Old 13th August 2019, 08:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"Dolemite is my name, and f*ckin' up motherf*ckers is my game!"

Looks really good. With this and Coming to America 2 (or Coming 2 America if that turns out to be the title), it looks like Eddie Murphy could be on the rise again.
Old 13th August 2019, 09:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Looks really good. With this and Coming to America 2 (or Coming 2 America if that turns out to be the title), it looks like Eddie Murphy could be on the rise again.
It does look funny, Coming 2 America? Omg.. I love the 1st one so much.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th August 2019, 09:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
It does look funny, Coming 2 America? Omg.. I love the 1st one so much.

I think the sequel will be worth the wait. From the Director of Dolemite is my name and Hustle & Flow, plus Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, Shari Headley, John Amos, Louis Anderson, Paul Bates & Vanessa Bell Calloway reprising their roles.
Old 14th August 2019, 09:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"Dolemite is my name, and f*ckin' up motherf*ckers is my game!"

That looks like a very well researched and funny love letter to the exploitation cinema, specifically Dolemite. It'll be interesting to see whether it has a widespread cinema release or whether that will just be a premiere a week before it is available to watch on Netflix.
Old 14th August 2019, 02:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think the sequel will be worth the wait. From the Director of Dolemite is my name and Hustle & Flow, plus Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, Shari Headley, John Amos, Louis Anderson, Paul Bates & Vanessa Bell Calloway reprising their roles.
I didn't think the sequel involved Murphy? I read somewhere it was about a totally different character played by Wesley Snipes I think.
Old 14th August 2019, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I didn't think the sequel involved Murphy? I read somewhere it was about a totally different character played by Wesley Snipes I think.

No, Wesley Snipes has just been confirmed to star in it as well as Murphy and those mentioned above
J Harker likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th August 2019, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Matrix 4

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...FEilUfKbsOBTUk

HOME FILM NEWS AUGUST 20, 2019 1:09PM PT

‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski (EXCLUSIVE)
‘GLOW’ Star Betty Gilpin in Talks to Join Chris Pratt in ‘Ghost Draft’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Plot details are currently unknown, as is how the role of Morpheus will be handled, originally played by Laurence Fishburne. Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

Wachowski is represented by WME, Circle of Confusion and attorney Peter Grossman. Reeves is represented by WME and Ziffren Brittenham. Moss is represented by WME, longtime manager Elizabeth Hodgson and attorney Bob Lange.
Old 21st August 2019, 12:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...s-going-happy/

t’s hard to know what exactly is going on with director Nia DaCosta‘s Candyman, which has been described as a “spiritual sequel” to the original film. It had initially been reported that Aquaman actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II had been cast to play the new Candyman, and though he has indeed been cast in the movie, DaCosta recently clarified that report.

“Well, it’s been slightly misreported,” DaCosta told Collider. “I can’t say what’s happening in the film because we want it to be a surprise, but he’s not replacing Tony Todd. That’s been reported, and I was just like, “I don’t know what to say about this. This is not right.’”

DaCosta’s tease of a surprise here seems to suggest that maybe Tony Todd will make some kind of appearance in the new movie, and what we do know for sure is that Todd and producer Jordan Peele have now had some kind of conversation about the project. Speaking with Forbes as part of an interview piece you should read, Todd teases that fans will be pleased.

“In Jordan Peele’s case I really like what I’ve seen of his work so far. I have full confidence in that remake being in competent hands and he and I have talked,” the horror icon told the website. “I can’t say anything further than that, but I think the fans are going to be happy.”

This is of course pure speculation on our part, but it definitely seems like the door has been left open for Todd to make some kind of return here. How awesome would that be?!

If Beale Street Could Talk actress Teyonah Parris will reportedly play the girlfriend of an art dealer obsessed with the legend of Candyman in the Jordan Peele-produced film.

The new movie returns to the neighborhood where the legend began: the now-gentrified section of Chicago where the Cabrini-Green housing projects once stood.

Jordan Peele wrote the script with Win Rosenfeld.

MGM will bring Candyman back to life on June 12, 2020

Like this? Share it using the links below!