Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Dave Boy 2nd April 2019 03:29 PM

Oh man. Took me ages to book a ticket for AVENGERS ENDGAME on the Cineworld website. Site was slow and kept crashing. Lost count how many times I had to log in and pick a seat. I even got to the payment part and it crashes with a server error. Site traffic must be really heavy. Midnight show sold out already.
Anyway, I'm all booked in at last but what a nightmare.

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 600979)
Oh man. Took me ages to book a ticket for AVENGERS ENDGAME on the Cineworld website. Site was slow and kept crashing. Lost count how many times I had to log in and pick a seat. I even got to the payment part and it crashes with a server error. Site traffic must be really heavy. Midnight show sold out already.
Anyway, I'm all booked in at last but what a nightmare.

You're not alone!

The following appeared in the Portsmouth Evening News. [I have pasted it because it's probably hidden behind a pay-wall thing]

"Portsmouth movie fans facing hour plus wait to book Avengers: Endgame tickets online for Vue in Gunwharf Quays

TICKETS for the Avengers: Endgame have gone on sale and cinema fans are facing lengthy online queues if they want to book them.

The main cinema in Portsmouth city centre is Vue at Gunwharf Quays and due to the overwhelming demand its website is warning it will take over an hour to book tickets.

Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to 2018’s Infinity War, comes out on Thursday, April 25.

Fans have eagerly waited a year to find out the conclusion to the previous film’s blockbuster cliff-hanger which ended with half the life in the universe being wiped out.

Tickets became available today and cinema websites have been struggling to cope with the influx in demand

On the Vue website customers are faced with a message that reads: ‘We are currently using a virtual queue as a result of exceptional demand.

‘Your queue time is displayed below. Thank you for your patience.

‘Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour


While any customers attempting to book tickets for showings at the Odeon cinema in Port Solent are greeted with a ‘Error 503 Service Unavailable’ message on the website."


https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pe...5vreiC_BW7vejs

Dave Boy 2nd April 2019 05:20 PM

Yeah, It's was hell!
I had that server 503 message as well.
When I got through to one cinema screen, it was nearly empty with seats but you just could not book a seat because when you clicked it crashed.
One time all was well until I clicked to send my payment and the server crashed at that exact moment.
It must have taken me at least an hour of mucking around as well before I got a ticket.

Susan Foreman 3rd April 2019 05:06 PM

The first trailer for 'Joker'

It's hardly 'laugh-a-minute' stuff!


nosferatu42 3rd April 2019 05:08 PM

I just watched that, i was unsure when i heard about it but to me it actually looks pretty interesting.
Looks a lot better than the shitty suicide squad version of the Joker.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2019 05:59 PM

Looks a hell of a lot better than Thanos and all that cosmic bollocks.

Dave Boy 3rd April 2019 06:06 PM

He looks quite freaky in some of those shots. His body looks all twisted.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 601055)
He looks quite freaky in some of those shots. His body looks all twisted.

Yeah, the trailer has that Gotham tv series vibe. I thought that was superb, hopefully DC keep their superheroes more down to earth as in my opinion that works better.

I did like the early MCU films, but they've just become ridiculous. Avengers Assemble is a genuine 9/10.

Rik 3rd April 2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601056)
Yeah, the trailer has that Gotham tv series vibe. I thought that was superb, hopefully DC keep their superheroes more down to earth as in my opinion that works better.



I did like the early MCU films, but they've just become ridiculous. Avengers Assemble is a genuine 9/10.


I watched Guardians 2 and Ant-Man for the first time last weekend and thought they were brilliant, both really funny :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 601059)
I watched Guardians 2 and Ant-Man for the first time last weekend and thought they were brilliant, both really funny :nod:

Both Ant Man films are decent. Again though they are down to earth affairs.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.