Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 472736)

#17 Neon Demon.

Sounds interesting. A Winding-Refn horror film. I'm looking forward to see Keanu Reeves staring into the distance for two hours.

keirarts 3rd January 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 472750)
Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch plays a transgender character

Zoolander 2 trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'cartoonish' transgender character leads to calls for boycott | News | Culture | The Independent

Must admit that I did enjoy the first film

Is it me or are people getting hyper sensitive in this modern age. At least wait until the film is out to see if its offensive or not. Its really hard to gauge from a brief clip in a trailer.

gag 3rd January 2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 472769)
Is it me or are people getting hyper sensitive in this modern age. At least wait until the film is out to see if its offensive or not. Its really hard to gauge from a brief clip in a trailer.

Because film industry churns out so many rubbish crap these days, i tend to get excited at 0% of films now . I just wait and see and expect the worst Especialy when they announce stuff like Indiana jones 5 i just groan to myself inside.

These films are ok if the lead actors where still in there prime but there not.
And film industry just seems to churn out remakes, sequels, spin off reboots and nothing but superheroe shit that based of a marvel or dc comic. If they did a bit more making a decent film and good story line like eg original superman then that be fine. But t they just seem to think if they got special effects, cgi, action, money, actors, etc with shit humour chucked in itl be ok..... Well its not. Each to their own in taste in films but lets be fair over 90%of ppl are complaining or moaning about the film industry these days and harp on how they dont make films like they use to.
I detest films like Iron man but each to their own, but at the moment the film industry is more superheroe stuff than anything else these days.
Dont get me wrong there is some good films out there but the crap outweigh the good
And some films you enjoy but only because its good and better than whats on offer at the moment..
Im not saying im right and we all have our own opinion but thats mine.

keirarts 3rd January 2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 472772)
Because film industry churns out so many rubbish crap these days, i tend to get excited at 0% of films now . I just wait and see and expect the worst Especialy when they announce stuff like Indiana jones 5 i just groan to myself inside.

These films are ok if the lead actors where still in there prime but there not.
And film industry just seems to churn out remakes, sequels, spin off reboots and nothing but superheroe shit that based of a marvel or dc comic. If they did a bit more making a decent film and good story line like eg original suoerman then that be fine. Bit they just seem to think if they got special effects, cgi, action, money, actors, etc with shit humour chucked in itl be ok..... Well its not. Each to their own in taste in films but lets be fair over 90%of ppl are complaining or moaning about the film industry these days and harp on how they dont make films like they use to.
I detest films like Iron man but each to their own, but at the moment the film industry is more superheroe stuff than anything else these days.
Dont get me wrong there is some good films out there but the crap outweigh the good
And some films you enjoy but only because its good and better than whats on offer at the moment..
Im not saying im right and we all have our own opinion amd thats mine.

Its not about the film industry in general, I was more questioning the idea of boycotting a film that's not been released based on a few minutes of trailer over its depiction of a trans woman. Perhaps it'll be as offensive as Ace Ventura, perhaps not. It seems people are a bit too eager to be offended.

As for the state of modern cinema... each to their own. I like the superhero stuff but then I was a big comics nerd growing up. Thing is these complaints are as old as cinema itslef. I remember the same complaints over big summer blockbusters in the 90's and 80's. Generally Hollywood likes big overblown spectacle to rake in the money. It then uses this money on riskier less mainstream material. I have a soft spot for overblown summer blockbusters and stuff like star wars, I consider them guilty pleasures.

gag 3rd January 2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 472773)
Its not about the film industry in general, I was more questioning the idea of boycotting a film that's not been released based on a few minutes of trailer over its depiction of a trans woman. Perhaps it'll be as offensive as Ace Ventura, perhaps not. It seems people are a bit too eager to be offended.

As for the state of modern cinema... each to their own. I like the superhero stuff but then I was a big comics nerd growing up. Thing is these complaints are as old as cinema itslef. I remember the same complaints over big summer blockbusters in the 90's and 80's. Generally Hollywood likes big overblown spectacle to rake in the money. It then uses this money on riskier less mainstream material. I have a soft spot for overblown summer blockbusters and stuff like star wars, I consider them guilty pleasures.

Lol how can ppl be offended over ace ventura and some bad taste comedies, but defend films like Human centipede or a serbian film, its a strange world we live in.
Dont get me wrong i do to some degree like odd superhero film but they seem to be churning them out to quick and to many eg avengers.
I was really trying to make point of conentrate on a good decent storyline instead of throwing tonnes of action, cgi, money, and actors at the films.

After all lets be fair thats why most j horrors works because they concentrate on story tension atmopshere etc etc etc.

iank 4th January 2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 472772)
Because film industry churns out so many rubbish crap these days, i tend to get excited at 0% of films now . I just wait and see and expect the worst Especialy when they announce stuff like Indiana jones 5 i just groan to myself inside.

These films are ok if the lead actors where still in there prime but there not.
And film industry just seems to churn out remakes, sequels, spin off reboots and nothing but superheroe shit that based of a marvel or dc comic. If they did a bit more making a decent film and good story line like eg original superman then that be fine. But t they just seem to think if they got special effects, cgi, action, money, actors, etc with shit humour chucked in itl be ok..... Well its not. Each to their own in taste in films but lets be fair over 90%of ppl are complaining or moaning about the film industry these days and harp on how they dont make films like they use to.
I detest films like Iron man but each to their own, but at the moment the film industry is more superheroe stuff than anything else these days.
Dont get me wrong there is some good films out there but the crap outweigh the good
And some films you enjoy but only because its good and better than whats on offer at the moment..
Im not saying im right and we all have our own opinion but thats mine.


I'm more excited about the positive hoard of 70s movies I'm hoping to pick up sometime (I can't afford to get them all at once) than almost anything out this year.
I'm old and tired and passed it. :xmastongue::snowball:

gag 5th January 2016 10:33 AM

Oh look anoother film not to look forward to

Thud... Just hang on while i bang my head against the brick wall and sob.
Michael Bay Confirmed To Direct Transformers 5 | Comicbook.com

Almar@Cult Labs 5th January 2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 472760)
#17 Neon Demon.

Sounds interesting. A Winding-Refn horror film. I'm looking forward to see Keanu Reeves staring into the distance for two hours.

It's gonna be something special for the retinas for sure! :loveeyes:

mr 420 5th January 2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 472956)
It's gonna be something special for the retinas for sure! :loveeyes:

Is anybody else worried that Keanu's character is called Andy Milligan?

Justin101 5th January 2016 07:05 PM

Cineworld is apparently not screening Tarantino's The Hateful Eight in the UK

Looks like I wont be seeing Tarantino on the big screen because Cineworld (who own Picturehouse (my local)) have thrown their toys out of the pram due to Odeon Leicester Square showing a 70mm print. Even though we have an Odeon in town it's always full of ruffians and I'd rather not go there!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.