Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

gag 5th April 2016 08:06 AM

Victor salva and jeepers creepers 3
Agents and actors have been alerted to a casting call issued by convicted child molester Victor Salva for a third Jeepers Creepers movie.

In 1988, the US director was convicted of oral sex with Nathan Forrest Winters, the 12-year-old boy who had played the lead role in his horror film Clownhouse. He served 15 months of his three-year prison sentence and released the first Jeepers Creepers in 2001 after a five-year absence from Hollywood.

Salva’s latest casting notice advertised for the part of a 13-year-old girl called Addison who moves to live with her grandma after her stepfather starts “making overtures” to her. It sought an 18-year-old for the role, with shooting scheduled to begin in British Columbia, Canada shortly.

However, production looks set to be delayed after the Union of British Columbia Performers caught wind of the notice, posted on Breakdown Services, and circulated a warning to those in the industry, reminding them of Salva’s criminal past.

“It has recently come to our attention that a casting breakdown has gone out for a future film entitled Jeepers Creepers III and that the director of the film, Victor Salva, was convicted of sexual misconduct in 1988,” the message read.

“The conviction allegedly resulted from misconduct involving a minor whom Mr Salva was directing at the time. At this time we would like to remind our members and their agents that, under Article A2702 (Safety and Welfare of a Minor) of the BC Master Production Agreement, a performer has the right to refuse work if they believe the nature of the work is unsafe

Breakdown Services removed the notice from its site soon after receiving the alert and issued the following statement, according to Deadline: “Upon learning of this notice and our own verification of the facts surrounding Salva’s conviction, Breakdown Services has removed this project from its files.

“All submissions made by any agent on this project are no longer available to the casting director nor any member of the production staff.”

Salva publicly acknowledged his conviction in 2006 when he begged for forgiveness during an interview with the Los Angeles Times. “I made a terrible mistake, one I wish I could take back every day of my life,” he said.

“I pled guilty to a terrible crime and I’ve spent the rest of my life trying to make up for it. For almost 20 years I’ve been involved with helping others, I’ve been in therapy and I’ve made movies.

“But I paid my debt to society and apologised to the young man and all I can hope is that people will give me a chance to redeem myself.”

Jeepers Creepers 3 is currently in pre-production and aiming for a 2017 release date. It remains unknown whether plans will be affected by Salva’s past and he is yet to comment.

gag 5th April 2016 08:20 AM

IMDB caused a glorious uproar among horror fans when they announced Jeepers Creepers 3 had, at long last, gone into production. Too bad it wasn’t remotely true. The un-news even came as a surprise to franchise mastermind Victor Salva who said at the time: “It has come close several times to going before the camera, and I hope someone sees the wisdom in shooting this. According to IMDB we already started shooting; I guess they started without us.”
This misinformation is just one example of many false rumors regarding Jeepers Creepers 3 that have caused first elation and then devastation among horror fans when reports are disproven.
Occasionally, an excited fan will stumble across one of the fan-made trailers for Jeepers Creepers 3 on You Tube; inevitably, he or she will share the news all over Facebook or Twitter—which only adds to the confusion. there’s a lot of BS out there on the Internet and it’s difficult to separate fact from fiction. It’s time to get the story straight.

Despite it’s pitiable 45% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes, Jeepers Creepers was an amazing success, grossing almost $60 million worldwide. The film succeeded in no small part thanks to the villainous antagonist, the titular Creeper: A chilling hybrid of man and demon. Jeepers Creepers was further bolstered by a crackling script and amazing chemistry between the film’s lead actors; Justin Long and Gina Philips play a brother and sister duo on a road-trip through rural Florida who run afoul of the dangerous beast. The film firmly established writer/director Victor Salva as an up and coming horror practitioner of unusual promise

sequel, simply titled Jeepers Creepers II and helmed again by Victor Salva, was released in 2003 and picks up three days after the events of the first film. This time, the action centered on a family seeking vengeance against the Creeper and a broken down bus full of high school kids who find themselves easy prey. While hardcore fans weren’t as impressed with Salva’s second JC effort, the film was another undeniable success, this time grossing over $63 million worldwide.

In the years since, Silva has gone on to direct the horror films Rosewood Lane (2011) and Dark House (2014), but he and fans have been holding out hope for a 3rd Chapter in the Jeepers Creepers Franchise for ages. Considering the confirmed profitability of the franchise and the documented legions of followers, it seems like producing Part 3 would be a no-brainer. So… WTF is going on?

The push for Jeepers Creepers Part 3 began almost immediately after the release of Part 2, in 2003. The first reports to surface claimed the next installment would serve as both a prequel and a sequel, starting off in the Old West and ending 23 years after the events of the first two films. It was implied that Gina Philips would team up with Ray Wise and Luck Edwards (who played the protagonists in Part 2) for a no holds barred battle royale against the insidious Creeper. Salva was clearly deeply inspired, telling fans and online news outlets that Part 3 would be the most ambitious of the franchise.

Since then: A whole lotta nothing.

The project seems to be stalled at the source; MGM, who owns the franchise, balked at Salva’s requested filming budget. The project was downgraded; a theatrical release was scrubbed and plans were made for an eventual direct-to-DVD release for Jeepers Creepers Part 3. This callous treatment of an established cash-cow franchise by the studio is utterly mind-boggling. As the years slogged on with no progress, hopes began to fade.

Things seemed to be looking up when, in 2011 Salva reported

“Though I’ve been beating this drum for so long that people have started not to believe me, I am told that they are very close to a financing deal for the third film in the trilogy. So I want to say [the film is moving forward], but let’s not jinx it by saying anymore.” Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut!

Since then, rumors have circulated about a possible Jeepers Creepers TV series that would pick up wherever Part 3 ends. Other rumors said MGM had decided to move forward with the film (reinstating a theatrical release) as long as it’s produced in 3-D, an option that does not please Salva one bit. Another postulated that it was being filmed in secret. Other (more likely) rumors involve squabbling over casting decisions, script re-writes, and (as always) money.

This morning, the horror site iHorror posted an article on their Facebook page, triumphantly proclaiming: Justin Long Confirms ‘Jeepers Creepers 3 Plot; Offers Project Update. Just like I’ve seen dozens of time before, excited fans (many of whom probably didn’t even read the actual article) start gushing with similar sentiments: “Finally!” and, “I can’t wait!” and, “I’ve been looking forward to this for years!” Getting people’s hopes up with a misleading headline isn’t the worst crime in the world, but it definitely toys with our emotions.

Those who did click on the link discovered, first of all, that this article was published months ago, back in early September 2014, so this is hardly recent news. Furthermore, they give credence to “facts” presented by someone who’s not remotely involved in the film’s production; Justin Long may appear in a flashback, but he’s an actor, not a producer, so he’s in absolutely no position whatsoever to “confirm” anything! And what were his supposedly jaw-dropping revelations, you ask:

“There is a script (it’s called Jeepers Creepers: Cathedral). Gina [Philips] plays the lead in it. It’s been tough getting off the ground, financially, unfortunately.”

In other words, more of the same old same old. Thanks for nothing.

Nothing but the Facts

Here’s what we know: There is a script for Jeepers Creepers Part 3. Victor Salva wrote the screenplay and is attached to direct. Unfortunately, MGM seems (at the moment) unwilling to pony-up the funds necessary to bring this project to fruition. Anything else you’ve heard about the progress of Jeepers Creepers 3 is an unsubstantiated rumor.

So how can we separate fact from fiction? First of all, unless the news comes from an established industry site, you should double-check it before rushing to the Internet to stir the pot with unfounded-excitement. I keep telling folks: When Jeepers Creepers 3 finally does go into production, we’ll all know it—because it’s going to be a huge news story! You won’t be able to escape it!

Another rumor: The Creeper's truck will return in Part 3

Feel hopeless about the entire situation? Wish there was something you could do about it, a way to convince MGM to do right by fans? I’m reminded of the Occupy Midian campaign: A group of dedicated genre fans who almost single-handedly brought the director’s cut of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed to the masses. Jeepers Creepers needs a champion, or better yet, a movement. Fans need to let MGM know that we’re still here, and just as excited as ever for the Jeepers Creepers saga to continue. Without an organized, high profile effort, hell may freeze over before Cathedral ever sees the light of day.

Inspector Abberline 8th April 2016 04:07 PM

DAVID BRENT: LIFE ON THE ROAD – OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MjTh5tFiZM

Susan Foreman 10th April 2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 484651)

Can anyone please explain the appeal of Ricky Gervais to me?

I don't get it!

iank 10th April 2016 07:42 AM

In general neither do I, though I think the appeal of Brent is that he makes even the nerdiest of us go "At least I'm not like him". :tongue1:

gag 10th April 2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 484888)

I don't get it!

There a lot of famous people i dont like or dislike like Ricky Gervais.
And i dont go out my way in any shape or form to watch these people, but if i see clips or someone's watching them some bits make me chuckle
But there is certain ppl i can see why they dont apeal, but there is ppl i dont see or get there apeal in anyway shape or form and Jack Whitehall one of them. I dont go out my way to watch much tv if i miss something then i miss it simple as. Only odd tv show i do go out my way to watch eg walking dead, dr who even tho at times i lose interest, and recent American crime story ppl v the public o j simpson.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th April 2016 09:30 PM

https://49.media.tumblr.com/96fc41e2...0vkjo2_500.gif

AKA: 'The Nunjuring'.

Just what we needed! :rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

I don't get it!

It's that whole office mentality that Gervais got so right with The Office. Unless you've worked in one, in the UK then it might not seem so funny.

David Brent was an integral part of the scenario so the character remains funny.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 484889)
I think the appeal of Brent is that he makes even the nerdiest of us go "At least I'm not like him". :tongue1:

Well that depends. A lot of the time people would long for a Brent type boss rather than the bollocking bureaucrats that seem to run so many office like environments.

J Harker 14th April 2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

I don't get it!

I don't mind Gervais. It was The Office i didn't get. Cringey humour that was lost on me.