Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree3578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2020, 01:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I thought Netflix was co-financing this one.
Yeah I thought they were too, maybe Netflix lost the bidding war for it
Old 27th November 2020, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/gremlins-3-w...9xSYGRo9BIEclo

Gremlins 3’ Writer Says Creatures Will Not Be CG and Will Be “Foremost, a Horror Movie”

We like to hear this kind of stuff. It appears that director and producer, Chris Columbus is out making the rounds and talking Gremlins. Not just any Gremlins though, he is talking about a direct sequel to Joe Dante’s first two classic films. Best of all, he is very adamant about these monstrous little dudes being practical puppets and not CG. What a sigh of relief that is, right guys?

“I would love to do it, I wrote a script, so there is an existing script. We’re working out some rights issues right now, so we’re just trying to figure out when the best time to make that film would be. I would still do it the same way I would do it as tangible puppets, not CGI. Maybe having you know we had one stop-motion scene in the first Gremlins, but I don’t think I’d use much CGI in Gremlins 3.” Columbus told Collider.

Screenwriter, Carl Ellsworth wrote a script for Gremlins 3. He seems just as pumped up as Columbus does about bringing Gremlins back in the way that they should be brought back. The most exciting bit is that he knows that Gremlins above all else is “foremost, a horror movie.”

“These little creatures what they’re really doing, they’re cold-blooded little murderers, you know? They’re psychotic little creatures that are killing everybody. So that’s where it all started. I tried to preserve the humor, but at the same time, I was starting with the foundation of this being a horror movie, which I was really thrilled about.” Ellsworth said.

I mean, this is exactly where Gremlins needs to be. It sounds like they are in very good hands. Now, just bring back Joe Dante to finish out the trilogy and we have ourselves an all-timer.
MacBlayne and iank like this.
Old 27th November 2020, 03:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://www.ihorror.com/gremlins-3-w...9xSYGRo9BIEclo

Gremlins 3’ Writer Says Creatures Will Not Be CG and Will Be “Foremost, a Horror Movie”

We like to hear this kind of stuff. It appears that director and producer, Chris Columbus is out making the rounds and talking Gremlins. Not just any Gremlins though, he is talking about a direct sequel to Joe Dante’s first two classic films. Best of all, he is very adamant about these monstrous little dudes being practical puppets and not CG. What a sigh of relief that is, right guys?

“I would love to do it, I wrote a script, so there is an existing script. We’re working out some rights issues right now, so we’re just trying to figure out when the best time to make that film would be. I would still do it the same way I would do it as tangible puppets, not CGI. Maybe having you know we had one stop-motion scene in the first Gremlins, but I don’t think I’d use much CGI in Gremlins 3.” Columbus told Collider.

Screenwriter, Carl Ellsworth wrote a script for Gremlins 3. He seems just as pumped up as Columbus does about bringing Gremlins back in the way that they should be brought back. The most exciting bit is that he knows that Gremlins above all else is “foremost, a horror movie.”

“These little creatures what they’re really doing, they’re cold-blooded little murderers, you know? They’re psychotic little creatures that are killing everybody. So that’s where it all started. I tried to preserve the humor, but at the same time, I was starting with the foundation of this being a horror movie, which I was really thrilled about.” Ellsworth said.

I mean, this is exactly where Gremlins needs to be. It sounds like they are in very good hands. Now, just bring back Joe Dante to finish out the trilogy and we have ourselves an all-timer.
I'm curious if Dante would return. Gremlins 2 only happened because Dante didn't want to make it, until Warner Brothers got so desperate that they gave him carte blanche- and thus made fun of it all.

Not to mention that Chris Columbus is an outspoken critic of Gremlins 2.

Which is a shame, since Gremlins 2 is brilliant.
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New ‘Christmas Carol’ Movie With Carey Mulligan, Daniel Kaluuya Comes to U.S. Theaters.

New ‘Christmas Carol’ Movie With Carey Mulligan, Daniel Kaluuya Comes to U.S. Theaters (Exclusive)
CineLife Entertainment is handling the U.S. release of a new adaptation of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol,” with a British voice cast including Carey Mulligan, Daniel Kaluuya, Martin Freeman, Simon Russell Beale and Andy Serkis.

The film has been scheduled for more than 200 U.S. locations and will begin opening Dec. 4. through January. This retelling of the classic Christmas tale follows a Victorian family as they prepare a toy theater for their annual performance of “A Christmas Carol” with real dancers and stylized sets, with spoken narration.

The dance performances are led by former Royal Ballet first soloist and BalletBoyz founder Michael Nunn as Scrooge, Jakub Franasowicz, Russell Maliphant, Karl Fagerlund Brekke, Mikey Boats, Grace Jabbari and Dana Fouras. The UK release began in mid-November.

Made in association with Quickfire, Saboteur Media, Radioaktive Films, Darko Skulsky, Jane Yatsuta, Laurence Gornall, Anne Sheehan, Angus Neill and Clare Lee Davis serve
Old 15th December 2020, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Warner Bros. has shuffled around release dates for three of the studio’s upcoming movies: “Mortal Kombat, “Tom and Jerry” and Hugh Jackman’s sci-fi drama “Reminiscence.”

“Mortal Kombat,” a live-action adaptation of the popular video game, was originally set for Jan. 15, 2021, and will now open on April 16, 2021. “Reminiscence,” which was initially slated for mid-April, was removed from the studio’s calendar. The animated “Tom and Jerry” remake was moved up a week and will debut on Feb. 26, 2021, instead of March 5.

All three films, along with the rest of Warner Bros. 2021 slate, will premiere on HBO Max on the same day as their theatrical premieres. In total, 18 of the studio’s films — including “Wonder Woman 1984,” “The Matrix 4,” “Dune” and “In the Heights” — will launch day-and-date over the next 12 months. When Warner Bros. announced the plans earlier in December, a promotional trailer offered a disclaimer that individual release dates are “subject to change,” so more calendar shifts may be on the horizon
Old 18th December 2020, 05:23 PM
Cult Master

‘Wrong Turn’ reboot trailer...

...and poster

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th December 2020, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
‘Wrong Turn’ reboot trailer...

...and poster

It actually doesn't look too bad hope it be better than the daft sequels
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 18th December 2020, 09:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's a really good trailer and the 2021 Wrong Turn is a film I would like to (pandemic notwithstanding) see in the cinema.
it'smebilly and MrBarlow like this.
Old 21st December 2020, 01:48 PM
Cult Master

Peter Jackson has released an exclusive sneak peek of his upcoming documentary 'The Beatles: Get Back' for fans everywhere to enjoy.

"We wanted to give the fans of The Beatles all over the world a holiday treat, so we put together this five-minute sneak peek at our upcoming theatrical film ‘The Beatles: Get Back.’ We hope it will bring a smile to everyone’s faces and some much-needed joy at this difficult time." - Peter Jackson

The Beatles: Get Back Opens in Theatres August 27, 2021

Does this *really* show footage of a band that hated each other?
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st December 2020, 03:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It looks great. I love the tempo, energy, and sense of fun in that clip.

Hopefully the reviews will be along the lines of 'Get Back does for The Beatles what They Shall Not Grow Old did to British soldiers'!
Justin101 and Susan Foreman like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!