Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

gag 23rd February 2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 667382)
There's never been a remake of The Exorcist, has there? There's been sequels, prequels, similarly themed cash-ins, but never a remake like Gus Van Sant's Psycho or John Moore's The Omen.

Sorry, My apologise they're remaking a new exorcist slip of words, or is it rebooting sod knows :lol: Different sites say different things,
also what I’ve gathered it’s going to be a trilogy, but don’t quote me on that, I look later when got time.

gag 23rd February 2022 11:36 AM

https://collider.com/the-exorcist-re...-gordon-green/

'The Exorcist': Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know So Far About the Remake

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd February 2022 01:25 PM

So from Hermione's list i take it 'Western' is not a movie genre?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd February 2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 667384)
https://collider.com/the-exorcist-re...-gordon-green/

'The Exorcist': Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know So Far About the Remake

Quote:

According to [Steve] Weintraub in his Collider chat with the director, [David Gordon] Green plans to continue the original story rather than remake it, with Leslie Odom Jr. the parent of a possessed child this time. “Desperate for help, he tracks down Burstyn's character, whose young daughter (Linda Blair) was possessed by an evil entity known as Pazuzu in the first film,” writes Weintraub.

With Ellen Burstyn returning to her role, Leslie Odom Jr. joining the cast, and Green, Blum, and a whole team of others devoted to the project, audiences can be sure that the new trilogy will be a refreshing take on the story while keeping the essence of the original film.

[Jason] Blum tells Den of Geek, “I want to make a movie that works for both [audiences]. I want to make a movie for people that know and love the first Exorcist and are furious that we’re doing this, but somehow drag themselves to the theater. I want them to come out happy. And I want to make a movie that people who’ve never heard of The Exorcist really enjoy. I think David did that with Halloween. I think he’ll do that with The Exorcist also.”
So it's not really a remake

gag 23rd February 2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 667436)
So it's not really a remake

Didn’t read all that far, so my apologise, misreading headlines then.

gag 28th February 2022 11:13 PM

The debate of Beetlejuice 2 still in the pipeline isn’t going away,

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...dly-producing/

Beetlejuice 2’ Talks Surface Again With Brad Pitt Reportedly Producing
We’ve been talking about a potential Beetlejuice 2 for so long now that I won’t believe it’s real until I’m sitting in my local theater watching it, but as Michael Keaton‘s career is once again in an upswing, Beetlejuice 2 has once again surfaced. This latest update comes from a reliable source, Jeff Sneider, who reports that the sequel project has been given some new life.

According to Sneider, who wrote up the story for The Ankler this afternoon, “Brad Pitt‘s company Plan B has come aboard to produce Beetlejuice 2, which could shoot this summer with original stars Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder reprising their roles.”

However, Snyder also notes that “it hasn’t gone before WB’s greenlight committee just yet.”

No word yet on whether or not Tim Burton will be involved.

This is the first real update we’ve gotten on Beetlejuice 2 in several years now, with the last one coming in 2017 when Mike Vukadinovich was hired to rewrite the screenplay.

Seth Grahame-Smith had written a previous draft.

The original Beetlejuice was directed by Burton in 1988 and has become a cult favorite. It starred Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis as ghosts who haunt their old home. When a little girl (Winona Ryder) accidentally unleashes a mischievous ghost (Michael Keaton), the ghosts try to drive the homeowners (Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones) out of the house.

Michael Keaton will soon be seen in Sony’s Morbius, and he’s also returning to the big screen as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Andy Muschietti’s upcoming DC movie The Flash.

gag 28th February 2022 11:42 PM

Director has ideas for Netflix Tcm 2

https://screenrant.com/texas-chainsa...-garcia-ideas/

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: Director Already Has Cool Ideas For Sequel

Texas Chainsaw Massacre's director, David Blue Garcia, has a lot of ideas in his pocket if Legendary Pictures decides to greenlight a sequel.

WARNING: Spoilers for 2022's Texas Chainsaw Massacre are below.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre just dropped on Netflix, but the director is already planning a sequel. Legendary Pictures acquired the film rights to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise after Lionsgate lost them due to a delay in releasing 2017's Leatherface. This acquisition set Legendary on the path to shaping the franchise in their image, which they did by following one of the hottest modern blockbuster horror trends: the legacy sequel. It allows 2022's Texas Chainsaw Massacre to ignore every other entry in the franchise and only regard Tobe Hooper's iconic 1974 film as canon.

In David Blue Garcia's iteration of the classic slasher, Leatherface returns to form after being disturbed by a band of young entrepreneurs who wish to revitalize the old Texas town of Harlow. Evil Dead director Fede Alvarez produces and Mark Burnham dons the butcher's apron as Leatherface, alongside Sarah Yarkin as Melody, Elsie Fisher as Lila, and Olwen Fouéré as Sally Hardesty, the survivor of Hooper's terrifying film. Unlike recent legacy horror projects like Halloween Kills and Scream 5 that shield their long-term stars from any significant danger, Hardesty passes the final girl mantle over to sisters Melody (temporarily) and Lila in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The shocking deaths of Hardesty and Lila open up new possibilities in the franchise moving forward.

Like with many big-budget franchise projects, Garcia already appears to have ideas to take advantage of those new possibilities. In an interview with THR, he admits that "I have some cool ideas that I'd love to have the opportunity to pitch if Legendary wants to make another one." Garcia does not explain what those "cool ideas" are, but whether or not they come to fruition seems to rest solely on Legendary's desire for more TCM films. Check out the full quote below:

“I’ve actually brainstormed quite a bit about what would happen in a continuation of this story, or just another tale in this world. I have some really cool ideas that I’d love to have the opportunity to pitch if Legendary wants to make another one,” says Garcia. “There’re also things when I watched this movie that I look back on and I wish I had done, so I’ve got those in my back pocket if I get to do another one. And of course, there’s that teaser at the end of the film, so there’s definitely a future to explore.”

Theoretically, there are plenty of places that a Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 could go. If following the process of other legacy sequels, especially David Gordon Green's Halloween, it could see the continuously-aging Leatherface colliding with Lila once again, joined by an entirely new cast of characters. Or, like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, a modern sequel could avoid the first survivor angle altogether, focusing on an entirely new storyline instead. Then again, Garcia makes a point to mention the after-credits sequence of Leatherface journeying to the infamous house from the 1974 film, indicating that he could very well be aiming to recreate the carnage he initially wrought inside it.

As for Legendary, it's almost a surefire bet that the company will at least show an interest in a sequel to Garcia's film. According to the Global Top 10 metrics for Netflix's English-language films just last week, Texas Chainsaw Massacre ranked number 2 and drew over 29,180,000 hours of viewing. The critical reactions may be verging on abysmal, but those kinds of numbers indicate a renewed attraction to a horror franchise that was dipping in quality over several recent films. Garcia also hinted at ideas he left out of the 2022 film, so it sounds like a likely Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 will not be short on new, gruesome scenes

gag 1st March 2022 02:28 PM

Twisted metal the series,

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/370...-from-peacock/

TV“Twisted Metal” Series Starring Anthony Mackie Coming Soon from Peacock!
The “Twisted Metal” video games are coming to the small screen, as we recently learned, and today Deadline reports that Peacock has officially ordered the live action project to series.

The television series currently in the works from Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions, being described as a “comedic, half hour live action adaptation.”

The even better news? The original take for the live-action series comes courtesy of Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the duo behind Zombieland and the Deadpool movie!

“Anthony Mackie stars as John Doe, a smart-ass milkman who talks as fast as he drives. With no memory of his past, John gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make his wish of finding community come true, but only if he can survive an onslaught of savage vehicular combat.” Mackie will also executive produce the upcoming series.

“Twisted Metal is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Deadpool scribes Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a trigger-happy car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.”

Michael Jonathan Smith (“Cobra Kai”) is on board to write and show-run the “Twisted Metal” series. Additionally, Will Arnett and Marc Forman are executive producing.

The first Twisted Metal game was released in 1995, developed by SingleTrac and published by Sony for the PlayStation. That original game spawned follow-ups and spinoffs, with a movie adaptation at one point in the works from the director of Crank and Ghost Rider. That project never came to be, and a TV adaptation has been in development for the past few years

Demoncrat 1st March 2022 04:12 PM

Demon predicts .... Exorcist film will be the comedy of the year.

gag 2nd March 2022 06:27 PM