All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3589Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2021, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://moviehooker.com/lists/new-we...loSvXu-37th8qA

New Werewolf Movies

It feels good to be able to write that headline “new werewolf movies”. I feel the horror genre has been starved of some lycanthropy madness. We recently got the news that Dog Soldiers 2 could be still happening which is amazing but as for actual werewolf films…well, we ain’t got none. But hey, I can now tell you that we have at least four coming this year! are they going to be any good? I have no idea, but here they are anyway. Enjoy.

BLOODTHIRSTY

New Werewolf Movies – Bloodthirsty

A musician who has been having visions of morphing into some sort of wolf-like beast is invited to a secluded music studio. Her new songs, along with her new music producer start to bring out the beast within her.

A female-led Canadian werewolf film, pretty sure the last time we heard that was Ginger Snaps and that still holds up pretty well to this day.

Directed by Amelia Moses, written by Wendy Hill-Tout, Lowell and starring Lauren Beatty, Greg Bryk & Katharine King So

Upcoming Werewolf Movies – Eight for Silver (no poster available)

EIGHT FOR SILVER

A werewolf film from writer/director Sean Ellis ( Metro Manila, Anthropoid). Metro Manila was such a great film, a superb human drama about desperation and how far you will go to support & provide for the ones you love. I highly recommend you guys check that out if you haven’t seen it. Now, back to the werewolves

Ellis’ werewolf movie Eight for Silver is said to **** with the genre a little bit and bend some of the werewolves rules that we have grown custom to. The story of a pathologist who goes to a small town to investigate a string of brutal murders. That’s all I know. That’s all I need to know. As a fan of Ellis, I really can’t wait to check this out.

WEREWOLVES WITHIN

New Werewolf Movies – Werewolves Within (game poster)
I have known about Werewolves Within for some time. I am always a little sceptical when I hear the words “based on the hugely popular video game”

Not much plot details are available but we know it is about a group of werewolves that attack a small town. I am not familiar with the game but I think it is a whodunit? sort of scenario where the villagers have to find out who is infected among them by taking a werewolf test, very much like we see in The Thing. Oh, it also has Harvey Guillén from FX’s What We Do In The Shadows series.

Described as a comedy horror. Who knows? this could be a lot of fun.

I AM LISA

New Werewolf Movies – I Am Lisa
Another fresh approach to the werewolf genre, only this time adding in a twist of revenge. A woman (gonna take a wild guess and say her name is Lisa) gets attacked by a sheriff and a wolf on the same night (ouch, unfortunate). She wakes in a cabin in the woods with new powers. She uses these new-found wolfy powers to get revenge on her attackers.

Looks to be part horror, part female-led revenge flick. I’m in!
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 18th March 2021, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In this link about 25 images from Godzilla vs Kong.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...zilla-vs-kong/
Old 19th March 2021, 05:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://.www.movieweb.com/amp/faceof...-nicolas-cage/

Face/Off 2 Director Wants John Travolta & Nicolas Cage to Return for a Proper Sequel
Director Adam Wingard has confirmed that Face/Off 2 will continue the story of Sean Archer and Castor Troy. But are John Travolta and Nicolas Cage coming back?

Face/Off 2 Director Wants John Travolta & Nicolas Cage to Return for a Proper Sequel

The news that a new Face/Off is in the works initially had fans in a frenzy. How could you do something so egregious as to reboot one of the most beloved action thrillers of the 1990s? Mercifully, these worries were eased when it was revealed that the movie, directed by Godzilla Vs. Kong's Adam Wingard, will be a direct sequel, with Wingard now confirming that Face/Off 2 will be all about the original movie's hero and villain duo, Sean Archer and Castor Troy.

"Some people just assume when I say that that it just means it takes place in the world of Face/Off. To me, Face/Off isn't about a procedure or anything like that. It's not about the world that the characters exist in. It's about Sean Archer and it's about Castor Troy. That's what this movie is about. It's the continuation of that story. It's hard to talk about other than that but this is, to me, the definitive continuation of that saga."
While Wingard has not confirmed whether Face/Off stars John Travolta and Nicolas Cage are being sought-after to return, with the movie being scripted as a continuation of their story, it stands to reason that the filmmaker would want the actors back for at least a cameo.

Face/Off 2 Script Is Almost Finished, Director Is Determined to Make the Definitive Follow-Up
Released in 1997 and directed by John Woo, Face/Off follows Sean Archer (John Travolta), an FBI Agent, who undergoes experimental plastic surgery in order to impersonate his son's killer and sworn enemy, Castor Troy (Nicolas Cage). While his initial missions goes well, the real trouble begins when Castor awakens from a coma and undergoes the same procedure and begins impersonating Sean.

Spoilers for a nearly 25-year-old movie to follow, but the movie ends with Sean killing Castor with a spear gun and returning home with his John Travolta face intact, having now adopted the son of his archenemy. Now, this has led many to wonder how exactly Castor Troy will be brought back into proceedings, but interestingly the original Face/Off did have an alternate ending in which Archer looks into a mirror, and Eve, his wife, sees Castor Troy's face as the reflection.

While it is currently unknown how Wingard plans to resurrect Castor Troy, or the Face/Off franchise as a whole, this could be a good way back in, dealing with the psychological damage as a result of wearing the villains face.

This is not the first time that Wingard has declared his passion for the first movie, and his determination to continue the same tale. "I would never make a remake of Face/Off," he said of the project. "I would never make a reboot. And I've seen a lot of people, even after I said that this is a direct sequel, they keep calling it a reboot hybrid sequel or remake hybrid sequel. It's none of that. This is Face/Off 2."

However, Wingard decides to do it, the director has also confirmed that he and frequent partner Simon Barrett are close to finishing the first draft of the script for Face/Off 2, and while things are looking good from their perspective, he is cautious of the reaction from the studio.

"They've read our outline. Everybody's on board with it but actually turning in the script's a different thing so we'll see how everybody reacts to it."
One thing is for sure, the sequel won't go ahead without the return of Archer and Troy in some capacity, with Wingard saying "The story is leading us in a very specific direction." This comes to us courtesy of Cheat Sheet. If you want to see the alternate ending it is available on |YouTube

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 20th March 2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 20th March 2021, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.looper.com/360849/what-t...rs-creepers-4/

What To Expect From Jeepers Creepers 4

Jeepers Creepers was released in 2001, then came Jeepers Creepers 2 *in 2003, and finally, in 2017, Jeepers Creepers 3 appeared. Loyal fans thought that was the last of the tarnished franchise until the fourth installment, called Jeepers Creepers: Reborn, was announced to release in 2021. Even though the third movie took a nosedive at the box office*and in the critics'*eyes, another one is on its way, and hopefully, since the title of the movie has the word "reborn" on it, things will be a bit different this time around.

In the past, the storyline revolved around a group of kids having the unlucky opportunity to be in the midst of one of the scariest monsters of the 2000s. In the most recent installment, "creeper hunters" took on the job of tracking down this creature that craves the human anatomy. Nothing quite sticks like the original story of Darry (Justin Long) and Trish (Gina Philips) fighting for survival from the winged monster of the night, but for the heck of it, let's see what the fourth movie will bring, shall we?

The origin of the Creeper

From the very first movie in 2001, the audience got a small view into what the Creeper (Jonathan Breck) wants and when he comes around to get it. He needs to feed on human body parts to stay alive*(ew!) and shows his ugly mug every 23 years. The movies' storylines fall in line with that narrative, but as for the fourth installment? It's unknown. According to IMDb, the story will follow a woman named Laine who is traveling with her boyfriend Chase to a Horror Hound festival in Louisiana. Prior to arriving at the festival, Laine starts to experience strange premonitions that are linked to the town's past, where the festival is being held. Of course, the past involves the mythical Creeper, and Laine feels that once the festival begins, an evil being will be unleashed into the world once again.
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:33 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
God help us all!

Ace Ventura 3 is in the works for Amazon with Sonic the Hedgehog writers / Digital Spy

"Ace Ventura fans will be pleased to hear that a third movie is currently in early planning stages and it could have an exciting destination.

The beloved 90s franchise saw Jim Carrey star in the leading role of Ace Ventura – the ultimate pet detective and it looks like Carrey could be pulling out those iconic Hawaiian shirts once more.

The Morgan Creek team said: "We're pretty excited about our franchise developments with the Ace Ventura franchise – it's noticeable from the 3 million fans chatting on the official Facebook page for Ace Ventura that audiences are clamouring for a 3rd instalment…

"During COVID, audiences have been in love and are thrilled to have beloved characters brought back with new stories. Ace Ventura will see a new day at Amazon as a major motion picture/theatrical with the Sonic the Hedgehog writers.

"Moving forward, we aim to continue to work with visionary filmmakers (as we have always done) and deliver the type of experiences that audiences love.""

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd March 2021, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Never seen the first one just doesn't appeal to me.

https://www.ihorror.com/terrifier-2-...ng-to-director
he
Terrifier 2’ Could Clock A Lengthy Runtime According to Director
The filmmakers of the upcoming Terrifier 2 are asking fans if a two-hour-long sequel to the 2016 original would be something they’d be into.

The question came from a post on March 22 from the official Terrifier 2 Facebook page. Director Damien Leone says that he has been editing the project and thus far has assembled a “rough” 1 hr and 30 minutes of film but has a little ways to go.

“Based on what I have left to edit, I’m projecting the final film to clock in at around the 2 hour mark,” he wrote. The original movie was only 82-minutes long.

Leone goes on to say about part two, “I know that’s not typical of slasher films but then again this isn’t your typical slasher film.”

Jokingly, comparing the extensive length of what he wants to do to Francis Ford Coppola’s opus Apocalypse Now, Leone asked fans what they thought about the projected extended runtime for an independent picture.

Most commenters agree that a lengthy movie is great but it should be tightly cut.

I think a 2 hour run time could work just fine as long as the pacing supports it. If it is exciting and engaging all the way through, make it as long as it needs to be!” wrote Patrick Chaffin.

Fan Erica Rae is also on-board: “The first one was really entertaining. As long as it gets to the point with the story, has great kills and doesn’t drag, im ok with the running time. I hope it comes out soon.”

Still, some people are a little apprehensive such as Aaron James. “More does not always equal better and I’d argue that the modern trend of really long movies has more often hurt the film than helped it,” wrote Aaron James.

He adds: “Only you know what you have and how the story works best, but I’d be hesitant to recommend anything longer than 1hr45minutes in length as this just isn’t the type of character that is going to need 2+hours to tell his story.”

Leone gave Art his own movie in 2016 and has been working tirelessly on the sequel which has already wrapped filming. The pandemic and a few other production hiccups have extended the film’s editing process and release date but Leone assures fans that Terrifier 2 is coming out by Halloween 2021.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 23rd March 2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old 23rd March 2021, 06:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38...hJ8UGKIoKDaERI

Fede Álvarez Teases DON’T BREATHE 2 Is Now Finished & Fantastic

First-time director Rodo Sayagues’ Don’t Breathe 2 with Stephen Lang has wrapped filming and will be unleashed in August 2021. And today, the original director turned producer Fede Álvarez teases the sequel is 100% done and it’s fantastic.

Álvarez tells DiscussingFilm: “[Don’t Breathe 2 is] done already. I watched it not too long ago and it’s fantastic. So I just really can’t wait for you guys to see it.

The new film is said to kick off in the years following the deadly home invasion, finding the Blind-Man living in quiet solace – until his past sins catch up to him.

The sequel filmed during the quarantine. And Lang teases it’s its own thing. He says, “It has a tremendous kinship with the first film, but in many ways, in every way, it’s very much its own thing. I never walked away from a scene on this feeling like we’d left something on the table there. We really strived to get everything we could out of it. It’s an extremely isolating role. I spend a lot of time just with me, anyway.

RELATED: DON’T BREATHE 2 Basts Your Turkey in August 2021

He says: “And I suppose in some perverse fashion, it actually played into the playing of the role. We kind of debate and negotiate and massage every word, every phrase, every grunt. We all have a ball doing it because we enjoy working together. On the day-to-day life on set, I had a lot of input into it.”

Don’t Breathe was directed by Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, The Girl in the Spider’s Web) from a screenplay co-written with Sayagues. Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert produced.

The first flick followed three thieves (including Jane Levy) who get word about a blind veteran who won a major cash settlement following the death of his only child, the trio invades the man’s secluded home in an abandoned neighborhood. Finding themselves trapped inside, the young intruders must fight for their lives after making a shocking discovery about their supposedly helpless victim.

Don’t Breathe 2 hits theaters on August 13, 2021.
Old 23rd March 2021, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38...hJ8UGKIoKDaERI

Fede Álvarez Teases DON’T BREATHE 2 Is Now Finished & Fantastic

First-time director Rodo Sayagues’ Don’t Breathe 2 with Stephen Lang has wrapped filming and will be unleashed in August 2021. And today, the original director turned producer Fede Álvarez teases the sequel is 100% done and it’s fantastic.

Álvarez tells DiscussingFilm: “[Don’t Breathe 2 is] done already. I watched it not too long ago and it’s fantastic. So I just really can’t wait for you guys to see it.

The new film is said to kick off in the years following the deadly home invasion, finding the Blind-Man living in quiet solace – until his past sins catch up to him.

The sequel filmed during the quarantine. And Lang teases it’s its own thing. He says, “It has a tremendous kinship with the first film, but in many ways, in every way, it’s very much its own thing. I never walked away from a scene on this feeling like we’d left something on the table there. We really strived to get everything we could out of it. It’s an extremely isolating role. I spend a lot of time just with me, anyway.

RELATED: DON’T BREATHE 2 Basts Your Turkey in August 2021

He says: “And I suppose in some perverse fashion, it actually played into the playing of the role. We kind of debate and negotiate and massage every word, every phrase, every grunt. We all have a ball doing it because we enjoy working together. On the day-to-day life on set, I had a lot of input into it.”

Don’t Breathe was directed by Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, The Girl in the Spider’s Web) from a screenplay co-written with Sayagues. Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert produced.

The first flick followed three thieves (including Jane Levy) who get word about a blind veteran who won a major cash settlement following the death of his only child, the trio invades the man’s secluded home in an abandoned neighborhood. Finding themselves trapped inside, the young intruders must fight for their lives after making a shocking discovery about their supposedly helpless victim.

Don’t Breathe 2 hits theaters on August 13, 2021.
I may not be fan of the first film but this has certainly peaked my curiosity to see how this one goes,
Old 25th March 2021, 04:53 PM
Cult Master

New folk horror from Ben Wheatley - 'In The Earth'

Release date: April 23

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th March 2021, 04:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Can't wait to see that.

Incidentally it says in cinemas in June. Not April.

Like this? Share it using the links below!