Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 477728)

Mark Kermode put it quite eloquently, albeit in a Buster Keaton fashion about the (then) upcoming third film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4GjSydejo

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477711)
I'm sure you've all seen this a million times, but it looks better than all the Marvel stuff rolled into one.

Balls! I have zero interest in seeing this. Leto looks crap as the Joker, imo. Give me the Suicide Squad in Arrow any day. :)

Rik 12th February 2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477747)
Balls! I have zero interest in seeing this. Leto looks crap as the Joker, imo. Give me the Suicide Squad in Arrow any day. :)

One of my most anticipated films of the year, bugger all to do with Harley Quinn your Honour :lol:

iank 12th February 2016 09:30 PM

Southbound, new anthology horror, looks interesting, getting good reviews.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477747)

I much prefer my superhero intake to be series like Arrow and Smallville rather than huge CGI films. Series always gives the characters time to breathe and the viewer time to invest in them. As for Batman vs Superman, who the hell is Lex Luthor in that? Was Michael Rosenbaum busy?

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477757)
I much prefer my superhero intake to be series like Arrow and Smallville rather than huge CGI films. Series always gives the characters time to breathe and the viewer time to invest in them. As for Batman vs Superman, who the hell is Lex Luthor in that? Was Michael Rosenbaum busy?

Talking of which, Deadshot just made another appearence on the newest episode of The Flash.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477760)
Talking of which, Deadshot just made another appearence on the newest episode of The Flash.

I've yet to see any of The Flash. I was going to buy series 1 and watch it in tandem with my Arrow series 3 dvd.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:37 PM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477761)
I've yet to see any of The Flash. I was going to buy series 1 and watch it in tandem with my Arrow series 3 dvd.

I started it before I saw a single episode of Arrow. Works pretty well that it airs the day before, so the crossovers are pretty sweet. Plus, we get a Flash/Supergirl crossover next month.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 477769)
I started the Flash before Arrow. Now it airs innthe US the day before Arrow, so the crossovers are pretty sweet. Plus, we get a Flash/Supergirl crossover next month.

A mate was telling me about that crossover earlier today. He did say that Supergirl doesn't really venture into Arrow's world which is a relief. Watching one episode of Arrow, then Flash, then Supergirl, could get frustrating. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477770)
A mate was telling me about that crossover earlier today. He did say that Supergirl doesn't really venture into Arrow's world which is a relief. Watching one episode of Arrow, then Flash, then Supergirl, could get frustrating. :lol:

It could! It's still not clear how. They're doing it. Might be due to The Flash "Earth Two" alternate reality, but who knows!