Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st May 2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 490973)
As the author says, the minority are the misogynists, but the vast majority of people are slating it because it looks like a turd, not because of who are playing the Ghostbusters.

What about if you think they just chose the wrong women?

Those effects look quite poor for a modern big screen production. The jokes just don't connect either.

J Harker 21st May 2016 11:53 AM

The original focused as much if not more on the story and supernatural mythology than the jokes which just flowed naturally. This looks like a comedy that sort of happens to be about ghost hunting. There's nothing wrong particularly with the four actresses but it looks like they could just as well be pest exterminators or interior decorators or whatever.

iank 21st May 2016 11:01 PM

It looks like a typical modern "comedy", i.e brain dead and terminally unfunny. And no, I'm sorry, but the cast suck too. If you're really going to do an "all female" movie (though the idea is itself a pointless and blatant ideological stunt rather than done with any motivation to make a good film) don't fill it with actresses who suck and aren't funny.
Reboots suck anyway. Sucky reboot+modern"comedy"vibe+unappealingcast = me staying home. :nod::pop2:

gag 22nd May 2016 12:00 AM

Ill probably watch it,

In about 2yrs time when nowt on tv and sod all else to watch.

:pound: you cant think for a second i was being serious as in going cinema to watch it noooooooope

gag 24th May 2016 04:00 PM

Django lives, and he’s still played by Franco Nero.

I can tell you that John Sayles, one of my all time favorite directors, has agreed to direct “Django Lives.” It was announced last October that he’d write the screenplay.

“Django Lives” has nothing to do with Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” This film will be the third to star Franco Nero as the title character. It’s set 50 years after the first movie. Django is now a horse handler and an extra on the set of D.W. Griffith’s “Birth of a Nation.”

Louis Black, Carolyn Pfeiffer, David Hollander and Nancy P. Sanders are the producers.

Sayles, of course, has a long list of great films including “Lone Star,” “Passion Fish,” “Return of the Secaucus 7,” “Matewan,” “Eight Men Out” and “Silver City.” Hard to believe, but he’ll be 66 years old this September when he starts shooting “Django Lives.” He’s due a lot of lifetime awards already and some real recognition as an outstanding filmmaker. I can’t wait to see this one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491334)
Django lives, and he’s still played by Franco Nero.

I can tell you that John Sayles, one of my all time favorite directors,

What are your faves then gag?

I've only seen Lone Star and that was a long time ago.

gag 24th May 2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491341)
What are your faves then gag?

I've only seen Lone Star and that was a long time ago.

Lol i didnt write that i just copied and pasted the page.
But tbh ive only seen original django :hide: keep meaning to but never seen any anywhere to buy and i dont have money to go out splashing lots of money for films hence why i buy them cheap out of shops or of people from sites like this.
Keep meaning to but lack of money and time stops me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491353)
Lol i didnt write that i just copied and pasted the page.

You should put stuff like that inside quote tags then we know. ;)

Like i didn't already. :pound:

gag 24th May 2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491359)
You should put stuff like that inside quote tags then we know. ;)

Like i didn't already. :pound:

My lack of writting skill, punctuation marks etc gives it away.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th May 2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 491361)
My lack of writting skill, punctuation marks etc gives it away.

It was the first ever post of yours that I could fully understand! ;) :D