Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree3589Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2019, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The only good news about this is the fact he’s not going to shit all over the Ghostbusters franchise again!

N.B I’ve not actually seen his Ghostbusters film, but the trailer was bad enough and everyone I know who loves the original films has warned me to stay away from it, which I intend on doing!
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th September 2019, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Universal are really determined too kill "the dark universe" franchise before even gets off the ground , first the mummy and now this. mind I did think it had died with the mummy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...cid=spartanntp
They're starting over again. The Mummy no longer counts, they're doing them as lower budget horrors with Bumhouse, with the first one being Leigh Whannel's The Invisible Man.
Old 21st September 2019, 06:37 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Rob Zombie's 3 From Hell is out on 14th October on dvd and BD.
Extra features on both DVD and Blu-Ray are:

Audio Commentary: Rob Zombie
To Hell and Back: The Making of 3 from Hell: - Extensive full length documentary with a run time 90 minutes

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2019, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill reunite for third Jurassic World film

The three original Jurassic Park stars will join the latest sequel, to be directed by Jurassic World’s Colin Trevorrow

In a move designed to boost interest in the third Jurassic World film, producers have announced that Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill – stars of the original Jurassic Park blockbuster – will appear in the new instalment.

According to Deadline, the three actors will reprise their roles from the Steven Spielberg-directed dinosaur film, released in 1993 to record box office. Goldblum played mathematician Ian Malcolm, utterer of the celebrated line “Life finds a way”, while Dern and Neill played paleontologists Ellie Sattler and Alan Grant.

The Jurassic World spin-off series began in 2015, after the disappointing commercial performance of The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, and proved a substantial box-office success, taking $1.7bn worldwide for Jurassic World and $1.3bn for its 2018 follow-up, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Currently known as Jurassic World 3, the new film will be directed by Colin Trevorrow (returning to the series after stepping aside for JA Bayona for Fallen Kingdom), and stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. It is due to start shooting next year, with a planned release date of 11 June 2021.

Interest in the film has also been stoked by the release of an eight-minute Jurassic World spin-off short film, titled Battle at Big Rock, directed by Trevorrow.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...sic-world-film

Old 25th September 2019, 03:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Superb stuff.

Can't wait.
Old 25th September 2019, 08:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Superb stuff.

Can't wait.
That short is superb. It is everything brilliant about the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World condensed into eight minutes. I love the way the protagonists aren't the usual people who go into a theme park and somehow deserve what they get, the everyday nature of the dinosaurs' presence and the ending is extremely well handled.

If the film is as good, it will be the best of the entire franchise.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th September 2019, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

11 June 2021.

Why do they give dates ?
Because if it flops or gets bad reviews then they moan they was rushed for the deadline, has happened several times its not like a product from a firm to a company where they got deadlines to meet, music and film industry in reality can go at their own pace, its not like disaster will strike or anyone life ruined if a film not out by a certain date . just don't give dates and when the film near completion then start the release date procedure, or am I missing some sort of point .
Old 25th September 2019, 09:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill reunite for third Jurassic World film

The three original Jurassic Park stars will join the latest sequel, to be directed by Jurassic World’s Colin Trevorrow

In a move designed to boost interest in the third Jurassic World film, producers have announced that Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill – stars of the original Jurassic Park blockbuster – will appear in the new instalment.

According to Deadline, the three actors will reprise their roles from the Steven Spielberg-directed dinosaur film, released in 1993 to record box office. Goldblum played mathematician Ian Malcolm, utterer of the celebrated line “Life finds a way”, while Dern and Neill played paleontologists Ellie Sattler and Alan Grant.

The Jurassic World spin-off series began in 2015, after the disappointing commercial performance of The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, and proved a substantial box-office success, taking $1.7bn worldwide for Jurassic World and $1.3bn for its 2018 follow-up, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Currently known as Jurassic World 3, the new film will be directed by Colin Trevorrow (returning to the series after stepping aside for JA Bayona for Fallen Kingdom), and stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. It is due to start shooting next year, with a planned release date of 11 June 2021.

Interest in the film has also been stoked by the release of an eight-minute Jurassic World spin-off short film, titled Battle at Big Rock, directed by Trevorrow.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...sic-world-film

My girlfriend is over the moon with this news. I love Jurassic Park myself but these are very special films for her.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
11 June 2021.

Why do they give dates ?
Because if it flops or gets bad reviews then they moan they was rushed for the deadline, has happened several times its not like a product from a firm to a company where they got deadlines to meet, music and film industry in reality can go at their own pace, its not like disaster will strike or anyone life ruined if a film not out by a certain date . just don't give dates and when the film near completion then start the release date procedure, or am I missing some sort of point .
They give dates mainly due to behind the scenes reasons so not to clash with other huge releases. If a Jurassic Park film is penciled in for that week in July then Marvel for example will steer clear of releasing one of their films during the same week in order to gain maximum exposure for both and to bring in top dollar.

Even a couple of years in advance cinemas will know what's coming to screens.
Nosferatu@Cult Labs and Rik like this.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I still need to watch the last one, I’ve watched Jurassic World a few times since I took my boys to the cinema to watch it, but haven’t got round to the sequel yet
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!