Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Susan Foreman 28th July 2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 656710)
I don't have a Hulu account, so this is going to pass me by until it has a Blu-ray/4K Ultra HD release for home viewing.

Grrrr - the curse of the age!

I can remember when this kind of comment would have been until it has a DVD / Blu-ray release.

Do you remember the days when a dual release meant something that was released as a DVD / Blu-Ray combo [meaning effectively anyone would be able to watch it in some form] whereas nowadays we get something released as a Blu-ray / 4K Ultra HD combo [which means "f*ck you if you only have a DVD player"]!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 656720)

I can remember when this kind of comment would have been until it has a DVD / Blu-ray release.

Do you remember the days when a dual release meant something that was released as a DVD / Blu-Ray combo [meaning effectively anyone would be able to watch it in some form] whereas nowadays we get something released as a Blu-ray / 4K Ultra HD combo [which means "f*ck you if you only have a DVD player"]!

I think those combos are a rip off. I mean £80 for the four Indiana Jones films. There's no way you'd pay that purely for the Blu-ray version if you couldn't play 4K.

The BD/DVD combos were a hell of a lot more reasonably priced than that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th July 2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 656720)

I wasn't referring to a dual release – as it isn't guaranteed to be released on the newest format, I meant Blu-ray *or* 4K Ultra HD. I'll buy whichever is best and the one that suits my bank balance the most!

Susan Foreman 28th July 2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 656727)
I wasn't referring to a dual release – as it isn't guaranteed to be released on the newest format, I meant Blu-ray *or* 4K Ultra HD. I'll buy whichever is best and the one that suits my bank balance the most!

Even so, it doesn't help anyone who just has a DVD player...or 'Betamax' as I believe it is humorously referred to nowadays!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 656728)
Even so, it doesn't help anyone who just has a DVD player...or 'Betamax' as I believe it is humorously referred to nowadays!

There's far more released on dvd than Blu-ray even now.

Justin101 28th July 2021 02:53 PM

You'd be hard pressed to find a studio release that WASN'T released on DVD, even these days, as it's been pointed out many times before, DVD is still the top selling physical format.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 656732)
You'd be hard pressed to find a studio release that WASN'T released on DVD, even these days, as it's been pointed out many times before, DVD is still the top selling physical format.

I was gazing at the dvd racks in Asda today. Loads of DTV things i'd love to have a look at not to mention that Marvin the Martian dvd the Inspector bought recently. Must have been 6-10 new dvd releases.

No new Blu-ray ones at all.

Justin101 28th July 2021 02:59 PM

Same in Morrisons, they have one shelf of bluray, it's usually the top 5 in the charts. 2 full racks of DVDs though! I usually skip them all though, most of the time you can rent those DTV films on iTunes in HD and save the space on your shelves...

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 656735)
Same in Morrisons, they have one shelf of bluray, it's usually the top 5 in the charts. 2 full racks of DVDs though! I usually skip them all though, most of the time you can rent those DTV films on iTunes in HD and save the space on your shelves...

I haven't been in my local Morrisons since before lockdown began last year so getting on for 18 months. It always seems a bit low roofed and pokey compared to Asda and Sainsbury's which are the size of aircraft hangers. The perfect place for disease to spread.

gag 3rd August 2021 01:46 AM

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...g-august-2021/

Over 20 New Horror Movies and Shows Releasing in August 2021!