Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th January 2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 473033)
Think Reservoir Dogs crossed with The Thing, with Kurt Russell doing his best Duke Wayne impression, and you're pretty much there. Almost 3hrs long (non roadshow version), and I didn't find that it dragged for a single second. Walton Goggins, who I've been a huge fan of since he came to fame as Shane Vendrell in The Shield, steals the film.

I don't know the plot of Hateful 8 but when you say The Thing does that suggest it's got a horror aspect to it or just Kurt Russell with a beard?

Justin101 5th January 2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 473041)
That can't have been a delay and Cineworld, because I saw Alice in Wonderland at Cineworld during the opening week.

It could have been a similar squabble which was resolved prior to release and I didn't hear about at the time.

I think the chain was Odeon in that particular case - it seems so long ago now haha

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 07:41 AM

I was not aware that there was a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel coming out this year. Chances of my local cinema getting this one is very very slim. Really looking forward to it really enjoy the first one.

gag 7th January 2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 473036)
I'm a big Tarantino fan, so I'm looking forward to seeing it and in reply to Gags post, I've enjoyed all the Transformers films too, so I'm looking forward to that as well, don't get all the hate Michael Bay gets tbh

I like Tarantino think he very talented, just not been keen on any of his films since Kill bill. But always look forward to watching his films tho.
And each to their own, im sure i like films you dont :nod:
Mb films i havent took or enjoyed one of his films even Bad boys or armageddon.
Find the films are more crash bang wallop style which is ok but thin on interest and plot.
I rather watch a slow film that done well with good story and atmopshere than a film thats got loads of action but dull as hell, that goes to any film not just MB films, ive seen films where have tonnes of action and been bored senseless.

mr 420 7th January 2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473201)
I was not aware that there was a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel coming out this year. Chances of my local cinema getting this one is very very slim. Really looking forward to it really enjoy the first one.

Have you had the chance to catch the two Ip Man films, Nordi? There is a third part coming out this year with none other than "Iron" Mike Tyson playing the villain.

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 473208)
Have you had the chance to catch the two Ip Man films, Nordi? There is a third part coming out this year with none other than "Iron" Mike Tyson playing the villain.

I have both on DVD not gotten around to watching them yet.

Frankenhooker 7th January 2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473201)

A lot of cinemas are boycotting it apparently. The plan was to release it simultaneously in theatres and on Netflix, a few cinema chains are angry that Netflix are ignoring the 'theatrical window', in other words they're concerned about the profit margin.

Shame as I'd love to see it in IMAX.

Justin101 7th January 2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 473220)
A lot of cinemas are boycotting it apparently. The plan was to release it simultaneously in theatres and on Netflix, a few cinema chains are angry that Netflix are ignoring the 'theatrical window', in other words they're concerned about the profit margin.

Shame as I'd love to see it in IMAX.

This mirrors what I was saying about Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Disney wanted to cash in on a big holiday and forfeit the window, which I believe is 12 weeks or something. I think they (Disney) won that one in the end because it was a case of take this film or don't get offered any others.

I doubt that Netflix have muscles as big as Disney so they will probably lose out...

mr 420 7th January 2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 473219)
I have both on DVD not gotten around to watching them yet.

Do yourself a favour and get those discs spinning ASAP. You will not be disappointed bud.

Nordicdusk 7th January 2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 473222)
Do yourself a favour and get those discs spinning ASAP. You will not be disappointed bud.

Think i will have a double bill Saturday night .