Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree3589Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2021, 02:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This sounds awful, Tracy Morgon no thank you, hell he's 30 years younger than
them , supposedly Eddie Murphy passed on it ,it's that bad.

Twins sequel -Triplets.
http://deadline.com/2021/09/twins-se...ge-1234830766/
Old 19th September 2021, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hypocritewood ... where ideas come to die ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th September 2021, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Release of Rocky IV directors cut .

MrBarlow likes this.
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://movieweb.com/wonka-cast-production-start/

Wonka Begins Filming with Timothee Chalamet, Full Cast Announced
Timothee Chalamet's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory prequel Wonka has begun filming with names like Rowan Atkinson and Olivia Colman joining the cast.

Filming has officially started on Wonka, the upcoming prequel in the works at Warner Bros. Pictures inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The movie stars Timothee Chalamet (Dune, Call Me By Your Name) in the lead role as a young Willy Wonka with Paul King (Paddington movies) serving as the director. While this is a new take on the source material, it is based on the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory story by Roald Dahl.

The full cast has also been revealed for Wonka. Along with Timothée Chalamet as Willy, Wonka stars Rowan Atkinson (Johnny English, Mr. Bean), Mathew Baynton (The Wrong Mans, Ghosts), Jim Carter (Downton Abbey), Oscar winner Olivia Colman (The Favourite), Tom Davis (Paddington 2, King Gary), Simon Farnaby (Paddington movies, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Rich Fulcher (Marriage Story), Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water, Paddington movies, Spencer), Kobna Holdbrook-Smith (Paddington 2, Zack Snyder's Justice League), Paterson Joseph (Vigil), Emmy and Peabody Award winner Keegan-Michael Key (Schmigadoon), Calah Lane (The Day Shall Come), Matt Lucas (Paddington, Little Britain), Colin O'Brien (The Mothership), Natasha Rothwell (White Lotus, Insecure), Rakhee Thakrar (Sex Education), and Ellie White (The Other One).

An official logline for Wonka reads, "Chalamet leads a star-studded ensemble in an origin story that explores the vivid, mythical beginnings of the imaginative young inventor before he becomes the renowned scrumdiddlyumptious Mozart of chocolate." In other words, this is a prequel story focusing on Willy Wonka's rise from an ordinary young man with a penchant for sweets into the world's most famous - and eccentric - candymaker.

Paul King directs using a screenplay he co-wrote with Paddington 2 co-writer Simon Farnaby (with prior writers including Simon Rich, Simon Stephenson, Jeff Nathanson, and Steven Levenson). Michael Siegel and Rosie Alison are serving as executive producers. King's behind-the-scenes creative team includes Oscar-nominated director of photography Seamus McGarvey; Oscar-nominated production designer Nathan Crowley; editor Mark Everson; and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming. Neil Hannon of the band The Divine Comedy is writing original songs for the movie.

Oscar-nominated producer David Heyman (Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood), who produced the Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, and Paddington films, Luke Kelly, who produced the recent feature adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Witches as well as the upcoming Matilda, and Alexandra Derbyshire, who executive produced the Paddington films and the upcoming Jurassic World: Dominion, are producing Wonka.

Gene Wilder famously played Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, the original movie adaptation that was released in 1971. The movie is widely considered to be among the greatest works of cinema of all-time, recently garnering a lot of fans to give it a revisit in honor of its 50th anniversary. More recently, Johnny Depp played a new incarnation of Willy Wonka in 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Both Wilder and Depp have their fans who prefer their respective versions of the story. It remains to be seen where Timothee Chalamet will fit in once Wonka joins the fray.

Wonka is currently filming in the UK. The movie is scheduled for a theatrical release on March 17, 2023, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:44 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd normally be against a prequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because I don't think the character needs any background. That said, Paul King and the other names associated (Simon Farnaby, David Heyman, Seamus McGarvey, Neil Hannon) with close links to the Paddington films makes this much more attractive.

Furthermore, Timothee Chalamet is a brilliant actor and I think he could do the role justice.
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'd normally be against a prequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because I don't think the character needs any background. That said, Paul King and the other names associated (Simon Farnaby, David Heyman, Seamus McGarvey, Neil Hannon) with close links to the Paddington films makes this much more attractive.

Furthermore, Timothee Chalamet is a brilliant actor and I think he could do the role justice.
Like owt else just a way of cashing in on a popular or famous film, sometime it works sometimes falls flat on its face, because Roald Dahl absolutely detested the film he refused to allow anyone rights to make the sequel, and even wrote it in his will.
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:16 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Like owt else just a way of cashing in on a popular or famous film, sometime it works sometimes falls flat on its face, because Roald Dahl absolutely detested the film he refused to allow anyone rights to make the sequel, and even wrote it in his will.
I think some of the information about Roald Dahl's stipulations for film adaptations of his work has been exaggerated since his widow and daughters have (thankfully) permitted Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and The BFG to be made this century.

If there was a definitive embargo on adapting his books into films or making a sequel/prequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Paul King wouldn't be making one.
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:23 AM
Cult Veteran

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Netflix has recently taken over ownership of all Roald Dahl stories from his estate, they plan to turn some into films and some TV series. Given their track record of well produced films and shows this could be very exciting indeed.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd October 2021, 10:36 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Netflix has recently taken over ownership of all Roald Dahl stories from his estate, they plan to turn some into films and some TV series. Given their track record of well produced films and shows this could be very exciting indeed.
That's the first I've heard of it, so thanks for posting. I have really enjoyed some of the Netflix originals, both TV and films, so this could be a very welcome move that could lead to high-quality adaptations of The Twits, The Magic Finger, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and Danny, the Champion of the World.
gag and Justin101 like this.
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:42 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's the first I've heard of it, so thanks for posting. I have really enjoyed some of the Netflix originals, both TV and films, so this could be a very welcome move that could lead to high-quality adaptations of The Twits, The Magic Finger, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and Danny, the Champion of the World.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58648566

For context

Edit:: I'm hoping for a film version of Matilda The Musical which is a fantastic West End show!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!