.

Jackson's film is his first project since the acclaimed documentary They Shall Not Grow Old, which combined colourised footage of World War One with interviews of British servicemen.

The New Zealand-based director has long been a Beatles fan and once said he "grew up with" the band's music.

"I'm not a musical expert - and The Beatles are just about the only music I like," he said at the premiere of Ron Howard's documentary Eight Days a Week in 2016.

Jackson was also one of the first people to confirm the proposed Beatles/Lord of the Rings crossover in a 2002 interview with Wellington's Evening Post.

"It was something John was driving and JRR Tolkien still had the film rights at that stage but he didn't like the idea of the Beatles doing it. So he killed it," he told the newspaper.

"There probably would've been some good songs coming off the album.""

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st February 2019, 04:14 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Up and Coming Films

Seeing a lot of hate for Fast & Furious Presents: HOBBS & SHAW online, but it looks a hell of a lot of fun.

https://youtu.be/9SA7FaKxZVI
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st February 2019, 04:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Seeing a lot of hate for Fast & Furious Presents: HOBBS & SHAW online, but it looks a hell of a lot of fun.

https://youtu.be/9SA7FaKxZVI
Definitely.

Looks awesome to me.

My New Years Eve film sorted already
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st February 2019, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve not seen any of the others, not my thing really, my neighbours dog is called Hobbs and I had to ask him where the name came from because I’d no idea
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st February 2019, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’ve not seen any of the others, not my thing really, my neighbours dog is called Hobbs and I had to ask him where the name came from because I’d no idea
I've seen one no idea which , not my scene either doesn't really interest me.

Like this? Share it using the links below!