Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree3578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2019, 09:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just seen this looks like Black Christmas has been remade, Again.
Seriously, I know the 2006 version as no masterpiece to the original 1974 but was watchable enough, filmmakers running out of original story lines again?
Old 13th June 2019, 10:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

You have got to be fecking kidding me.
What a bunch of terminal assholes.

Old 13th June 2019, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
You have got to be fecking kidding me.
What a bunch of terminal assholes.

But, but, but...it's from the producers of Get Out so it's bound to be the best thing since the last crap they made.
iank likes this.
Old 13th June 2019, 10:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
But, but, but...it's from the producers of Get Out so it's bound to be the best thing since the last crap they made.
Which is more majority of films these days.
iank likes this.
Old 13th June 2019, 10:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here the confirmation .

https://www.ihorror.com/black-christ...this-december/

Black Christmas’ Remake Coming from Blumhouse this December

Horror haven Blumhouse has announced a remake of the 1974 classic Black Christmas. The project has set an opening date of December 13, 2019.

Sophia Takal (V/H/S) will direct the film according to The Hollywood Reporter, and will star Imogen Poots (Green Room), Aleyse Shannon (Charmed), Lily Donoghue (Less Than Zero), Brittany O’Grady (The Messengers), and Caleb Eberhardt (Happy!).

This marks the second remake of the original film. The last came in 2006 starring Michelle Trachtenberg, and was panned by audiences and critics alike. It simply didn’t have the magic or suspense of that original film.

Black Christmas centers on a group of sorority sisters who begin receiving mysterious obscene phone calls as they prepare for the holidays. Little do they know that the calls are coming from a deranged killer who begins picking the sisters off one at a time.

That original film was a suspenseful masterpiece that has kept audiences on the edge of their seats for over four decades. It also boasted an all-star cast including Olivia Hussey (IT), Keir Dullea (2001: A Space Odyssey), Margot Kidder (Superman), and Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding). Martin also appeared in the 2006 remake.

While it’s unclear how the studio will approach the film, it actually seems like a perfect fit for the studio after the success of last year’s Halloween.

All eyes will be on Black Christmas and Blumhouse on this one, and iHorror will keep you posted on all the latest news and details as they become available.
Old 13th June 2019, 11:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Banana splits horror movie.

Old 14th June 2019, 09:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Here the confirmation .

https://www.ihorror.com/black-christ...this-december/

Black Christmas’ Remake Coming from Blumhouse this December

Horror haven Blumhouse has announced a remake of the 1974 classic Black Christmas. The project has set an opening date of December 13, 2019.

Sophia Takal (V/H/S) will direct the film according to The Hollywood Reporter, and will star Imogen Poots (Green Room), Aleyse Shannon (Charmed), Lily Donoghue (Less Than Zero), Brittany O’Grady (The Messengers), and Caleb Eberhardt (Happy!).

This marks the second remake of the original film. The last came in 2006 starring Michelle Trachtenberg, and was panned by audiences and critics alike. It simply didn’t have the magic or suspense of that original film.

Black Christmas centers on a group of sorority sisters who begin receiving mysterious obscene phone calls as they prepare for the holidays. Little do they know that the calls are coming from a deranged killer who begins picking the sisters off one at a time.

That original film was a suspenseful masterpiece that has kept audiences on the edge of their seats for over four decades. It also boasted an all-star cast including Olivia Hussey (IT), Keir Dullea (2001: A Space Odyssey), Margot Kidder (Superman), and Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding). Martin also appeared in the 2006 remake.

While it’s unclear how the studio will approach the film, it actually seems like a perfect fit for the studio after the success of last year’s Halloween.

All eyes will be on Black Christmas and Blumhouse on this one, and iHorror will keep you posted on all the latest news and details as they become available.
If it's announced in June and released in December the same year...won't that make it a pretty rushed effort?
Old 14th June 2019, 09:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If it's announced in June and released in December the same year...won't that make it a pretty rushed effort?
It’s probably already completed, just been kept secret like they did with Blair Witch

Doesn’t mean it won’t be a load of rubbish though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th June 2019, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran

You are all so pessimistic

I bet you it's better than the last attempt

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th June 2019, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It’s probably already completed, just been kept secret like they did with Blair Witch

Doesn’t mean it won’t be a load of rubbish though
Bad or rubbish either way some of us will watch it to see out of curiosity to see if it's going to be as bad as we think, who knows might and say might loosely be pleasantly surprised.

Like this? Share it using the links below!